Pranslation (MVS-->AES adapter) Info and Compatibility

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Glad it worked out this time around. The mod only took a few mins as it was a gfx issue not the new board. I did like last hope, you can really see a difference between the two games and I look forward to seeing what NG dev team will come up with down the road.

Diggerman - I used your system for the test. I never used the jukebox option, I simply went into the game and started it. The music was fine after I swapped the board out. Does the in game music run when playing it? If it plays then you may have to ask raz whats up as it's not a system or converter issue.

I added the dust cover and some screws as your system really needed some attention. Poor neo, :lolz:.

We're about 2 weeks away from some new stuff. I can't wait.

I'm glad you like Pink Bullets... not only can you see a difference between Pink Bullets and Fast Striker, but there is a nice difference between the original Last Hope and Pink Bullets. :) GunLord should be simply magnificent.

Diggerman has been tested over and over with the same results... no music or sound in game nor using the jukebox. It simply has no sound when played on the AES console. It works fine on my MVS though. Not sure what causes it. The Pranslation now plays all the other games fine except for CTHD as you know.

Thanks for the dust cover bro, that was nice of ya. :) I can't wait to see what we have in 2 weeks for our Neo consoles! :)

DavidG

Update for Kev:

Took some time but I found out what the issue was. Reported were that offical SNK games like CvS didn't start at all, the multicart would reset, crash or not work at all. The multicart issue has been talked about and you can improve the performance of the Phantom-1 with the 150 and 161 by moving the upgrade board closer to the AES cart slots.

The main issue you were having was not a upgrade board issue, it was a very old Phantom-1 that was at fault. Sometimes your P1 would work fine then other times I couldn't get any game to start. As it turns out the program board on your Phantom-1 was very worn out. The image below is what the program board looks like after it had been cleaned. Yours is on the top, a newer board is on the bottom.

The lower board was from a much newer P1 that the owner had dropped and cracked the MVS connector and it no longer worked. The edge connector and the board were new. I took the time to remove both program cart slots and use your working MVS connector on this newer board. I installed the new P1 v1.6 board as close to the AES as possible, it's not as close as I would like but since you have a custom case I can't block the case holes.

I added extra power lines for both the program and gfx boards and added the diode mod which I forgot about before. On your system MSX, CvS, Kof2003, SS5, SS5sp, MS5 and your 150-in-1 are all working perfectly the first try. No gfx issues, no resets, no crashes.

Note: with the P1 upgrade board installed a little higher on the P1 than what I would like it's still possible to have the multicart crash the odd time. I tried all the games that are known to give the P1 a hard time and they all work. Last Blade 1 and 2 are playing perfectly now as well.

Your system, new P1 and game will leave shortly - You will finally be able to throw that neo party and before xmas!

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
Your system, new P1 and game will leave shortly - You will finally be able to throw that neo party and before xmas!

I'm almost speechless. I'm extremely grateful for the efforts of people like you in helping out on the scene. Without the time you put in to your awesome work, the scene would be lifeless.

You have made not only my night but my anxious friends and roommates nights as well! They have been pulling for you this whole time, anticipating when we can play some real games again.This is outstanding news indeed!

I will bring you pictures of a Neo party like no other. I am a man of my word. Eyes peeled, gentlemen. :D

Last edited:

DavidG

We're finally coming to an end for this post. It has been a long road but we got it done. The only loose ties left would be for Bill to get one of these upgrade boards to push his converter to 100%. Next over the next month when I have time I will make a diggerman cart and test it then send it down to fakk2, if it works keep it and send me the non-working one.

In a new post coming soon will be the AES backup memory board.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
We're finally coming to an end for this post. It has been a long road but we got it done. The only loose ties left would be for Bill to get one of these upgrade boards to push his converter to 100%.

Hehehe I am curious where you'd slap one of those things on my converter. LOL

This has been a great thread so far and I really appreciate your efforts. :)

Looking forward to your next project, as always.

Last edited:

Fakk2

We're finally coming to an end for this post. It has been a long road but we got it done. The only loose ties left would be for Bill to get one of these upgrade boards to push his converter to 100%. Next over the next month when I have time I will make a diggerman cart and test it then send it down to fakk2, if it works keep it and send me the non-working one.

