Just picked up a black DS Lite....but

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I already have a white one....now I can't choose which I like better. Should I keep both? Is that wrong?

On a side note, I kinda wish they had made the black one all matte, no gloss. So as to avoid fingerprints. Plus it would've felt more nostalgic to me.

Now all I need is a NGPC, Atari Lynx and a PCE emulator on this puppy. :buttrock:

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
My girl bought a pink one and each screen had a dead pixel like right in the middle.

Returned it, got a new one.

Now it has one in the top toward the center thats blue, goes blue every once and a while.

Meh.

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I had a white one since they first came out in Japan. Got a lot of use and enjoyment out of it. I purchased a black one for myself the day the came out and a pink one for my girlfriend. I asked her weather I should keep both and this is what she said. "Both are really nice, but the white one seems to be more suited for children. The black one is more elegant and sophisticated." On a more practical note, the yellow one can discolor really with heavy use, however the black one will not have this problem. Needless to say, I kept my black one, and now my white one has a new home. It is just a matter of personal taste I suppose.

If it makes you feel any better, I am probably going to get a Japanese and American Wii.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
i noticed the matte part on the white ones can get pretty dirty pretty quick from unclean thumbs.

but the black shows fingerprints like crazy on the outside.

i broke down and bought a black one to replace my ds phat a few days ago.:emb:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
the fingerprints do drive me crazy....but black handhelds are just so much cooler to me. If it were matte I would be in heaven.

My dork-ass HATES the fact that my white one has discolored knobby-knobs on the bottom. But I wash my hands more than Monk, so discoloring isn't so much an issue outside of that.

Keeping both I think.....for now.

The black is NICE though.

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
good call on keeping both, I would keep a spare incase I would want to battle a friend or relative, if it rarely gets used then I would sell one to get a few games.