Join me on Urban Dead

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
jp. said:
I'm on your contacts list. Or rather, you're on mine at least.

Click on your name, and then post the link that's in your web browser. That'll allow you to show up immediately if I happen upon you, it'll say 'you recognize jp.,' even amongst a horde of zombies.

UPDATE: I got to Wray Heights now. Holed up in a police station at the moment. If I survive the dawn, I'll head over to where you be, orochi_invisibleink, just tell me what landmarks you are around, or what square you are in at the moment.

Last edited:

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
im outside of the chard building

dang if i had known i could be turned back into a person i wouldnt have wasted my precious EXP on a zombie skill. that sucks

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
now that i think about it i dont know if i want to change back. it was waaaaaay too much of a hassle to look for bullets

bokmeow

Orochi_invisibleink said:
now that i think about it i dont know if i want to change back. it was waaaaaay too much of a hassle to look for bullets

That's koll, I still like my original idea of having a human/zombie tag team. As soon as we find jp. we can be a trio.

Damn, you're in Hollomstown now? And don't despair about having zombie skills, I personally am in dire need of some lurching gait or ankle grab, I might stockpile some exp in the event that I turn into the undead. Ankle grab is a useful skill for both the dead and the living, it allows one to stand back up by spending only 1 exp instead of the usual 10 exp (ouch).

Update: I made my way to East Grayside now. Looks like the resistance is not coordinated here, there's small patches here and there, no mall, hard to free run from building to building.

Last edited:

jp.

Angel's Love Slave
Alright, I'll start heading for Scarletwood tomorrow when my action points are refilled. :)

bokmeow

whats the best way for me to gain exp? just do my 35% damage attack over and over?

As zombies your option for gaining experience is kind of limited. You just attack the living. Attacking generators yield zero points, likewise, zero exp for attacking barricades. Being among the living gives you a lot more flexibility to do stuff. Being among the undead pretty much limits you to joining the hordes.

Update: Sorry to have revived you Orochi_invisibleink. I'm right now in The Appleby Building in Danversbank, that's 1 square to your right and 2 squares below. I have the construction skill so I've managed to barricade the building up to quite strongly at the moment, which can be entered by anyone without free running. When you wake up, come into that building when you want to sleep, and we could stand a pretty good chance of living to see the dawn. Then we should go around searching for supplies, seeking out survivors, and meeting up with pzykotikjp.

Last edited:

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
crap i went and did stuff before i saw this post and had like brain rot or something where i lost health whenever i used action points and died way away from where i originally was lol

ill try to get back to where you are

jp.

Angel's Love Slave
I'm in Pennville now... though I'm not sure where... :annoyed:

bokmeow

crap i went and did stuff before i saw this post and had like brain rot or something where i lost health whenever i used action points and died way away from where i originally was lol

ill try to get back to where you are

Ohhhhh... the zombie that attacked you before must have had the infection skill. When infected, you lose 1 point of HP for every action, except for speaking, that you perform. Where are you at now man? Clue me in.

jp. said:
I'm in Pennville now... though I'm not sure where...

Pennville is one suburb to the right of Scarletwood. If you let me know which square you are in then I'll come right over.

Last edited:

bokmeow

jp. said:
I'm at Bland Auto Repair in Scarletwood.

Cool, I'm in Scarletwood now, I should be at Bland Auto Repair tomorrow, hang in there, there's some sizeable pockets of resistances in this suburb, after you're revived we'll focus on banding together and stockpiling supplies. There's strength in numbers.

jp.

Angel's Love Slave
So... how do we keep track of where each other has gone? I'm assuming will be using our action points at different points in the day...

bokmeow

jp. said:
So... how do we keep track of where each other has gone? I'm assuming will be using our action points at different points in the day...

In game there are some items that allow people far away to keep in touch with others, such as the mobile phone and the radio. These both require radio transmitters. I'm trying to cobble together a radio transmitter, but right now the % chance of finding one apparently is a partial unknown.

I might be taking an extra day to get to where you are by the way :emb: I was with 8 survivors when I went to sleep, but a zombie horde sought out our police department --- the coward pussies bolted, leaving me to fend for myself. So I'm gonna maybe try getting lurching gait before I get a revivification, I only need about 15 more EXP.

bokmeow

im in milltown at st francis hospital now, where do you want me to go to come towards you?

Come around to either Scarletwood or Pennville. The zombie hordes are smaller there, thus deemed to be in better security condition than the bottom right 3 suburbs.

Update: I'm at Methringham Bank in Scarletwood right now, only one square below Bland Auto Repair, jp., you still in that square?

Last edited:

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
ok i burned all my AP getting to where yall are. im in scarletwood in right beside the tompson building

bokmeow

ok i burned all my AP getting to where yall are. im in scarletwood in right beside the tompson building

Head over 7 squares to your left to stop at the cemetary. That is purportedly the designated revive point in Scarletwood. pzykotikjp and I will be heading there, 1 square below and 5 squares to my left. I'm probably gonna take out a few zombies while I'm at it in order to get the lurching gait skill :emb:

bokmeow

l im currently in the cemetary with 29 AP

I see you got the revivification, good times. I just got revived too. Let's band and seek out the pockets of resistance wherever you be. Definitely think we should head for a mall somewhere, preferably one that's well defended. A police station that's close to a hospital is good too.

Last edited:

bokmeow

I've scoped out Gulsonside and Osmondville, there appears to be a four block Blesley Mall that is actively being retaken, and it is in the close vicinity of hospitals in Gulsonside, Police Departments in Osmondville. This seems like a good place to head off to. I'm waiting to recover my full 50 action points, right now I'm at 45, should take me another 2 and 1/2 hours to recover it all, so that it'll make the 10 AP to stand up hurt less, and allow me to restock once I get to the mall. Recommend you acquire Free Running as soon as possible, as Gulsonside is a suburb that frequently runs into overbarricading problems.

Entry point is St. Holy's Church. This is the link for the current events on Blesley Mall:
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Blesley_Mall

Where are you at the moment, pzykotikjp?

Shopping is also a good skill to acquire, as it makes malls a great place to stock up on supplies --- the odds of finding ammunition, first-aid-kits, and guns are greatly improved when one is given the option of looting particular stores.

Last edited: