BEWARE: NGF is selling on eBay again.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
chrisr said:
This is a PERFECT example of the typical imbecile that frequents this board. Telling half-truths and spreading the gospel of ignorance.

Additional info from the "black book"

I purchased 84 home carts, but only 81 were received. The three new Euro version Samurai Shodown 2 home carts were never sent by ngf. I purchased 1349 new neo CD games. Only 1342 were sent by ngf.

WOW addict claims he was shorted 3 carts and 7 CD's. So for 23k+ he was supposedly shorted about $50 in merchendise. When he whined up and down about it NGF actually blacklisted him from sales. Effectively, banning his ability to get any NOS carts. He ended up purchasing future carts second hand from other retailers that picked up some of the 6000+ NOS carts that were available. Of course this bogus claim of getting shorted was another song the pied piper played for the morons - and of course they follow like lemmings.

ChrisR

seems to me you just tried to justify ripping off someone for 3 carts and 7 CDs

can you please try to explain why that isn't wrong again?

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
interesting read

chrisr im a very new memeber here can you please tell me how you kept the neo going for probably 3-4 years after it was to be killed in the US market. what i gathered is you damaged more stuff than you provided and you sold freaked carts damaging the community more.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Even though I'm pretty new here I can see why everyone doesn't like NGF.
What I don't understand is why you didn't just sell what NOS Neo Geo products you had, wouldn't that be far more profitable? let alone not being known as total dicks.

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
When SNK shuttered the US office in 99, they contacted Dion and I about distributing games for them in the US. At that point they were just looking for someone who could handle purchasing the japanese games and distributing them to US retailers. Since we were by far the biggest names in associated with the Neo Geo, it was us they contacted. Instead of just agreeing to do this like lap dogs happy to get words with them, we only agreed after convincing them the US market still deserved English released carts. KOF2000(or ANY subsequent neo geo game) was NOT scheduled to be produced in English. After looking at the financials and deciding the market could not handle 2000(the # of carts it would have taken to sponser a "free" english release), we paid $10,000 for SNK to translate, produce, and package the 100 US KOF 2000's in Japan. Add that to the cost, pushing the cost of the game up, hence the original $500 selling price. Luckily, the game is now selling for $2000+ and the luck owners can be extra happy knowing they have the rarest US released cart ever. We were set to bring out NITD, a full release of 2000 carts, but SNK refused to give us exclusive worldwide distributing, even though we were going to fund the entire release. Since we knew we would not be able to compete if SNK was also selling the carts, we passed. Another dumb move on SNK's part.

After KOF2000, we went on to liquidate SNK during bankruptcy, infusing the neo geo market with 6000+ AES carts that were very close to being sent to Asia. We also were able to obtain thousands of items from SNK that were set to be tossed, and lost to history forever. Over the years (including the ARUZE time), we went to Japan 7 or 8 times for business. All the time keeping the US market alive. You can see pics of us working at the opening and closing of NGW Tokyo Bayside, as well as at the Aruze TGS booth.

There is tons more to tell, but it has all been said before in other threads years ago. The bottom line is we are responsible for keeping the English release market going long enough to bridge the gap between SNK/Aruze and Playmore and the sucker they found to fund the garbage they produced. Without us, the market would have been LONG LONG gone.

Remember, that when all this was going down, we already had 8-9 years of Neo Geo experience, while Magic card addict was still very much a newbie. It is 2006, almost 2007, so many people seem to forget what it was all about before this sewer of a board drained the Neo Geo of life.

ChrisR

werejag said:
interesting read

chrisr im a very new memeber here can you please tell me how you kept the neo going for probably 3-4 years after it was to be killed in the US market. what i gathered is you damaged more stuff than you provided and you sold freaked carts damaging the community more.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I like energy bars.

chrisr said:
When SNK shuttered the US office in 99, they contacted Dion and I about distributing games for them in the US. At that point they were just looking for someone who could handle purchasing the japanese games and distributing them to US retailers. Since we were by far the biggest names in associated with the Neo Geo, it was us they contacted. Instead of just agreeing to do this like lap dogs happy to get words with them, we only agreed after convincing them the US market still deserved English released carts. KOF2000(or ANY subsequent neo geo game) was NOT scheduled to be produced in English. After looking at the financials and deciding the market could not handle 2000(the # of carts it would have taken to sponser a "free" english release), we paid $10,000 for SNK to translate, produce, and package the 100 US KOF 2000's in Japan. Add that to the cost, pushing the cost of the game up, hence the original $500 selling price. Luckily, the game is now selling for $2000+ and the luck owners can be extra happy knowing they have the rarest US released cart ever. We were set to bring out NITD, a full release of 2000 carts, but SNK refused to give us exclusive worldwide distributing, even though we were going to fund the entire release. Since we knew we would not be able to compete if SNK was also selling the carts, we passed. Another dumb move on SNK's part.

