New Elite Beat Agents Videos: 2 Full Songs

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
http://www.dsfanboy.com/2006/09/19/two-elite-beat-agents-videos/

This game is really shaping up nicely. It has a very different taste than Ouendan. The story about the lost dog finding its way home made me tear up a bit as I thought about my little pooch.

Novemeber is going to be an incredible month for games. Wii and all its stuff, PS3 (for those who care), Elite Beat Agents for DS, Gears of War for Xbox 360 and more. No way on Earth I will find time to play all of this stuff.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I hear that... How am I going to pay for all this?

Paik4Life

Armored Scrum Object
The game looks okay...I don't really like that they changed it so much. I guess the stories are more geared for US culture. I LOVE all the songs from Ouendan so hopefully they have a good US soundtrack, too. I won't be picking it up though.

~Paik

Mayhem

Zero's Secretary
These are the two stories that were available on the demo kiosks at E3/Comicon. As a huge fan of Ouendan, I'm pleased to say that the EBA version is just as playable, wacky and brilliant as its Japanese predecessor. Looking forward to November, and not just for the Wii :)

(watching these vids, means I can finally concentrate on what's happening on the top screen when before of course I've been intently looking at the bottom when playing the demo!)

BIG

sony fanboy
There are a few games that just aren't meant to be localized.

This is one of them.

B-

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
BIG said:
There are a few games that just aren't meant to be localized.

This is one of them.

B-

You are probably right on this one. However, I will be picking it up when it comes out here. I really enjoyed the Japanese version.

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I agree partially. Ouendan was great. I was the person who first started promoting it on these boards back when it came out. However, EBA is not a translation of the game; it is a totally different game. I am excited to see the different stories and music which they have chosen. To be honest, I am glad it is not a port. The translations would have been terrible, and the cultural jokes would not have translated well at all. This way, we get a totally new game.

Lucent Beam

Armored Scrum Object
I adore Ouendan and from playing EBA at E3, I didn't really feel like that much had changed.
Different stories, different style.. but.. it's tapping and sliding your DS to music. Even with a completely different shell, it's the same basic experience.