G6 vs. M3 (flash carts)

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
I saw the M3 CF version and was kind of interested since I have a 1gb CF card already.

Any reason to not get an M3 and a passme or whatever?

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Every single one of you is a bastard.

Bunch of cocks.

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
I'm completely going on what I've heard from others so I could be completely wrong here but I'm going to spout off like I know what I'm talking about anyway because I have 45 minutes to kill before I'm off work.

The G6 is supposed to have very fast internal memory. Unless you use an extremely fast CF card with the M3, you're likely to have slow load times and possibly crashing and other incompatibilities.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
G6 is quite expensive and you can't add memory to it... I'd rather go with the M3 or supercard if you already have a CF card.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Well Id still have to get a passme card too for either of them right?

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Nesagwa said:

Yeah, but you can generally find them bundled together with the G6 or M3... Don't bother getting the G6 if you want to be able to expand the internal flash memory, I believe it maxes out at 512MB. There's 3 versions of the M3 that you can get, but I wouldn't recommend the CF version since it tends to have a slow transfer rate, which can result in crappy framerates and whatnot. It'll also stick out of the DS, especially the Lite.

I own the mini-SD version, meant for the standard DS, so it fits like a standard GBA cart. There's a micro-SD version as well which fits in the DSL like the dust cover cartridge that comes with it.

You're best off researching it at www.m3wiki.com and www.m3-forum.com. Make sure that whatever card you get is compatible with it, there's a compatibility list at M3 Wiki.

Oh, and everyone I know has ordered their M3 from www.consolesource.com, which has a Passme/M3 bundle.

KaedesBlade

Bead Banger
Nesagwa said:

Reflash your DS with FlashMe, then you wont have to buy the passme.

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
KaedesBlade said:
Reflash your DS with FlashMe, then you wont have to buy the passme.
To do that, he needs to borrow someone's PassMe though...

Where's the dragonpunch emoticon?

Bakaneiro

Marked Wolf
I have a g6 with 512mb and very very happy with it.

Memory is no problem, right now I have 10 DS and 4 gba roms.. very fast, saves are just like normal games, simple and intuitive display

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Bakaneiro said:
I have a g6 with 512mb and very very happy with it.

Memory is no problem, right now I have 10 DS and 4 gba roms.. very fast, saves are just like normal games, simple and intuitive display

I was going to go this route....heard good things. But I am waiting on a DS-Xtreme. :drool_2: If it ever comes out.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
I was going to go this route....heard good things. But I am waiting on a DS-Xtreme. :drool_2: If it ever comes out.

I almost pre-ordered a DS-X at modchipman yesterday but my bank shit is messed up right now.

Looks pretty awesome.