Join me on Urban Dead

jp.

Angel's Love Slave
Orochi_invisibleink said:
is there anyway to stop people from reviving me when im a zombie?

Get the skill "Brain Rot". I believe it costs 100XP. So I'd suggest going human, unload some shotguns into some zombies, and then staying outside so you can get killed, and viola! Buy Brain Rot. No more healing if you don't want it.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
jp. said:
Get the skill "Brain Rot". I believe it costs 100XP. So I'd suggest going human, unload some shotguns into some zombies, and then staying outside so you can get killed, and viola! Buy Brain Rot. No more healing if you don't want it.

I wouldn't advice getting Brain Rot unless you are absolutely certain that you want to make it extra extra difficult to get back alive as humans. Brain Rot zombies can no longer be revived except when in a powered Necrotech building, so it basically makes you a zombie killer target. If you stick with hordes, the chances are no one will be combat reviving anyways, 'cos there are too many zombies to deal with.

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
except for the initial bullets they gave me when i started i was unable to find any items so i gave up and became zombie and i like it better

jp.

Angel's Love Slave
bokmeow said:
I wouldn't advice getting Brain Rot unless you are absolutely certain that you want to make it extra extra difficult to get back alive as humans. Brain Rot zombies can no longer be revived except when in a powered Necrotech building, so it basically makes you a zombie killer target. If you stick with hordes, the chances are no one will be combat reviving anyways, 'cos there are too many zombies to deal with.

Thats about what he said he wanted. But yeah, I guess it would be annoying if he ever wanted to go back to being a human.

Ugh, I'm 10XP away from bringing my shotgun accuracy up to 55%. Then I should start leveling like a mofo!

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
my hand attacks are now up to 50% as a zombie. however there are still times when i miss like 8 in a row which is extremely annoying

bokmeow

jp. said:
Thats about what he said he wanted. But yeah, I guess it would be annoying if he ever wanted to go back to being a human.

Ugh, I'm 10XP away from bringing my shotgun accuracy up to 55%. Then I should start leveling like a mofo!

Where do you want to go? I was hanging out at Doveton Tower for a bit, but it looks like that suburb had been pretty much cleared of hordes. I think I'm going to go look for a challenge by approaching some of the suburbs with red level. What's the threat level in your area of the suburbs?

jp.

Angel's Love Slave
Godammit, I forgot to look at where I am. There are hardly any zombies where I'm at right now. And I just loaded up on some pistol clips!!!!! I might level up two more times before heading out to fight (then I'll have 65% aim with my pistol AND shotgun, wooooo!)

jp.

Angel's Love Slave
I'm over at Crowbank. Virtually no zombies. Right now I'm stocking up on a bajillion pistol clips. :buttrock: I'm about to go to war!

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
im about to level up again, not sure what skill i should get this time im thinking one of the following:

Memories of Life (Zombie is able to open doors to buildings.)

Tangling Grasp (If the zombie hits with hands, its further attacks on that victim are at +10% to base attack until it loses its grip.)

Scent Fear (Survivors with less than 25HP are shown as 'wounded', less than 13HP are 'dying'. Both are asterisked on the map.)

any suggestions? if i get the first one would i be able to bust into a building and start attacking or would i have to also have the skill to allow me to drag them into the street?

jp.

Angel's Love Slave
I'd say get the one that lets you grab on to them for an extra 10%. That way you can get XP faster via landing more hits.

Hey bokmeow, I got killed again. >_< I got trapped outside of a police station... fuckers have EVERYTHING barricaded in this sector. I'm at Peppardville Police Station. Think you could lend a hand? :D

bokmeow

Orochi_invisibleink said:
im about to level up again, not sure what skill i should get this time im thinking one of the following:

Memories of Life (Zombie is able to open doors to buildings.)

Tangling Grasp (If the zombie hits with hands, its further attacks on that victim are at +10% to base attack until it loses its grip.)

Scent Fear (Survivors with less than 25HP are shown as 'wounded', less than 13HP are 'dying'. Both are asterisked on the map.)

any suggestions? if i get the first one would i be able to bust into a building and start attacking or would i have to also have the skill to allow me to drag them into the street?

