Damn Nostalgia Noobs

neo geo forever

Cheng's Errand Boy
15 Year Member
Just wanted to say Hi to those still playing the Neo Geo. Nostalgia kicked in last month so I hit ebay to buy an AES. I havent had the AES system since 1996 when the only games I had were Sam Sho I and II (couldnt afford anything else). I think I paid $225 for part 2 brand new then. Ended up selling it since I went broke while in college. I called the guy last month to buy it back and he still had it and didnt want to sell....I dont blame him. Anyway I saw a CMVS in an auction built by Loopy Eddie last month (it was a 6slot with a green housing). I couldnt believe how nice it was....someone outbid me. So it brought me to this forum. You guys are crazy! I cant believe some of these collections that are worth thousands of dollars...truly awesome. I wish I found this forum in 99. So thats why I made the name neo geo forever so I wont forget my favorite game system. Alright bring on the DRAMA!

-Tom

Darkneo

Morden's Lackey
I know how you feel about ebay. It bloody sux when someone outbids ya. I have been outbidded a few times while bidding on AES Consoles, But yeah i am kinda shock myself that the Old SNK products are worth so much money these day's. I remember seeing a AES console in the early 90's in a Gameshop for around $500 Aus Dollars, but my mate wanted me to get a SNES instead. If i could go back in time i would for sure got it instead of the Snes knowing now that the buggers are worth so much money. I am still looking for one myself, but i am really thinking about going MvS Consolised, got a mate at work that can do it for me, just found out today he studied in Electronics & engineering in Uni i just need to supply the Hardware. I have been trying to track a Cabinet, but much too Expensive in Australia. Well i hope you find another AES. good luck Mate :)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I was only a 1 year old in '90, I didn't find out about the Neo Geo until early 2001 and didn't end up owning an AES and 9 games until august 2005.
I soon realised that it's quite expensive to go the AES route and so I sold my AES stuff for a cab which I now have more than I ever had on AES on MVS.
MVS is far better for the gamer, collecting is much cheaper also. ;)

Darkneo

Morden's Lackey
Hiya lachlan :)

I only got into the Neo Geo late 90's with playing Kof94 & 95 at the Arcade and it was then i was so hooked on SNK that i wanted more :drool_2: , so later in life i got my myself a imported Neo Geo Colour Pocket & a Mod Dreamcast from a Shop in Canberra called KC's Virtual Reality Cafe, they sell imports and Had awesome Cabinets aswell as sell pizza, Man that place Rock:buttrock:, but they went out of business a few years ago over Sony Australia giving them a hard time about displaying Imported Games and the GST didn't help much with getting imports. But i managed to get all my KOF games for the DC and some of the Neo Geo Pocket games that i wanted thru that shop. I think the Only Arcade Cabinet i play at lunch time at work is Metal Slug 5 in the Arcade at the Shopping Centre all the Other Cabinets are crappy kiddie Games that does'nt interest me.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Thank god we have online import stores.
I've been to a few arcades here in Melbourne, the good ones have Versus city, Blast city and Astro city cabinets lined up with SF's, Tekkens, Virtua fighters and Neo fighters!

The cabinets unfortuneatly aren't in the best shape, hell what can you expect from a small cramped up room full of cabs in the city anyway.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
hi, there , i could only afford fatal fury 2, top hunter , world heroes 2 and sam shodown for the home system so i went for the cd system so i could afford more games even though i managed to get kof 96 for the home system after being thouroughly peeved off with the loading on the neo cd and then after that never came back till 2001 when i found this site and could not believe that games were still being made for the system

what really sucks though if u have a good collection of mvs kits and sell them all and then when u start collecting again u cant get ahold of any in the condition u had before

welcome to the site

neo geo forever

Cheng's Errand Boy
15 Year Member
Thanks for the replys!

Darkneo: I think the worst part about ebay is the bootleg carts on there! I hope you get a consolized mvs then you can get a ton of games at a great price....just watch out for the boots!

lachlan: Man I cant believe the prices of AES games. I just picked up a CMVS 4slot since the games are cheaper. But I still want an AES down the road just for old times!

Lee Gray: Dang you know what I forgot about the Neo CD...A buddy of mine had the 1st version which is like a 1x speed...he he KOF 98 Slugfest and it would load forever between rounds and even worse when you changed characters....so we would just use the same players.

MattMan

Galford's Armourer
Welcome to the fourms, Jeeze I got bit by the bug when I used to bowl when I Was back in middle school, they had a tall red cab there with metal slug on it and it got me hooked. Yeah I know how expensive AES is I got a friend who has one. Myself I went and bought a neo pocket and an Neo CD system which was decent for the price and the games were cheap but jeeze loadtimes are a bit of a pain. But its all fun none the less!

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
This thread makes me want to blow off work for the afternoon and go home to play with my Neo. Stupid job. :help:

And welcome to the forum. :)

bowtopuar

n00b
congrats on rediscovering the greatness that is the neo-geo

I've had my two slot for about six months now. I switched jobs and dont have the email address or password for my old account so i started a new one :mad:

Metal Slug was pretty much why I got my MVS. bought it from a Skateland going out of buissiness for 250 and its work more or less perfectly ever since. Hell I didnt even know how many games would play on my MVS just thought I was buying Metal Slug I essentially :lolz: because i could have cared less about king of the monsters.

neo geo forever

Cheng's Errand Boy
15 Year Member
Yeah there are so many good quality games on the Neo. Exactly like you remember them from the arcade. Now the trick is locating all the games you want to buy.