how do I load GNG on my 1.5 psp ? etc

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I have just downgraded to 1.5 for the roms.. havent got neo and cps2 to work yet maybe its my dumps, but snes is fine

I heard theres a firmware emulator that'll let me play gng on the 1.5 bios, is this right?

I'd rather play gng than roms .. maybe :emb:

anyone gonna provide me with useful instructions? hehe I've looked a little online but theres a lot to take onboard at once.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
DevHook 0.46 emulates (up to) 2.71 firmware. You can just put GnG isos in the ISO folder.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
awesome, all of these devhook programs look pretty but dont seem to do much :eye:

I cant get gng to load or sfa3 from memstick :emb:

Y_Y

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Kernow. There are two distributions. Full and lite.

Get the FULL devhook .46 installation. It includes all the files you need.

Its on mininova.

Its a straight install. Easy.

Then after everything is installed. Load the iso of the game that you want to play in the iso folder on root. Then load up devhook and pick ether umd disk or your iso. And it loads after.

Last edited:

eclypse

Banned
Well since no one else is mentioning, it i'll say it.. Make sure you have a real UMD game installed when you try loading the games off the mem stick or it wont work!

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I can help you with CPS2 and NG emulators if you need it. Shoot me a PM if you do.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
ah fuck, so i need a iso of the game I bought? this sucks.

none of my cps2 or mvs roms will work for some reason, must be the dump type.

I'll try an iso with devhook now, scummvm is pretty rocking , i might play through maniac mansion hehe

regretting buying a 1GB card already ouch

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
kernow said:
none of my cps2 or mvs roms will work for some reason, must be the dump type.

probably.

i tested out the mvs emu, and had to dl new romz for the few games i wanted. old ones i had wouldn't run though that cache program or whatever.

wait, scummvm is on psp? links plz.

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
yar sound would be excellent. and sam n max.

did you get your psp new? what firmware was it. i have a 1.5 psp right now, but it's got the faulty square button. i have one of those extended warranty shizzles, so i can swap it for a new one, but want to make sure i can downgrade the new one to 1.5. i haven't been keeping up with all this psp emu crap.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
it was a 2.5 out of the box which i upgraded to 2.71 so i could play my bought GNG while on holiday.

then I downgraded it to 1.5 today.. so it runs stuff.

but yer, you and me need a refresher on this shit I guess.

anyonneee?

lols

snes and scummvm i have sorted, i wouldnt mind trying mame, cps1/2, and who knows what else.. maybe a movie player so i dont have to convert video all day long just to play it.

edit: my square button is half pressy wierd, I thought that was fixed and shit.. it doesnt bother me really though

i watched the pilot of macgyver on it last night .. wicked

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
maybe its because my game on memstick is all raw files in \iso\ and not an iso file.

but i have no luck with devhook at all it does nothing lols :emb:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
kernow said:
awesome, all of these devhook programs look pretty but dont seem to do much :eye:

I cant get gng to load or sfa3 from memstick :emb:

Y_Y

You don't need the iso if you have the game, you can have DevHook load from UMD. You need at least 1 UMD to boot ISO anyway.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
i tried using devhook to load my legit umd but it just sits there and after a while goes black and does bugger all.. suggestions? :annoyed:

the port of quake 1 is wicked i'd love to see it with hardware rendering, not sure about the controls though lol, could hack up a config so it works ds metroid style (i'm left handed) using the buttons for walking and strafing etc.

blech

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
all the cps2 roms I try just tell me they wont work or run out of ram lol

??

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
For the CPS2 stuff, pretty much every rom has to be run through the converter that the emulator came with. That should solve your problem.

wizkid007

20 Year Member
kernow said:
i tried using devhook to load my legit umd but it just sits there and after a while goes black and does bugger all.. suggestions? :annoyed:

the port of quake 1 is wicked i'd love to see it with hardware rendering, not sure about the controls though lol, could hack up a config so it works ds metroid style (i'm left handed) using the buttons for walking and strafing etc.

blech

Sure devhook loads. But if you dont have the extracted firmware files in the appropriate folders. Of course it isnt going to do anything. Which is why I said get the full install.

Do you have the full install? I also think you have to get the reboot file on your own. As that is the only file that devhook uses that isnt aloud by sony. It probably is in the mininova torrent though.

wizkid007

20 Year Member
kernow said:
all the cps2 roms I try just tell me they wont work or run out of ram lol

??

Which means you got the wrong version. Or you havent made a cache file for the game. There is a utility for doing this which you save on the actual memory stick.

barf

Maxima's Barber
kernow said:

blech

All you need is that. http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/673

I guess it s just a setup problem, this will make it easy as pie (the first install option is all you need) :)

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
uninstalled mine and trying that one now , thanks

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
hmm that one installed better and has the devhook working , but on my 1.5 i still cant get sfalpha3.iso to load.. or my legit GNG .. bah humbug etc.

do I just have to select UMD or ISO in the menu, then click start? because thats what I'm doing and its not loading UMD's or iso files.

I made the iso from the raw files myself so that might be it, but the devhook menu picks it up in the file browser :help:

?

I see nowhere in the cps2 emu to create a cache file either, and no cps2 rom I've tried so far works, it just says "YOU WILL NEVER RUN THIS GAME" or similar.

woot

barf

Maxima's Barber
kernow said:
hmm that one installed better and has the devhook working , but on my 1.5 i still cant get sfalpha3.iso to load.. or my legit GNG .. bah humbug etc.

do I just have to select UMD or ISO in the menu, then click start? because thats what I'm doing and its not loading UMD's or iso files.

I made the iso from the raw files myself so that might be it, but the devhook menu picks it up in the file browser :help:

?

I see nowhere in the cps2 emu to create a cache file either, and no cps2 rom I've tried so far works, it just says "YOU WILL NEVER RUN THIS GAME" or similar.

woot

The normal steps :
You launch the devhook.
Once in the appli:
"UMD SELECT"
there you choose the one to start and press circle
it will be back to the mail menu, and you will see in the white writtings "UMD MODE: UMD Disc etcetcetc" or "UMD MODE: Image+ etcetcetc"
then you select START

there the PSP will reboot in the 2.71 firmware, and either the game will start or not. If it doesn t start, you just go and launch it from the game menu-UMD Disk (if you selected an ISO is will be mounted as a virtual UMDs). So press X on the UMD icon of the XMB Game menu and voila.

To go back to the 1.5 from within the 2.71 : go in the games menu, then memory stick, there you will see a white icon to go back to 1.5 firmware, just launch it and you are back from your good old 1.5 homebrew ready version.

for CPS2, those i have that work:
avsp.zip
batcir.zip
mmatrix.zip
mshvsfu1.zip
mvscar1.zip
progear.zip
sfa3.zip
sgemf.zip
spf2t.zip
vsav2.zip
xmvsfur1.zip

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
cool, i might have to get those rom dumps off you duder.

thanks for your help, i now have a couple isos running off the stick.. I'm still not sure how to load gng off the umd as i dont want to use the iso of it. no point if i own it..

I was getting confused because sometimes it'd just dump me to the xmb menu again :emb:

but I am correct in saying it'll boot my gng umd too right? I guess so.. lets try it kekeke