In a new post coming soon will be the AES backup memory board.

Can't wait to see the new Diggerman cart, thanks so much David! Please make sure to test it out on an unmodded AES before sending it out though. I have a feeling the reason it doesn't work on my AES is due to your AES having a ton of mods done to it. ;) You probably tested it on your AES... Anyhow thanks again!

I can't wait to see the new AES upgrade boards also! Keep us up to date on that project and anything else you have down the line. :)

Mr Kevums... also don't forget to post some awesome pics of your Neo Party! I wish I could be there! :)

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
Everything came in early yesterday afternoon before i left for work. USPS could have been a bit nicer with the package, as i literally had to reassemble some of the AES, but nothing was broken. Fired it up, and alas, original SSVS cart looks and plays perfect! No graphical/sound glitches whatsoever. Tried some other games on the multicart and it was hit or miss as far as glitch fixes honestly, but i was forewarned of this and am not surprised. I'm extremely satisfied with how everything came out and cannot be more grateful for your awesome work David! I'm eagerly anticipating your next project!

PS: Sorry, i was only able to get one picture last night before i had too much stinky gringo to realize what i was still doing. I'll have another soon and be more coherent.

sat985

Quiz Detective
I thought I would chime in here. I picked up a phantom 1 !ARCADE!, blue. It was in the original box/antistat/and had instructions. The guy I got it from said it was one of the last made iirc.

The aes I usually use it on is a 48k jp system that uses a propow2 psu. It has played every game i've tried with only a few white dots for a scaling issue, hard to notice.. No gfx or sound glitches. For fun I tried a stack of mvs carts of varying meg sizes out today so I could report here. Mind you this converter has not been modded at all.

Baseball Stars 2 68nmeg

Magical Drop 2 82meg

Neo Driftout 106meg

Waku Waku 7 259meg

Last Blade 474meg

Metal Slug X 506meg

Last Blade 2 554meg

King of Fighters '99 673meg

King of Fighters '98 683meg

Samurai Shodown 5 708meg

I'm going to pick up a ms3 or 5 again to test the games that iirc had 2 encryption chips.

Interesting that this phantom has played past 700meg games and encrypted ones.

DavidG

The phanom-1 supports all games from a wire for wire point of view. The problem is only with KOF2k3, MS5 and CvS. All NG Dev games and the 150/161 multicarts are also on the list for issues with the P1. SS5 and SS5sp both use older program boards found in MS4 which is why they work. If you choose to grab the Phantom-1 upgrade board v1.6 you will be able to play the last 3 SNK games and NG Dev games without a problem. The new upgrade board will also fix your white dot issue. My test have shown a hit or miss with the multicarts. Some games will work perfectly while others will reset at random. No way to know 100% unless you try it but my support for the Phantom-1/Pranslation ends with NG Dev games. Any home brew games that run off SNK boards should also run fine with your P1 without any mods.

The new Daedalus converter is the only one that can play them all even the 161-multicart without any problems.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Hi

Have you sent out the Fast Striker cart and converter yet?

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
All this recent talk about DavidG got me thinking... and I remembered this thread, and got out my pranslation...

A few of my wires had come loose (I did the basic mod) and I re-soldered them on and had a blast on a few games...

Mainly puzzle bobble... which probably doesn't need any of the extra wires!

Fakk2

Does anyone have any way to contact David G anymore? My upgrade board seems to have died on me, and I need to contact him about buying another, or having him take a look at my Pranslation to see why it no longer works. All the wires have been tested and work on the CHAR board and all the wires touch points on the PROG board, only the ones that run through the upgrade board do not seem to pass through anymore, which makes me think that the board is dead or something. Is thre a real way to test that prog upgrade board? Anyone know? David if you can contact me, please do so that way I can get this fixed since nobody else knows how.