After KOF2000, we went on to liquidate SNK during bankruptcy, infusing the neo geo market with 6000+ AES carts that were very close to being sent to Asia. We also were able to obtain thousands of items from SNK that were set to be tossed, and lost to history forever. Over the years (including the ARUZE time), we went to Japan 7 or 8 times for business. All the time keeping the US market alive. You can see pics of us working at the opening and closing of NGW Tokyo Bayside, as well as at the Aruze TGS booth.

There is tons more to tell, but it has all been said before in other threads years ago. The bottom line is we are responsible for keeping the English release market going long enough to bridge the gap between SNK/Aruze and Playmore and the sucker they found to fund the garbage they produced. Without us, the market would have been LONG LONG gone.

Remember, that when all this was going down, we already had 8-9 years of Neo Geo experience, while Magic card addict was still very much a newbie. It is 2006, almost 2007, so many people seem to forget what it was all about before this sewer of a board drained the Neo Geo of life.

ChrisR

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
chrisr said:

ChrisR

Hi Chris,

I've had nothing but good businness and good communication with you, thus I can't but say you're an honest dealer and seller.

As a die-hard European NeoGeo fan, very much into the Japanese NeoGeo scene and world, please just allow me to express my humble opinion on the whole 'NFG-issue'. This is something I never did, and I just feel now to do in front of you.

Well, it's a fact that you have been pretty much some anticipators of the 'retro-craze' of the NeoGeo. It's a fact that you were pretty much ahead your country (US) in general, and by quite a bit.

You also had the chance, and the money, to enter the businness in a very unlucky but lucky moment, the original SNK first big trouble period. And you did. And all was good for you and for everybody till then.

And then you screwed-up royally.

You seriously had your chance to stay as a serious distributor of SNK merchandise in the West, you know. And you trashed it out of some absurd boast of egotism.

You, I mean your company, were that aeger to taint the NeoGeo merchandise and world with your own name that starded altering, ruining, trashing original merchandise.

Man, of course you can do whatever you want with your stuff. I could pretty much write 'Shito r0x' on the back of the insert of all the carts in my collection, you know. But doing just the same while playing the role of an 'official distributor' is another story completely.

You were ahead, guys. You had your chance. And you ruined all the thing just by yourselfs, out of your egotism and elitist agenda. I seriously don't know what were you thinking, trying to get 'normal fans' angry shredding official insert just for fun, boasting all the time here and there about everything and still playing the mysterious ones, producing home-made coverts, inserts and stuff and yet labelling those things as official items. All that shit.

This is a very pitiful story of two guys who really had the pole position and just crushed out of the desire of boasting egos, dramas and stuff.

Just think about it. It's just a big big shame.

That being said, I still respect you as an honest seller to any extent. Seems same could not been said for mr. Dion Dakis, and I still feel all the worst of NGF came not from you, but from him. And again, I feel a great sense of pity for all this wasteful and shameful fiasco. Too bad, guys. :(

Last edited:

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
chrisr said:
Newsflash - the neo geo is dead. NGF kept the neo going for probably 3-4 years after it was to be killed in the US market. Shawn, the neostore, and most of the morons on this board are the reason the neo "scene" is such a disaster.

Hey, newsflash. :) Emulation through NeoRageX, Nebula, MAME, etc. kept the Neo scene alive. Not your dumbasses. I haven't heard of NeoGeo Freak until I started posting to this board. Yet most of the people who come around here usually get into it through ROMs and emulation these days.

BTW, are you still selling CDs packed with homoerotic energy?

Last edited:

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
chrisr

thanks for that explanation.

what is meant by:

"You, I mean your company, were that aeger to taint the NeoGeo merchandise and world with your own name that starded altering, ruining, trashing original merchandise."

and why would this be a good idea?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
taitai said:
Hey, newsflash. :) Emulation through NeoRageX, Nebula, MAME, etc. kept the Neo scene alive. Not your dumbasses. I haven't heard of NeoGeo Freak until I started posting to this board. Yet most of the people who come around here usually get into it through ROMs and emulation these days.

BTW, are you still selling CDs packed with homoerotic energy?