I would say Tangling Grasp too. When you're with a horde, which is more often the rule than the exception, it's more likely than not that you'll be focused on breaking down barricades, and someone else will open the door.

bokmeow

jp. said:
I'd say get the one that lets you grab on to them for an extra 10%. That way you can get XP faster via landing more hits.

Hey bokmeow, I got killed again. >_< I got trapped outside of a police station... fuckers have EVERYTHING barricaded in this sector. I'm at Peppardville Police Station. Think you could lend a hand? :D

Damn, it only seemed like yesterday you were in Crowbank. You're at Peppardville now? Which police station in Peppardville? in any case, I'm making my way over there.

Fook, I just stepped into Peppardville, this town is knee deep in zeds. I brought 6 loaded shotguns, a few syringes, and 7 loaded pistols, I hope this is enough.

Last edited:

jp.

Angel's Love Slave
I have -4 AP... so... I'll let you know in 2 hours. >_<

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I just started playing. Holed up in the Meatyard building as a consumer. Got a mobile phone and a necrotech syringe. http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=676757

I'm around the rosser museum, the DOwns building, a carpark, the argile arms, the hanne arms, a junkyard, wasteland, and an auto repair shop.

And tips for new players?

Last edited:

jp.

Angel's Love Slave
Tips:

Search buildings. Most importantly, search Police Stations and Hospitals. Get stocked up before roaming out. And when you're low level (below level 10), stay in areas that aren't smothered in the undead. Just try to kill a zombie a day once you're stocked up, and you'll start leveling up decently. Also, if you have excessive first aid kits, use them on other people! This gives you XP as well!

I assume using a syringe to turn someone human also gives oodles of XP.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I got stranded and ran out of action points and have been attacked by zombies and am now infected. Before long, I'll be joining the ranks of the undead I'm afraid.

bokmeow

jp. said:
Hey bokmeow, I'm outside of Club Noake.

The Club Noake in Edgecombe? I went over there and didn't see you outside, or inside. Wrong suburb then? Man I hate buildings with the same name.

GregN, I see you, you're in Pegton yeah? Advice for the consumers, it's one of the more realistic classes to start with, but it has no initial skill that provides a steady XP income, unlike scientists with their DNA extractor or the military with their basic arms training. On the other hand, all skills cost 100 XP for civilians, whereas I had to pay 150 XP for military skills :emb: oh the pain. I would recommend getting hand-to-hand combat to begin with, then axe proficiency for the fireaxe, though I hear knife proficiency has 10% extra chance of landing a hit now, despite its lower damage per attack, but because you never run out of bullets, no need to go stocking up on shotguns and pistols. If you're more of an action hero type, go ahead and get the basic arms training, and maybe the basic first aid to get more use out of your first-aid kits (FAKs), but that's the great thing about FAKs, you don't need to have a skill in order to heal. Consumers comes with the shopping skill, which is totally fantastic in a mall, as it allows you to loot certain stores... once you get bargain hunting then it's gonna be totally awesome --- even better in a mall that has a running power source.

Last edited:

jp.

Angel's Love Slave
I'm now at St. Lorenzo's Church at Crowbank. Had to run away, zombies and people were killin' my ass.

bokmeow

jp. said:
I'm now at St. Lorenzo's Church at Crowbank. Had to run away, zombies and people were killin' my ass.

Doh. Why did I come to Peppardville again? :emb: In any case, it'll have to wait for tomorrow. If you move from your square, keep me updated on the coordinates --- if you don't have a GPS system, take it from the map of the suburbs, it's in brackets like this [ ] and numbers separated by a comma. That's the best way for me to pinpoint you. Right now you are at [74, 62]
http://www.visitmalton.info/index.php?suburb=68

GregN, give me your coordinates likewise, here's the map to Pegton:
http://www.visitmalton.info/index.php?suburb=59

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm @ St. Alban's Hospital (96,46). There are like 4 other zombies there with me.