How long does it take Paypal to "review a case"?

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I escalated a case to the highest level about 2 weeks ago and it's been in "review". Some fucking asshole gipped me and we went back and forth. I haven't heard back from paypal since the case went into review, so how long does it take?

Baseley09

Hair Group,
If its escalated to a full claim its about 10 days, at least it was for the claim i just went through.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
VanillaThunder said:
I escalated a case to the highest level about 2 weeks ago and it's been in "review". Some fucking asshole gipped me and we went back and forth. I haven't heard back from paypal since the case went into review, so how long does it take?

I always call them and it only takes about 2-3 days if I do.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I have had to do this a couple of times. If I remember correctly, it will state somewhere on the page how long it will take. Seems like 10-14 days? They take their sweet time and part of that is waiting for them to contact the other party involved.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
the other party has 10 days to respond I believe, if they do not respond you automatically win the claim.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
winning the claim does not mean you will get your money back though.

paypal is so fucked up.

they were able to get me $175 out of $465. :oh_no:

Steve

The Wonder Years,
I had to report to PP twice, and both times they helped me real quick: I'd say 7 days or so I got refunded? Can't remember, but one time I got refunded about 50%, the other 90%. Not bad... not bad at all. Money order -- woulda been screwed completely. good luck

Highlander67

Sultan of Slugs
typically 2-3 weeks. Though I have had a few buddies wait as long as 2 months to fully review a complaint.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
It takes forever I am still having a case reviewed on my account cuz someone is claiming they didnt get thier item, I faxed paypal a receipt from usps and the confirmation information, I recommend if you have paper proof of your claim fax that to them with the case number on it. Paypal is bullshit and I always hear people talking shit on paypal, now I am one of them.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
On a side note, how does paypal refund work?

I paid $25 for a game I never received last month.

Today I am refunded the money back.

Yet my last bill I paid included the $25

Does the bank people automatically return the $25 I paid for in my last bill, since the seller refunded me my money back?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Steve said:
On a side note, how does paypal refund work?

I paid $25 for a game I never received last month.

Today I am refunded the money back.

Yet my last bill I paid included the $25

Does the bank people automatically return the $25 I paid for in my last bill, since the seller refunded me my money back?

It is probably sitting in your paypal account.

You can draw it back to your bank account from there.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
It depends on how long it takes them to figure out a way to fuck over the buyer.