Sorry to resurrect a dinosaur thread, but, it has to be done.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Does anyone have any way to contact David G anymore? My upgrade board seems to have died on me, and I need to contact him about buying another, or having him take a look at my Pranslation to see why it no longer works. All the wires have been tested and work on the CHAR board and all the wires touch points on the PROG board, only the ones that run through the upgrade board do not seem to pass through anymore, which makes me think that the board is dead or something. Is thre a real way to test that prog upgrade board? Anyone know? David if you can contact me, please do so that way I can get this fixed since nobody else knows how.

Sorry to resurrect a dinosaur thread, but, it has to be done.

Can you snap some pics of the wires that you're talking about?

Kyuusaku

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I can get this fixed since nobody else knows how.
DavidG didn't know what he was doing--there's nothing proprietary about the "upgrade board" circuit. Even if the CPLD is damaged you can remove and replace it with a $0.20 off-the-shelf 74'08/74'11. All that's necessary are two 3-input AND gates which drive the enables of the '245s. The low '245 (for D[7:0]) AND3 gate goes ROMOEL, PORTOEL, PORTWEL. The high '245 (D[15:8]) AND3 goes to ROMOEH, PORTOEH and PORTWEH. This is the logic that's used in the "Fusion converter" which is compatible with numerous late games.

Last edited:

Fakk2

DavidG didn't know what he was doing--there's nothing proprietary about the "upgrade board" circuit. Even if the CPLD is damaged you can remove and replace it with a $0.20 off-the-shelf 74'08/74'11. All that's necessary are two 3-input AND gates which drive the enables of the '245s. The low '245 (for D[7:0]) AND3 gate goes ROMOEL, PORTOEL, PORTWEL. The high '245 (D[15:8]) AND3 goes to ROMOEH, PORTOEH and PORTWEH. This is the logic that's used in the "Fusion converter" which is compatible with numerous late games.

Glad we have someone in here that knows his stuff... and I recall your name from somewhere in the past. Anyway, I was wrong about it being dead. I am not having problems with the new games at all. Every single last SNK Release works fine, as does all the NGDevTeam games, and Super Bubble Pop, (so David G. must have had more knowledge than the "Fusion" team).. I am only having a problem with a new game I bought, Master of Syougi, which does not work on the converter with the upgrade board, however, the same exact converter (I own two of them) plays the game fine without the upgrade board, and my 6 slot big red brand new condition cab plays the game fine as well, so the upgrade board v.1.5 has to be involved somehow. When I swap out the boards from each converter and use the other converters Prog board that has no upgrade board from David G., the game plays fine, so the Char board is not the culprit. So I'm wondering why every game works fine, other than Master of Syougi? Very odd if you ask me. Any ideas of how to get it working on this converter that uses the upgrade board?

Should I post pics? Would that really help?

Last edited:

Kyuusaku

B. Jenet's Firstmate
and I recall your name from somewhere in the past.
This very thread a few pages back.

so David G. must have had more knowledge than the "Fusion" team
No. DavidG couldn't implement the key component to all MVS converters--despite later claiming he "designed" it at SNK. I contributed the logical design of the Fusion but Furrtek chose the hardware and designed the board. There are definite flaws in the physical design, but it's not likely there are any flaws to the logic; the Fusion's PROG board simply acts as a "repeater", which proves that there's nothing special about the PROG board logic in any converter.

Why the Fusion doesn't support certain games, I have no idea. It's likely "analog issues" stemming from the converter and game's PCB layout, or perhaps a routing mistake on one of the more obscure signals. I neither have the games or a Fusion to do testing.

So I'm wondering why every game works fine, other than Master of Syougi? Very odd if you ask me.
It's very hard to say, numerous games from '94/95 use the same PROGTOP board.
It could be that a routine in the game accesses memory very rapidly and the very poor signal characteristics from long wires/traces and bad grounding causes the memory cycle to fail.
Or it could be that the logic threshold is incompatible between a ROM in that game and the upgrade board.

Does the game start? Which '245 chips specifically are used on the upgrade board?

Last edited:

Fakk2

This very thread a few pages back.

