Join me on Urban Dead

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Orochi_invisibleink said:
now i have all the zombie skills so there isnt really anything to motivate me to play this game anymore. my new favorite thing to do is break down doors to buildings and pull dying people out but it seems im the ONLY zombie who does this and i have to waste like all 50 of my action points to break a door down only to have it rebuilt in 5 seconds by the faggot humans. if i could get one or 2 other zombies in on the door-breaking then itd be a lot better but of course zombies cant communicate with other zombies which i never cared about before but now its gay.
gay
gay
gay

You expect too much out of this low-tech game. I find it rather interesting to work around the limitations of action points, one must try to squeeze out the maximum efficiency with the fewest possible action points, whether it be stockpiling, broadcasting, hunting, free running, networking, so on and so forth. One could work out the probabilities on a piece of paper in figuring out how to perform the most number of actions, how often to log in, and still have enough action points in reserve for emergencies. My guess is working that login/action points in reserve ratio is key. Log off too long, and a mob may descend upon your hideout before you realize it. Log on too often without putting action points to good use squanders the action point cycling.

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
i guess my main complaint is i pretty much have no will to go on because theres nothing to work towards. i have all my upgrades. ive killed many people. so what else is there to do. i break in buildings and stuff but 99% of the time nobody is in there to kill or drag onto the street.

not to mention that even though i am fully upgraded my attacks still miss most of the time :yawn:

bokmeow

Orochi_invisibleink said:
i guess my main complaint is i pretty much have no will to go on because theres nothing to work towards. i have all my upgrades. ive killed many people. so what else is there to do. i break in buildings and stuff but 99% of the time nobody is in there to kill or drag onto the street.

not to mention that even though i am fully upgraded my attacks still miss most of the time :yawn:

Zombie Hordes seem a lot more coordinated than human resistance from what I've gathered so far, despite the lower 50% hit rate. I was holed up in Shearbank's Stickling Mall, mind you, it still had 150+ survivor in each square, even 240+ in the corner I was in, today I log in, and I'm dead, the mall's been run over. It isn't about hit rate. Zombies and humans are mostly even odds because the generators are not hard to destroy --- in fact, generators are weak as hell, only as strong as 1 barricade --- and fuel runs out. If there are no buildings that one can free run to, maintain a barricade, and prevent hordes from starving your supplies, survivor resistance can quickly erode. There's just way too many pieces of the puzzles that humans need to stay alive, whereas all zombies have to do is attack.

Survivors need:
Generator
Fuel cans
Radio Transmitter (Not essential but good to call for backup)
Pistols and Shotguns
First-Aid Kits

Zombies need:
Brains

I would almost say Zombies have a slight advantage. Survivors need to search for ammunition in order to get the 65% hit percentage, otherwise it's 40% hit rate for the fireaxe at 3 damage. Zombies always have a 50% hit rate at 3 damage, tangling grasp increases that percentage to 60% I believe, and infected bites is 30% hit rate, a percentage that increases to 40% if you manage to tangle grasp the victim.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm @ qualelsbank (25,2) in a cemetary thats supposedly a revive point but have been killed by other zeds. Same thing has happened to me at 2 other revive points. Is PKing becoming the norm in this game?

bokmeow

GregN. said:
I'm @ qualelsbank (25,2) in a cemetary thats supposedly a revive point but have been killed by other zeds. Same thing has happened to me at 2 other revive points. Is PKing becoming the norm in this game?

I think the free for all has always been present, it's very anarchic, Urban Dead is. I play a pretty fooked up zombie when I die too, I only attack zombies. I'll venture deep into that area, I could use a change of scenery, I think what's happened is, a lot of people who hole up in malls become complacent, thinking that there is strength in numbers, when in fact numbers don't equate any degree of security, security is more contingent upon active logins.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Finally got free running and am holed up in my first mall (isn't free running the only way to get into some buildings?). Almost exausted AP, so didn't have enough to search for stuff. I have shopping. SHouldn't that make it easier to find suppilies?

I've gotta say free running is a great skill. Makes you much more safer because you can go practically anywhere.

jp.

Angel's Love Slave
I'm currently held up in Craiger's Mall.

I'm maxed out as a human. I have a mobile phone, radio transmitter, and a GPS system. :buttrock:

Now I'm just working on maxing out my zombie sans brain rot.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
15 xp away from next skill. What do you guys suggest as the next thing to lvl up? I only have free running. Should I skill up construction or greater hit % with firearms? I'm in some kind of necrotech building. Co-ordinates were 73, 48 ? There's like 12 of us there with one zombie inside and nobody has been attacking it.

Do zombies do more damage to ppl or barracades at later levels?

Where do you find gas for generators? Auto parts store? Where do you find generators?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Have been looking for generators and fuel in factories and setting them up where they need to go. Got the first firearms skill but haven't had the chance to use it yet.

Anybody else playing? Give us an update on what where you're at.

I'm enjoying this even more than ever.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Overnight it seems like zombies have overrun the city. I'm standing at a building with 73 zombies and survivors are managing to keep the building baracaded. Everywhere you turn, there's zombies, with no humans in sight.