Join me on Urban Dead

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
It's a ultra low-tech MMORPG of sorts. Unlike traditional RPGs, you get only a maximum of 50 action points that are used up, and restored at the rate of 1 action point per half hour. This prevents power gaming or money/item farming and gives everyone pretty much equal footing, and if you think about it, works out pretty good for a zombie survival game.

www.urbandead.com

If you join, let me know your handle and class so that I may build a contact list. I go by bokmeow, I started with the Necrotech Scientist class, and right now I'm holed up in Caiger Mall in Chudleytown/Darvall Heights fending off a zombie siege with a bunch of survivors.

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
i signed up and have beein giving it a shot the past 3 days but after the initial 18 bullets i got i have since wasted over 100 action points mindlessly wandering around looking for more bullets!! where the crap can i get more. every police station is barricaded so i cant get in. this game sucks!

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
ok im retarded because i kept trying to play this game but i wasted again like 40 action points trying to kill someone and only hit them like 3 times out of the 40! it said i was supposed to hit 25% of the time.

i repeat THIS GAME SUCKS

bokmeow

What's your handle? I'll try to make my way over to where you are in order to give you a hand, we gotta stick together, usually a location with 'strongly' barricaded can be entered by people without free running, lately that's been a strategy for survivors to barricade against zombie hordes, so it's hard to find buildings to get into. Usually hospitals and police stations will not be barricaded. You have to conserve action points, move around while following the map of suburbs to maximize efficiency.

games like this take time, alot of time,
try playing "dead awaken" ive been there a few months now and only a level2.
but im almost invincible, all ive done is up my stat and skill points.

these kind of games sort of make you earn your stats, you just cant go around killing zombies and think that a higher level makes you better. it takes months to get stronger.
just google dead awaken , and check it out, its pretty cool.
thanks
jeni

oh and if you sign up use this
http://www.deadawaken.com/signup.php?refId=24699

Last edited:

bokmeow

Yeah, the action point limitation puts a premium on network building and plays more like a blend of strategy + dungeon hack 'n slash. The game moves at a pace that I'm comfortable with and I just like zombies :D

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
i just dont understand whats the fun in barricading yourself into a building? where nobody can get in enemy or friend? doesnt make sense to me and it seemed about every building i tried to enter was barricaded until i finally gave up and went in some random building alone and when i came back i was a zombie. anyways my handle is Demented Spark

bokmeow

Orochi_invisibleink said:
i just dont understand whats the fun in barricading yourself into a building? where nobody can get in enemy or friend? doesnt make sense to me and it seemed about every building i tried to enter was barricaded until i finally gave up and went in some random building alone and when i came back i was a zombie. anyways my handle is Demented Spark

Nah, there's lots to do, I think it's a bit harder for some classes like starting out as a civilian, since there isn't a steady source of xp unlike for Necrotech scientists like I or the firefighter who starts off immediately with a fireaxe proficiency --- that's huge, 'cos it normally requires 150 xp even for a military personnel, that's 2 levels of advantage right there. If you think about it, in a real world situation facing down zombies, you hole up in buildings and build strength in numbers until you can face down nigh invincible zombies. Think Night of the Living Dead or Dawn of the Dead.

Suggestion is to seek out survivors. Which town are you in right now, and what's the name of the square you are currently occupying? I have some revivifcation needles, will come by to revive you when I get enough action points.

Last edited:

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
i mean like if you are holed up in a building its not like theres much you can do, and on the other side of the coin if you are locked out of a building like me you are just screwed

bokmeow

i mean like if you are holed up in a building its not like theres much you can do, and on the other side of the coin if you are locked out of a building like me you are just screwed

The time spent in the game largely is divided into 3 parts: surviving, stockpiling, and retaliating. There's zero NPCs in the game, so the backstory of the game is filled in by you, the PCs. I imagine at some point the books and the newspapers will do more in fleshing out official backstory. Just try to stay alive. Let me know which town you are in and in what square and I'll join you.

jp.

Angel's Love Slave
My name is pzykotikjp on there. I'm currently barricaded in some warehouse (across from the police department I think).

Game seems pretty cool.

jp.

Angel's Love Slave
I added you.