No. DavidG couldn't implement the key component to all MVS converters--despite later claiming he "designed" it at SNK. I contributed the logical design of the Fusion but Furrtek chose the hardware and designed the board. There are definite flaws in the physical design, but it's not likely there are any flaws to the logic; the Fusion's PROG board simply acts as a "repeater", which proves that there's nothing special about the PROG board logic in any converter.

Why the Fusion doesn't support certain games, I have no idea. It's likely "analog issues" stemming from the converter and game's PCB layout, or perhaps a routing mistake on one of the more obscure signals. I neither have the games or a Fusion to do testing.

It's very hard to say, numerous games from '94/95 use the same PROGTOP board.
It could be that a routine in the game accesses memory very rapidly and the very poor signal characteristics from long wires/traces and bad grounding causes the memory cycle to fail.
Or it could be that the logic threshold is incompatible between a ROM in that game and the upgrade board.

Does the game start? Which '245 chips specifically are used on the upgrade board?

Thank you for your reply.

Well, just remember that when I bypass the upgrade board altogether using another board from my second Pranslation converter the game works fine. The contacts on my games are all pristine as well, as are the cart slots, so it is not dirt, or bad contacts, bad wires, bad grounding...etc. It has something to do with the design of this upgrade board, OR I need to bypass the upgrade board with some wires. This is why I need someone to let me know which ones.

As for the game starting, no. I just gives a strange buzzing sound, like electricity.

Which '245 chips are used with the upgrade board? Well, it looks like it uses 2 of the same LS245 chips, both of which are 110JJLK chips. It also has one ATMEL Chip with the part number ATF1502AS 10AU44 1113

I can provide upclose bright pics of both sides of the upgrade board, and even nice clear pics of the upgraded Pranslation if need be. Thank you, Kyuusaku!

Kyuusaku

B. Jenet's Firstmate
bad grounding...etc.
By bad grounding I mean poor current return paths for each signal. There's little doubt the upgrade board has horrible grounding since each current loop has to go through a single ground point (I'm assuming).

LS245 chips
LS245 have a low input threshold, making them compatible with pretty much every ROM, so it's not directly a threshold incompatibility. They aren't the best choice for this application because they also have a low output level, which decreases noise immunity with chips they interface to. They are rugged though and tolerant of poor layout.

Really the converter needs to be probed with an oscilloscope to understand what's going on.

Acting blind, the first thing I'd try is adding short, point-to-point ground wires from each LS245 to a ground pin on the cart edge.

Pictures might be helpful to see faults with the layout/wiring.

Fakk2

By bad grounding I mean poor current return paths for each signal. There's little doubt the upgrade board has horrible grounding since each current loop has to go through a single ground point (I'm assuming).

LS245 have a low input threshold, making them compatible with pretty much every ROM, so it's not directly a threshold incompatibility. They aren't the best choice for this application because they also have a low output level, which decreases noise immunity with chips they interface to. They are rugged though and tolerant of poor layout.

Really the converter needs to be probed with an oscilloscope to understand what's going on.

Acting blind, the first thing I'd try is adding short, point-to-point ground wires from each LS245 to a ground pin on the cart edge.

Pictures might be helpful to see faults with the layout/wiring.

I will add pics in a bit, no probs. One thing I would like to point out, is that I have been messing with it the past hour and I now have made the cart work using this converter with the upgrade board, and it is making me re-think about the problem entirely.

I must lift the right side of the converter up at an angle until it gets to the point that the converter is nearly out of the console before the game works. There is no sound from the game, but the graphics are just fine, and it functions perfectly, which now makes me think there might be an issue with something on the V Rom side of the board, which is kind of insane, due to the fact that there are hardly any wires on that side, and every other game functions fine. So for the cart to play perfectly graphically, this must mean that it can read the P Rom, and all the carts C roms and M1 and S1. It's just having some kind of short with the V Roms when plugged in all the way into the Neo-Geo AES.