I agree

I don't remember members joining here at any point in time because of NGF

but because they just played Last Blade or KOF 98 on Mamerz

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
chrisr = full of shit

I've never seen a guy fapping so hard at the thought of his own greatness. Please buddy, the only thing you've kept alive these past five years is the sale of KY lubricant due to your excessive riding of Dion's cock.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
chrisr said:

ChrisR

lol, you consider this board a sewer, yet here you are in 2006 still visiting and selling your wares. If neo-geo.com is such a sewer, why not STFU and leave? You could always sell your freaked shit somewhere else, I'm sure.

Yet here you are on Shawn's turf talking shit. Pathetic.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
ki_atsushi said:
lol, you consider this board a sewer, yet here you are in 2006 still visiting and selling your wares. If neo-geo.com is such a sewer, why not STFU and leave? You could always sell your freaked shit somewhere else, I'm sure.

I loled on that one. Quoted for truth.:buttrock:

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
I wasnt really around. But after reading the thread. I would have to say that it wasnt done for ego. It was done for money. The amount of goods these guys were getting just overloaded there brain. And it inflated there ego. Especially Dion. The guy is seriously ripped and his ego probably complimented the notion.

Also I dont see any benefit in shreading the original inserts. As you could take these inserts and resell them with convo home carts. Making even more money off a limited supply of products. Then turning around and just selling the freaked ones at full price.

Overall I dont think it was ego. It was money as money is the key component in ego.

And you can be certain that more then one person got ripped off somewhere along the line.

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
chrisr said:

Newsflash - the neo geo is dead. NGF kept the neo going for probably 3-4 years after it was to be killed in the US market. Shawn, the neostore, and most of the morons on this board are the reason the neo "scene" is such a disaster.

The Neo Store was solely responsible for releasing several US and Japanese titles for the Home Console. I even bought a few of them myself. Only release I know of that NGF did is the Kof 2000, and even that release's authenticity has been questioned.

slugnoid

Another Striker
just my 2c

chrisr said:
Please tell me some nobody with a join date in 2004 is worried about "new members"?!?!

if you haven't noticed, there are new members here on a daily basis, many of whom just discovered the neo.

chrisr said:

then why the hell are you posting here?!?!?

chrisr said:
When this board finally folds, and all the moderators finally release themselves from the womb of academia, all the true neo geo fans can rejoice. We can get back to enjoying the neo. I have high hopes for the fan-scene when shawns parents run out of money and this board, and this incredibe money pit of a site cease to exist.

"Real" Neo fans??? are you really that convinced that your so much better than everyone else here?

chrisr said:
Always remember, to this day, NGF is the ONLY entity dealing in neo geo releases ever to actually turn a profit.

great!!! hows the buisness treating you now?

chrisr said:
Since we have long since ceased as an "entity", this fact will forever be unique with SNK affiliated retailers. We have not received new stock, or distributed games since our great settlement with Playmore. We are now back to being regular fans, like the rest of the mortals (well, not quite that bad). And any games Dion or I sell are just our personal items. We retain te right to sell our personal items, the same as any other lucky fan out there that was bestowed the incredible gift that is owning an NGF US district court authenticated official game.

right, and people here have the right to know about your past... let them make their own decisions.

oh does the US district court view this as authentic:
http://cgi.ebay.com/neo-geo-ZUPAPA-...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

just curious

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
ki_atsushi said:

I agree

chrisr, take this shit to the NGF forums

:lol:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
lol!

remember when Makismo was claiming that the duo was actually doing a spot of programming on some unfinished proto and then released it? lol. this is what the internet was made for.
get warped.

Last edited:

J. Max

judas,
Hey chrisr, I'd like to see you explain a few things away...

1. You and Dion shredding ORIGINAL AES inserts to make room for your own "freaked" inserts.

2. Why Playmore/SNK didn't go with you two idiots for homecart distribution after the KOF2000 debacle.

3. The fact that Playmore/SNK sued you jackasses for distributing bootleg carts and shut you down. There was an injunction against you; this is a matter of public record.

The fact is that NGF is NOT a legit seller of Neo Geo products. Since 2002, the ONLY legit seller and distributor has been Shawn and the NeoStore. This is a fact.

You also ripped off potential customers by only allowing the "Big Tymers" to buy certain products. Had SNK allowed you to remain as distributors, it is certain that you would have strangled the market with your predatory practices.

Why are you still around? You are a criminal, a thief, and a liar. Go to hell, and take Dion's scamming ass with you.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Fuck you Chris and your little ponyboy Dion. Neo lives because people like the games and the culture, not because of fucktards like you.