Still trying to get the hang of the game. Right now I'm just looking around for some more ammo or something, and then barricading myself inside buildings when my points hit 10.

zer0hue

Angel's Love Slave
No. I’ve been playing this game off-and-on since it first premiered and at a certain point it just becomes meaningless. Sure, for the first couple weeks as you level-up it’s pretty fun, even engrossing at times. But once you reach that magic plateau of useful skillz and human/zombie killing becomes a breeze, there’s little reason to continue playing.

The fact is, while the guy who runs it does an adequate job for a free MMORPG (zombie themed, no less), crucial updates have halted to a standstill for almost half a year. Read the Suggestion Wiki. There are literally thousands of amazing ideas that would take very little time and effort to implement. Things that would dramatically improve the gameplay experience are either ignored or postponed in favor of superficial updates that should have been implemented months ago.

And really, it’s not like this is some graphically thrilling feast for the senses. Hell, it doesn’t even have a decent front-end unless you download one. Yet another case of fans doing something the creator should have done (probably from the beginning), and likely better. My point being that a minimum amount of work would make this game infinitely more enjoyable, and that just hasn’t happened yet. Until it does, my five minutes a day are best wasted elsewhere.

Asterisk>> I pray to God that Examinus lights a fire under Kevan Davis’ creative ass...

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
im currently a zombie and i have been attacking random other zombies just to get EXP so i could buy some new skills and i just bought some skills for my zombie so i think i want to stay zombie (it seems easier to do stuff)

so i dont know if you as a human want to (or are able to) work with a zombie

bokmeow

im currently a zombie and i have been attacking random other zombies just to get EXP so i could buy some new skills and i just bought some skills for my zombie so i think i want to stay zombie (it seems easier to do stuff)

so i dont know if you as a human want to (or are able to) work with a zombie

When zombies attack zombies, you get half the amount exp you would otherwise get from attacking the other side. But it's cool, I think it makes for an interesting role playing scenario don't you think? Japanese anime has lots of scenarios like that. Think about Hellsing, the vampire who works with the Hellsing family to take out the other vampiric detritus.

Post your profile and I'll add you.

bokmeow

zer0hue said:
And really, it’s not like this is some graphically thrilling feast for the senses. Hell, it doesn’t even have a decent front-end unless you download one. Yet another case of fans doing something the creator should have done (probably from the beginning), and likely better. My point being that a minimum amount of work would make this game infinitely more enjoyable, and that just hasn’t happened yet. Until it does, my five minutes a day are best wasted elsewhere.

Asterisk>> I pray to God that Examinus lights a fire under Kevan Davis’ creative ass...

From the perspective of a website designer, I can understand why there were never any graphical implementations, it's probably a means to keeping the pages loading speedily and reducing the bandwidth of the host server. It does look koll though.

bokmeow

wray heights (i think??)

hey what does it mean when someone takes a dna extraction from me?

It means you will show up on the Necrotech network, so that if one wishes to go back and locate said zombie, it can be traced. Right now its implementation is kind of strange, I mean, the zombies don't show up as names on the network, all it shows is a map and a number, I don't quite see the value of such a display, but it is the Necrotech scientist's way of gaining a steady supply of exp, each tagged zombie is 4 exp for the scientist. Brain rotted zombies cannot be DNA extracted easily, and normally only dedicated zombies will get that skill, so don't get Brain Rot by accident, or you will be an open target for zombie hunters.

bokmeow

wray heights (i think??)

You're about 2 suburbs away from me, right now I'm in Stanbury Village, I'll make my way over to Wray Heights, it could take maybe 2 days though 'cos I don't have my full amount of action points at the moment :(

Last edited:

jp.

Angel's Love Slave
I got killed. Apparently I didn't enter the building I thought I entered. And thus got eaten out on the street.

Shitty. My interest in this game just decreased significantly. I don't feel like being a damn zombie.

bokmeow

jp. said:
I got killed. Apparently I didn't enter the building I thought I entered. And thus got eaten out on the street.

Shitty. My interest in this game just decreased significantly. I don't feel like being a damn zombie.

What's your name on Urban Dead, what's your starting class, and which suburb are you in now? I have plenty of revivication needles, I can get you up and running tomorrow probably if you aren't too far from me. Right now I'm in Tollyton, making my way over to Wray Heights where Orochi_invisibleink is.

jp.

Angel's Love Slave
I'm on your contacts list. Or rather, you're on mine at least.