Pics coming asap! Thank you again Kyuusaku for helping me out on this project, since nobody else would. Once I get this game working, then the converter can be considered 100% compatible like Daedalus. I want to test Daedalus out, but, the person I am trying to get it from is stalling. :P

EDIT: Here is a link to my PhotoBucket pics of this converter and all the wires. I tried very hard to show the wiring as much as possible using varying lighting, and also shooting from different angles. I was thinking about even going out and buying a bunch of new wires somewhere that are multicolored, and resoldering the entire thing, which should take about 2 hours or so I'm guessing, so you can see where each wire is going easier. Let me know what you think. Remember what I stated above though, that when the cart is pulled up on the right hand side pretty high (looking at it from the front of the cart), the game plays flawlessly without music and sound effects, so I am thinking it has something to do with that side of the converter. Also remember, that my second converter can play the game just fine when I use the Prog board from it on the same converter that has issues, and that board that works has all the wires soldered in the right place, but it has no upgrade board. Thanks. There are 41 pics below. If you need more, let me know.

http://s111.photobucket.com/user/Fakk2/library/Pranslation Converter Wiring Setup Pics?sort=3&page=1

I do know that DavidG has a revision 1.6 upgrade board and I WISH to god I could see pics of it, and find out what is different about it. That board might solve this issue, and make this converter complete. If anyone has his upgrade boards, please post pics in here so I can see the difference, front and back, very close and detailed with a 10MP camera minimum.

David Garret, if your reading this, contact me please at snk@att.net and let me know if I can send you my Game and Pranslation to see how to fix this issue if Kyuusaku cannot fix it. I have asked a dozen people for your email address and nobody has any idea, or refuses to reply, even NGDevTeam and Shawn wont reply to my damn emails. It's so irritating. (But then again NGDevTeam hates my guts now, so they won't help me out for anything anyway like they would other people, despite the fact I buy all their games on both AES and MVS L.E.). :P

BTW, Can you please explain to me what you mean by adding short wires to the logic chips to ground on the cart edge? What good would that do, and which pins would I need to connect? I am no expert on logic chips like you and Jeff Kurtz are. I need schematics to know where the ground pins are, unless they are in the same place as the ones in the AES on the bottom right side?? Also, what is the point of the Atmel chip, and how much voltage does this upgrade board use? 5v?

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
So for the cart to play perfectly graphically, this must mean that it can read the P Rom, and all the carts C roms and M1 and S1.

The M rom is not required. I have had carts with a dead M1 chip, they play perfectly just with no audio at all.

I want to test Daedalus out, but, the person I am trying to get it from is stalling. :P

AFAIK, the daedalus is still available new from the neostore. Can you share the price you are getting on it? I'd be interested.

But then again NGDevTeam hates my guts now

Why would they hate you now, when a couple weeks ago they (allegedly) shared with you some details about the new game no one else had?

Regards.

Fakk2

The M rom is not required. I have had carts with a dead M1 chip, they play perfectly just with no audio at all.

AFAIK, the daedalus is still available new from the neostore. Can you share the price you are getting on it? I'd be interested.

Why would they hate you now, when a couple weeks ago they (allegedly) shared with you some details about the new game no one else had?

Regards.

Ok, well I was guessing about the M1 ... The fact that it does play perfectly though without the sound just makes me believe that it is able to read everything other than the V Roms. This is just speculation since the Char board is the same on both converters, so the Prog board is the only difference here, and lifting the board up enough that it is not reading the V roms so there is no sound makes sense why its working without sound.

As for the Daedalus, I am just going to borrow it from someone to check for compatibility with my games before I buy it from anyone. If it has the same exact compatibility as both my upgraded Pranslations, then there is no use in buying it.

Well, I guess I can't say that NGDevTeam hates me, but, they do delete some of my comments for no reason at all, and sometimes they just do not reply to my emails, most likely due to asking too many questions, or they just hate answering my questions. It just makes me believe they dislike me when they delete my comments for no reason at all, and yet leave everyone else's alone. Just because they answer some of my emails, does not mean that they like me. :P The only reason that they tell me anything is possibly due to the fact that I buy every game release of theirs, and I ask them a million questions a month. :P So to shut me up, I think they just give in and tell me what I want to know, otherwise I never shut the fuck up and keep emailing them over and over. :D One thing is for damn sure, it pisses me off when I support them all the time, and get my comments deleted just because they dislike my suggestions on their game releases, and what I wish they would improve on. All they need to do is reply and say "they have no time to work on it, or implement it in the game", or just tell me "We don't give a shit what you think, stop giving us your suggestions please, your the fucking customer so just buy our games as is and shut the fuck up"... instead of just deleting my comments without any reason for doing so. :D This is just my opinion.