I don't know what looks worse. The half assed design you tried to pull off on the inserts, that total ass-coded 90's website of yours or the awful hairdos you faggots sport.

Last edited:

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
chrisr said:
Always remember, to this day, NGF is the ONLY entity dealing in neo geo releases ever to actually turn a profit.

I just noticed this nugget of gold reading other posts.

Try telling that to YATON6262, Excellentcom, or anyone else dealing with MVS carts.

chrisr said:
And any games Dion or I sell are just our personal items. We retain te right to sell our personal items, the same as any other lucky fan out there that was bestowed the incredible gift that is owning an NGF US district court authenticated official game.

Thanks,

ChrisR

So that's why you have the NEOGEO FREAK logo everywhere? So people will know it's just your personal items you're selling? That's also why you erroneously claim to be selling an official AES release of a game that simply doesn't have an official AES mode in the US?

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
It's good to see some good humor about this scamming piece of shit again. Good times.

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
I see you lurking Mr. Ray.

Please answer the questions.

They're quite simple.

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
This is one of the most common misconceptions. We never "ruined" a chance to continue to stay on top. We were on top as long as we had anything to sell. The falling out between SNK and NGF was over them trying to get us to buy like 500 pieces of JPN KOF2000 about 3 months after the games released (old stock), and us refusing knowing we would lose our ass on the game. The fact of dealing with a Japanese company is you pretty much have to take the good with the bad - and SNK has a VERY VERY long history of sticking it to distributors - just look at what Playmore has done to shawn. We are business men, and know a when a deal is going to fail. Purchasing 500 copies of a game that was not selling in JPN form very well would have been a huge mistake. We already had done the KOF2000 US deal, and liquidated everything they had, why would we ruin it by taking a bath on carts we could not sell.

All this time shawn was basically screaming "bend me over" and willing to throw money in the toilet to get with Playmore. We were more than happy to have someone "take over" as there was nothing but failure and red ink left.

There is no regret. We sold every bit of stock we had, and NGF carts are actually highly desired outside of the people that frequent this board. There is a certain pedigree that comes with an NGF corrected cart. One that will always be popular with many people.

Thanks,

ChrisR

Shito said:
Hi Chris,

I've had nothing but good businness and good communication with you, thus I can't but say you're an honest dealer and seller.

As a die-hard European NeoGeo fan, very much into the Japanese NeoGeo scene and world, please just allow me to express my humble opinion on the whole 'NFG-issue'. This is something I never did, and I just feel now to do in front of you.

Well, it's a fact that you have been pretty much some anticipators of the 'retro-craze' of the NeoGeo. It's a fact that you were pretty much ahead your country (US) in general, and by quite a bit.

You also had the chance, and the money, to enter the businness in a very unlucky but lucky moment, the original SNK first big trouble period. And you did. And all was good for you and for everybody till then.

And then you screwed-up royally.

You seriously had your chance to stay as a serious distributor of SNK merchandise in the West, you know. And you trashed it out of some absurd boast of egotism.

You, I mean your company, were that aeger to taint the NeoGeo merchandise and world with your own name that starded altering, ruining, trashing original merchandise.

Man, of course you can do whatever you want with your stuff. I could pretty much write 'Shito r0x' on the back of the insert of all the carts in my collection, you know. But doing just the same while playing the role of an 'official distributor' is another story completely.

You were ahead, guys. You had your chance. And you ruined all the thing just by yourselfs, out of your egotism and elitist agenda. I seriously don't know what were you thinking, trying to get 'normal fans' angry shredding official insert just for fun, boasting all the time here and there about everything and still playing the mysterious ones, producing home-made coverts, inserts and stuff and yet labelling those things as official items. All that shit.

This is a very pitiful story of two guys who really had the pole position and just crushed out of the desire of boasting egos, dramas and stuff.

Just think about it. It's just a big big shame.

That being said, I still respect you as an honest seller to any extent. Seems same could not been said for mr. Dion Dakis, and I still feel all the worst of NGF came not from you, but from him. And again, I feel a great sense of pity for all this wasteful and shameful fiasco. Too bad, guys. :(

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
taitai said:
I see you lurking Mr. Ray.

Please answer the questions.

They're quite simple.

Not just lurking, replying for 9 minutes now:

Last Activity: Today 02:01 AM
Replying to Thread BEWARE: NGF is selling on eBay again. @ 02:01 AM

This should be entertaining for all of us :)