1 credit cleared battle garegga !!

J

jpj

admittedly, i lost the medals at the start of stage 6 and from there on just played for survival. i've been watching the dvd a lot, but before this week, i'd never even *reached* stage 6. i cannot believe i cleared it!! we're going through a bit of a heatwave in the UK at the moment, so i'm finding it impossible to sleep. all scores this week were made at about 2-3am :D

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/8990/imag0009cu9.jpg

god bless sleep-deprivation.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
I HATE you. Seriously. It's been 1 year since I try to 1cc it. I've finished every credit stage 6 for 2 months now and I can't go through it. I simply can't.

Nice score. You achieved what is my deepest dream.

I'm really sad, I mean Really.:crying:

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Ha ha, I almost never played with Gain and decided to change a bit -I'm sooooo used to play with Golden Bat-. Raizing (:kekeke: ) the score with this ship is quite hard as his bomb is rather quick. I'll give it another try though, seems funny to play with him. Finished at 1,7M double-:kekeke:

Damn I love this game so much I could sell my soul to keep playint at it.

TWE

Zero's Secretary
Nice job. But I see all your scores are in ED (Edit). Try 1CCing it on Arcade difficulty and defaults (AC). :D

bwodie

Another Striker
good now sell it to me cheap
it didnt do much for me on mame but i know it would KICKARSE on my exceleena

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
did you use the red baron (I think that's the name)

I used to use that ship all the time, but I found it hard to get extends with it

maybe I was doing something wrong

:confused:

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
califoreigner said:
pm sent.. Muahahaha

Simply LOL. :lolz:

Roker, it's the "Flying baron" ;). And admittedly, Wild Snail will allow you to some numerous extends, every player does better with this ship, play with it to improve your score. I always play with Golden Bat (A+B+C).

J

jpj

TWE said:
Nice job. But I see all your scores are in ED (Edit). Try 1CCing it on Arcade difficulty and defaults (AC). :D

i think this is because i've changed the language on the options to english and put secret ships on (is it possible to use the secret code in saturn version???), as i use Gain.

if you haven't seen the dvd, basically gain has probably the best ability to milk points from the pink birds at the start of stage 2. usually by this point i will have suicided once, have score of just under 2 mill, and medals up to 10,000 before the boss. on the dvd, wiz suicides 3-4 times, and has his score up in the 3 mill:eek_2: )

i have to admit, i find it impossible with any other ship now, i'm just too used to using Gain to change. the only thing i would say is a bit of a negative, is that it's very fast, and a bit twitchy. you can often have a medal breeze past you when the rank is quite high, just down to how fast it can shift across the screen.

also, i use an official virtua stick (similar to the DC stick). here's a pic of the remakes on ps2:

http://www.consolesandgadgets.co.uk/catalog/sega-saturn-virtua-stick-sega-playstation-p-1933.html

(the saturn one looks much more retro, though! now that's a genuine weapon of mass destruction!)

seriously. buy the dvd.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
jpj said:
i think this is because i've changed the language on the options to english and put secret ships on (is it possible to use the secret code in saturn version???), as i use Gain.

Yes, all my scores are ED-marked whereas I haven't selected the stages. It's only due to the secret menu.

if you haven't seen the dvd, basically gain has probably the best ability to milk points from the pink birds at the start of stage 2. usually by this point i will have suicided once, have score of just under 2 mill, and medals up to 10,000 before the boss. on the dvd, wiz suicides 3-4 times, and has his score up in the 3 mill:eek_2: )

Exactly the same here. I seriously need to buy the dvd or watch some superplays...

TWE

Zero's Secretary
jpj said:

Yeah, when you use the English menu it automatically makes it ED. Stupid! It has nothing to do with the secret characters though. I use the secret characters option on and play with all defaults on the JP menus, and my scores are in the AC (Arcade) ranking. I usually play as Miyamoto.

seriously. buy the dvd.

Sure, if you're a hardcore fan of the game. But you can learn just as much watching WIZ's 19 million run w/Gain which is freely downloadable from www.super-play.co.uk .;)

J

jpj

i love super-play. but the dvd is worth the purchase. i don't have a PC at home, so net videos are not much use to me. plus, you get the music cd, which is ace.