Also, there is no "allegedly" about anything I say. I keep nearly all emails I get from everyone in texts and .eml files, and I can prove anything and everything I say at anytime. Thanks for your trust in my word though. :P

Kyuusaku, is there anything wrong with the wiring that you can tell, or the upgrade board? Any advise?

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Ok, well I was guessing about the M1 ... The fact that it does play perfectly though without the sound just makes me believe that it is able to read everything other than the V Roms. This is just speculation since the Char board is the same on both converters, so the Prog board is the only difference here, and lifting the board up enough that it is not reading the V roms so there is no sound makes sense why its working without sound.

As for the Daedalus, I am just going to borrow it from someone to check for compatibility with my games before I buy it from anyone. If it has the same exact compatibility as both my upgraded Pranslations, then there is no use in buying it.

Well, I guess I can't say that NGDevTeam hates me, but, they do delete some of my comments for no reason at all, and sometimes they just do not reply to my emails, most likely due to asking too many questions, or they just hate answering my questions. It just makes me believe they dislike me when they delete my comments for no reason at all, and yet leave everyone else's alone. Just because they answer some of my emails, does not mean that they like me. :P The only reason that they tell me anything is possibly due to the fact that I buy every game release of theirs, and I ask them a million questions a month. :P So to shut me up, I think they just give in and tell me what I want to know, otherwise I never shut the fuck up and keep emailing them over and over. :D One thing is for damn sure, it pisses me off when I support them all the time, and get my comments deleted just because they dislike my suggestions on their game releases, and what I wish they would improve on. All they need to do is reply and say "they have no time to work on it, or implement it in the game", or just tell me "We don't give a shit what you think, stop giving us your suggestions please, your the fucking customer so just buy our games as is and shut the fuck up"... instead of just deleting my comments without any reason for doing so. :D This is just my opinion.

Also, there is no "allegedly" about anything I say. I keep nearly all emails I get from everyone in texts and .eml files, and I can prove anything and everything I say at anytime. Thanks for your trust in my word though. :P

Kyuusaku, is there anything wrong with the wiring that you can tell, or the upgrade board? Any advise?

Hey man, as I said before, the problem with the audio may be an issue connecting to the M1 chip (which mutes all audio) instead of access to the many V chips. Just my opinion. Also, I do not think they hate you for not replying your emails, they are just busy I guess. Maybe they delete your comments because they consider them inappropriate? I don't know. And sorry about the "allegedly", but I usually do not put anything for a fact unless I have proof. That's just me I guess, nothing personal :)

Regards.

Fakk2

Well, it's cool bro. I just don't like it when people don't believe the shit I tell them. Just imagine all the times in 8th grade and in high school, I had to take Neo-Geo games and manulas and memory cards etc to show people because "they don't believe I owned a Neo-Geo in 1991 simply because they don't" type of shit. Or having to show proof with receipts of my Metal Slug games, or take pics of my collection etc etc, due to people that just don't believe me. It's gotten to the point that I got so used to people calling me out on everything, that I save all my receipts now, take pics of everything I own all the time, and save all emails and shit, just for "proof". It gets a bit ridiculous, even when I tell people about my LaserDisc players, they are like no way, show me pics or it doesn't exist...it's like OMG get real please. lol It gets tedious. But, I suppose I understand.

