Whats in your DS at the moment?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Castlevania

at 99.1% , level 62 I think , I need to beat menace and get the last decent ending, but I'm gonna run around levelling up for a bit first. :emb:

Just finished phoenix wright and got both endings, excellent EXCELLENT game, although the last trial got a tiny bit too cryptic with all the evidence and people, I had to use the FAQ a tiny bit :eye:

PW has almost no replay value at all, but the first and only play through is -=golden=-

barf

Maxima's Barber
Phoenix Wright, my gf is doing chapter 3.

I enjoyed that game a lot, but replaying it with her makes the experience painfull to my ears, the musics are in very short loops and the quality is on the low end.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Deep Labyrinth.

Purple Platypii made this game worthwhile.

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Sonic Rush and Final Fantasy IV.

The last boss in Rush is so fucking hard.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I havent played any of the last games mentioned

are they english?

apart from sonic, .. I hate sonic

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Yep, FFIV is in English, though the game is somewhat glitchy. There's minor lag in the battles and when you eventually get the airship in the game, minor lag there as well (both of those problems fixed in the euro release).

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
...for lunch break at work today...

Resident Evil
Riviera

...otherwise, recently...

Meteos

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
riviera?

if a game isnt 'mainstream' people, lets have a little description or a URL to a review :emb:

RE on DS is just fantastic, I didnt even try the new rebirth mode but I played the classic mode 3 times in a row, its just a near perfect port of the PSX original, but with the added RE4 techniques which makes it GGRRrreat

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
StarFox Ds and Mario Tennis.

PW has two endings? wtf? How do you get the other one. I believe I got the best one as everything turned out good.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Kern, half the games mentione so far are GBA games (FFIV and Riviera)...so I'm not sure if you consider it worth looking into.

Deep Labyrinth is a old school Dungeon Crawler perspective RPG where you use the stylus to swing your sword and cast magic spells. Fun in a Dungeon Master II sort of way.

http://www.gametrailers.com/streamer.php?id=3043&type=wmv

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
kernow said:
riviera?

if a game isnt 'mainstream' people, lets have a little description or a URL to a review :emb:

RE on DS is just fantastic, I didnt even try the new rebirth mode but I played the classic mode 3 times in a row, its just a near perfect port of the PSX original, but with the added RE4 techniques which makes it GGRRrreat

My bad.

Riviera

But yes, Resident Evil, I was a big fan of the original on PS1. Loved the story, campy setting, monsters, soundtrack...all very good; it all crossed over well on to the DS. The addition of the 180 turn from the GC remake is nice, and I like having your knife and your main weapon as seperate shoulder buttons rather having to unequip/reequip every time, very nice. I haven't gotten to rebirth mode yet either; I just made it to the queen spider in the tunnels last night.

Here's to hoping they can squeeze Biohazard 2 into the DS cartidge. :buttrock:

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
RevQuixo said:
Kern, half the games mentione so far are GBA games (FFIV and Riviera)...so I'm not sure if you consider it worth looking into.

Deep Labyrinth is a old school Dungeon Crawler perspective RPG where you use the stylus to swing your sword and cast magic spells. Fun in a Dungeon Master II sort of way.

http://www.gametrailers.com/streamer.php?id=3043&type=wmv

thanks rev, ahh! that game finally made it out? I'll have to have a look, I quite liked DM

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Animal Crossing: Wild World, also still trying to get 100% on Metroid Prime: Hunters, and honing my skillz on Tetris DS so that I can own youz all.

Finished Castlevania: DoS ages ago and now plodding my way through Castlevania: Sougetsu no Jyuujika (Full Japanese voices sound so good).

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Mario Hoops and Star Fox.

I hope to pick up Mega Man ZX and Cooking Mama (not for me:tickled: ) today.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
bokmeow said:
Animal Crossing: Wild World, also still trying to get 100% on Metroid Prime: Hunters, and honing my skillz on Tetris DS so that I can own youz all.

Finished Castlevania: DoS ages ago and now plodding my way through Castlevania: Sougetsu no Jyuujika (Full Japanese voices sound so good).

but

a) did you get 100% on CV
b) I should play metroid prime hunters, I should get past the 2nd planet

we should all play more WFC :shame:

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time.

Neat, fun RPG.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Nothing atm, because my black Onyx DS is in transit from Amazon to my house!

As soon as I get it though, I am putting Super Robots Taisen back in there. Great little game.

Paik4Life

Armored Scrum Object
Ouendan in my DS Lite and Castlevania in my regular DS (98%).

~Paik

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Lashujin said:
Band Brothers

Band Brothers is awesome, especially in multiplayer

where the hell is "Jam with the band?"

band brothers was a launch title jesus :kekeke:

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member