Considering buying HNG 64 revA...

Peter E

n00b
Hi!
I ve been offered a HNG 64 revA MotherBoard with Fatal Fury:WA & SS64 for around 200$ including shipping, here in Sweden... Is this a decent deal, I haven't seen that many HNG64:s around, and especially not in Sweden so shipping from US would frobably 200$ just for the MoBo and Carts...

I've never played a HNG64, and I'm curious about how big the difference is from playing on a AES or MVS?

Will I be stunned att the marvelous graphics or is it wiser to fork out a little more $ on the MVS collection...

(I'm Swedish, so don't flame me for poor spelling :crying: )

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Sounds a little steeper than normal...but given your location and if you haven't seen many. Not a bad deal necessarily. They are extremely heavy to ship, so this may be your best bet at picking one up. The Rev 1 [or A] requires a couple extra wires to get sound and power all working. Not a huge deal. I believe there are mods to get sound to come through the JAMMA harness but you will still have to wire the +5 volts for the board. If this bugs you, wait to get a Rev 2 board.

If you don't have an MVS setup yet, your money would be better spent on that first. The Hyper is a fun diversion from the typical SNK lineup. The SS64 games are great and FFWA is pretty damn fun. I would only recommend it to someone who has a healthy MVS/AES collection and is looking for something different though. Or if you are curious about Buriki One, as that is a great reason to get a Hyper.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Everything pixeljunkie said is true.

Also, fear the coat.

KGX2

n00b
Can someone point me to some shots of the games up and running please. For whatever reason i missed these things in teh arcades and still have never seen any of the games up and running or know what games even came out for this system. I know the system had a short life is part of me probably not getting a chance to play one. Anyway any help you can give would be great! :D
Thanks!
KGX2

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
the technology is going to look dated by about 10 years. But the games are still good.

SSS

neo retired
Worth it for Buriki alone. Shots of SS64 in my cab:

hyper1hao.jpg

hyper2hao.jpg

KGX2

n00b
Thanks for the links! Now does this mean that there were only 3 games made for the system or were there others but no links? The games i admit do look dated but 2D games do too really and besides i liked the virtua fighter series which these look just a bit better than. ;)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
There is 4 fighters:
Fatal Fury Wild Ambition
Buriki One
SS 64
SS64 2

There is a shooter and I think one or two racers (correct me here..)

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Correct. Beast Busters 2nd Nightmare was the shooter. Roads Edge and a Rally game were the drivers. Mind you that you need a separate motherboard for the shooter and yet another for the drivers as the different genre don't mix.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Xtreme Rally

That's stupid how the Rev1 board won't at least boot up the driving and shooting games. If I'm to understand the theory right, the extra +5 line on the Rev1 is there mostly just because the driving and shooting boards also have it (because they need it). Someone should make a Uni-bios that at least forces the other games to boot on the same board so we can watch the demos.