From the "Not surprising" file: 'N Sync member outs himself

aria

Former Moderator
Good for him, I have zero problem with a person being gay; but given all the hatred and innuendo for these boy bands, it certainly was amusing to see one actually be gay.

Honestly, I don't know the difference between backstreet boys, nsync, 98 degrees and that generation's New Kids on the Block (oddly enough, as I recall it was the year following mine in college that had people into it --coincidently, my coworker who is one year younger than me like Backstreet Boys --LOL)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060726/ap_en_ot/people_lance_bass
Lance Bass of `N Sync reveals he's gay]
capt.86a05ed6eb7b4ed691c5ef9f5e53857e.people_lance_bass_ny117.jpg

Lance Bass, band member of 'N Sync, says he's gay and in a "very stable" relationship with a reality show star. Bass, who formed 'N Sync with Justin Timberlake, JC Chasez, Joey Fatone and Chris Kirkpatrick, tells People magazine that he didn't earlier disclose his sexuality because he didn't want to affect the group's popularity.

"I knew that I was in this popular band and I had four other guys' careers in my hand, and I knew that if I ever acted on it or even said (that I was gay), it would overpower everything," he tells the magazine.

'N Sync is known for a string of hits including "Bye Bye Bye" and "It's Gonna Be Me." The band went on hiatus in 2002. Bass has also found headlines for undertaking astronaut training and failing to raise money for a trip into space.

Bass says he wondered if his coming out could prompt "the end of 'N Sync." He explains, "So I had that weight on me of like, `Wow, if I ever let anyone know, it's bad.' So I just never did."

The singer says he's in a "very stable" relationship with 32-year-old actor Reichen Lehmkuhl, winner of season four of CBS' "Amazing Race."

Bass and Fatone, 29, are developing a sitcom pilot inspired by the screwball comedy "The Odd Couple," in which his character will be gay.

"The thing is, I'm not ashamed — that's the one thing I went to say," Bass says. "I don't think it's wrong, I'm not devastated going through this. I'm more liberated and happy than I've been my whole life. I'm just happy."

C'mon Ricky Martin...

aria

Former Moderator
I just realize he was thisclose to being the first gay astronaut.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
hmm, I thought he killed himself by the topic description

why does anybody care about nsync, and how does he make cash nowadays?

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
Kudos to him for being comfortable enough in his skin to come out to the world.

aria

Former Moderator
kernow said:
hmm, I thought he killed himself by the topic description

No, that's offs himself. C'mon now... you guys invented this language.

Nash

Fu'un-Ken Master
It would have been surprising had it turned out that Lance wasn't gay.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
I just realize he was thisclose to being the first gay astronaut.

hahaha, i always knew this guy was gay.

now watching his movie "on the line" will be even more comical, as he is obsessed over this girl he's in love with in it.

but if i remember, he was very christian and church boy-ish when nsync was out. i wonder what his family and church thinks....

Nash

Fu'un-Ken Master
DashK said:
but if i remember, he was very christian and church boy-ish when nsync was out. i wonder what his family and church thinks....

That he's going straight to hell. :multi_co:

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
Not surprising, but good for him.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
it was always blatantly apparent. the back street boys latin guy is as gay as they come too. it's not like they hide it very well. which is ok because why should they? maybe ambiguity is a better option for them and their record label?
anyway 1 in every boy band is probably gay by default - this is not the first time this happens.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I know Justin is not gay, but I swear, he is Bi. We just now need Lance's confirmation.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
capt.86a05ed6eb7b4ed691c5ef9f5e53857e.people_lance_bass_ny117.jpg

Heh, he's sporting a Radio Shack sweater. Now that's really fucking gay.

melchia

Franco's Trainer
As has already been said, he is clearly going straight to hell! I shall pray for his soul...You begin to wonder what kind of society we live in when people can be open about their sexuality. Even though it doesn't harm anyone else, this is clearly to the detriment of society! :p

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Lastblade said:
I know Justin is not gay, but I swear, he is Bi. We just now need Lance's confirmation.
Didn't Justin go on record about his various sexual experiences with Britney Spears? He really needs to go on Howard Stern and let loose like Wilmer Valderama did.

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
This is FANTASTIC news.
Lance Bass said:
"I knew that I was in this popular band and I had four other guys' careers in my hand, and I knew that if I ever acted on it or even said (that I was gay), it would overpower everything," he tells the magazine.
This must mean there is no intention of getting N'Sync back together.

That's it, I'm throwing a party.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Why do people feel the need to throw a huge party and alert the presses just because they love the cawk?

Fags are such drama queens.

aria

Former Moderator
Magnaflux said:
Why do people feel the need to throw a huge party and alert the presses just because they love the cawk?

Fags are such drama queens.

The thread speaks for itself.

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
Magnaflux said:
IMO he wasn't announcing he's gay. He was announcing that N'Sync can now be considered dead enough to say he's gay. It's a small but very important difference.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
George Bush gave him permission to out himself.

Thus avoiding any legal implications.

melchia

Franco's Trainer
norton9478 said:
George Bush gave him permission to out himself.

Thus avoiding any legal implications.
i'm beginning to wonder about you, norty :spock:

Neon_Sonic

Setsuna's Owl Keeper
Wow. Despite the millions of jokes about the Backstreet Boys and 'N Sync being a "bunch of fags," I really am pretty surprised. Sounds like that wasn't a terribly fun situation for him, though, having to keep quiet for publicity reasons.

Good for him. The fact that he had the guts to come out almost makes up for his being a member of 'N Sync (in my mind).

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I'm waiting for a gay celeb to out himself as straight.