KOF XII /Samurai Showdown (3D)/ Maximum Impact:Regulation A- adios AW - hello Type x2

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
cool/ cool/ cool/ goodbye/ hello.

thanks for the link

edit: btw, who is that kissing in your sig? Is that a man and a woman; a woman and a woman; or a man and a man?

edit again: Crikey! SvG on PSP!?!?!? If I had not just sold mine I would have been all over that!

BTW devilredeemed, a bit off subject, but do you still have that Tatsujin Oh board for sale? I know it was up a while ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if its gone or no longer for sale. I'm gonna pick up a vertical cab in a couple days or so, and I'm gonna need a game, Truxton on Genesis is one of my all time favs, the sequel ROCKs too, at least that what MAMe tells me. Thanks dude.

Last edited:

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
yeah, i thought that SvG on PSP was pretty cool too. Seems the PSP gets a lot of sleeper hits. Look at Astonishia Story from the GP32.

Cant wait to see what comes of the new system, just sad to see the Atomiswave go out like a lost old man.

Granted, Extreme Hunting 2 ISNT that bad. Pretty Fun actually.

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
holy splooge.

HOB-FIG-4335.jpg

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Jimminy said:
is the Taito Type 2-X hardware expensive???
Your guess is as good as mine. I'm gonna go out on a limb here though, and say yeah probably just as much if not more than atomiswave hardware.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Is Type X2 even out yet? I was under the impression that the most current was Type X. Sorry if this question sounds silly to some.

@moose- yeah, I thought that was a cool Statue as well, I especially like the back shot.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
those vids look cooler than the AW games.

Opening video for SS3D was pretty impressive, hopefully they do a good job on the game.

KOF vid looked sweet, pretty fast gameplay it looked like. I might have to check out that one,

Stifu

Kabuki Klasher
I hope that 3D SS game doesn't mean no more 2D ones...
3 games announced, 2 of them in 3D... SNKP is slowly getting away from 2D, but will most likely keep on making a few 2D games for the little market there is for it...

And if the prices of the 2 Taito Type X games at coinop are anything to go by, I clearly won't be getting a Taito Type X2.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Hey maybe the graphics in KOFXII won't suck now that it's on a new platform.

And it's completely PC based, nice. A PC release would be awesome, even if it just came out in Japan you could just import and install and there are a ton of good joysticks that work on PC.

-Hibikster-

Bead Banger
JHendrix said:
And it's completely PC based, nice.

If the Type-X2 its based on the Type-X in terms of hardware engineering, then you're absolutely right.

Here are some specs for Type-X:

CPU : Celeron 2.5Ghz (upgradable to Pentium 4 2.8GHz)
FSB : 400MHz (Upgradable to 800MHz)
Chipset : Intel 865G
Memory : DDR266 DIMM 256MB (upgradable to DDR400 2GB)
Graphics Board : AGP Radeon 9200SE (128 MB) through to X800XT (256 MB) (complete ATI Radeon Range)
Audio : AC97 onboard 6 channel audio CODEC
Lan : On-board 10/100Base-TX
USB : 4ch (ver 1.1 & 2.0 compatible)
Parallel port : 1 port
PS/2 port : keyboard, mouse
PCI : 2 slots
IDE : 2ch U-DMA(100/66/33)
Serial ATA : 2ch
Audio inputs : Microphone (stereo pin-jack), line-in (stereo pin-jack)
Audio outputs : line-out (stereo pin-jack), SPDI/F
Power : ATX AC 100v

Source: http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=677

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Seeing the new hardware choice is interesting, but I don't see anything exciting about these titles. I guess I wanted another surprise this time around... Garou sequel, Last Blade sequel, even AOF or Fuun or something. Samurai Shodown in 3D is intriguing for non-Hyper owners, but I think that the success of a 3D SS will depend on artistry, blood, and the series' trademark dark mood even more than a 2D SS would. SNKP's recent trend of avoiding anything risky/offensive could hurt them on that game.

Maybe the home port of SS 3D will have the Hyper games as unlockables. (Don't I wish! Falcoon: "Dude, where's my romz?")

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Is there actual game footage of KOF XII?

Edit:

No, there clearly isn't any yet.

Last edited:

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
I guess there's really no reason to buy Atomiswave now (for me). They've ported all the titles to PS2 and they can be had much cheaper, and they're pretty good ports from what I've heard.

This X-2 hardware is interesting though. The thing looks like a standard PC from the shot of the back. Embedded Windows XP? Core 2 Duo? Should be easy to port these games to PC. It probably won't be long before a NG.com big tymer has one of these in a cab at home. :chimp:

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
JHendrix said:
Hey maybe the graphics in KOFXII won't suck now that it's on a new platform.

the "graphics" in kof never sucked :rolleyes:

it certainly didn't suck in kof XI

but i don't feel like discussing on this matter for the 523th time

dakingofzumunda

Robert Garcia's Butler
Can't wait to see screens of KoF XII in action. Hopefully, it plays just as good as the last incarnation.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Fran said:
the "graphics" in kof never sucked :rolleyes:

it certainly didn't suck in kof XI

but i don't feel like discussing on this matter for the 523th time
my sentiments exactly. lol at the thought that new hardware will bring vastly superior graphics. they are slowly winding down 2D operations, not likely to spend big bucks on this game.

the move to the Taito system is just to keep up with current hardware - so ports work on next gen system. it's to stay relevant.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
I can only hope for the best out of these games, even though the KoF XII logo was kinda boring. Maybe when some screens are shown I can get more excited. SamSho has great potential if its presented right and its not all clean like the past game....and MI:A, well I was hoping to see another new character OTHER than Ash. Im not being cynical, just want something more.

O.

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
There are pics of Taito's new cab Vewlix. Widescreen lcd cab. Looks interesting.

And it looks like the X2 runs on Core 2 Duo.

Last edited:

Stifu

Kabuki Klasher
Who wants to bet this new SS 3D won't have blood ? Let's not summon Abster, though.

Anyway, as for the graphics of KoF... Sure, they don't suck if you're still satisfied with graphics from the 90s, but if you put KoF XI next to Hokuto no Ken... you wouldn't think they run on the same hardware, or even got released the same year.