Anyway, back on topic, the reason that the sound does not work is because I am pulling the right side of the cart up as far as possible before it comes all the way out, so its not reading the V Roms, but it is rading the rest of the cart on the left hand side, which is why it is able to boot up, but not play the music. It could be anything really. Today I am going to mess around with my second Pranslation and see what the hell is going on and why that cart can play the game without the upgrade board, and remove one wire at a time and add a wire at a time etc.. until I can figure out what the hell is going on here since nobody can seem to figure it out, and I NEED someone with an upgrade board 1.6 to chime in here, but nobody seems to give a shit about this thread, not even the OP of the thread. :D

About the comments that they delete, they are not inappropriate. NGDevTeam has a problem about people giving advice, or asking them to make changes to the game. They are also butt hurt very easily about constructive criticism, and do not seem to understand when people, (their own fans), are asking them to make changes for the better. So when their own fans tell them something that puts down their game, or they ask for something to be added because it would make the game better, NGDevTeam looks at it as "Hey these guys are never happy about anything, and are never satisfied, and they can kiss my ass" and so they delete the comment, thus why the messages on their own video of Kraut Busters is disabled now, due to people asking them to change things up, and add things etc..

The post they deleted of mine was just telling them that I love the new look of the game, and I preordered it, and I believe in them that they can make it better by the end of the year, but, I (along with my wife), would LOVE to see a few things implemented before the release of the game. I made a list of 10 things I would like to see added, and I told them thanks for making a new Neo-Geo game, and that they rock.... then they read it, and deleted it. It's this kind of shit that really pisses me off about them. I am used to SNK's strategy like the days of the Fan Club. SNK not only appreciated their fans, but, they ASKED US to TELL THEM what we would like to see in their games, and to make the console better, and the games better, they listened to our advice and made the games based on what the fans wanted, and the NGDevTeam could REALLY learn a lesson from that kind of attitude, because if they actually listened to their fans, and worked with them, their games would actually have proper intros, cut scenes, endings, longevity, no cut corners, proper level structure, etc..etc.. instead of the damn stuff that we get which varies all over the fucking place. They act like they want to be like the next Nazca, and SNK, but they will never hit that benchmark if they do not try to become one with the fans that love and buy their games. That is all I keep trying to get them to understand, but they are out of touch with their fans, and NGDevTeam is also way too much like "We are in control of the game, and you will get whatever we put out, and if you don't like it, don't buy it", which is what really kills it for me at the end of the day. I love their games, but, when I play them I always notice that I feel something missing, and they do not seem to give a shit anymore, and they don't really want to discuss what they can do to fix their games with me anymore. To be honest with you, just typing this all up on here kind of worries me, because they might just see it and cancel my pre-order of Kraut Busters... because they have that kind of nature in general, which is not cool. I just wish that they were more of a "Were in it for the fans" type of Developers, like Jeff Kurts is, and SNK was.

EDIT: NGDevTeam DID reply telling me that they did not remove my comment, that they think FaceBook must think it was spam? So I guess it is what it is. :D

Can anyone show me a high quality scan of the Upgrade board v1.6 both sides so I might be able to upgrade mine to the newest revision?

EDIT#2: Thanks Kyuusaku for ... well, trying to guess whats up with it, but it was never the upgrade board to begin with. lol The upgrade board 1.5 is just fine for the job. I solved the puzzle myself, and found the fault, and now I have 100% perfect playback on the Pranslation which was used for testing purposes to create the Daedalus! So, I also used the same wiring that I used to fix DG's error in calculations and I have replicated the same exact results on my second Pranslation. Both of them are now Prototypes of the Daedalus, and play everything 100% perfectly. Master of Syougi works flawlessly, as does my NGDevTeam games, (Last Hope, Pink Bullets, Fast Striker, Neo XYX, Gunlord, and Razion), SvC works, KOF2k3 works, all Metal Slugs work, (I don't have MSX but I assume it should work as well), and everything else I ahve tried so far works perfectly.

If I ever get the Daedalus for testing purposes from a forum member here, I can trace line for line to make sure everything is exactly the same, and then I will be selling one of my Daedalus Prototypes, as I will only need ONE converter from this point forward since it plays everything the Neo library has.

I wish to thank everyone that wanted to help me, even though nobody seems to have knowledge about the converter, but, I figured since a converter is nothing more than a line by line deal, there can only be so many possibilities, so I just dove in and figured this fucker out! Now I understand the damn thing through and though. Not so hard when I think about it now, and it was quite fun to fix.

Pics coming soon of the final mod job I did, just to make things a bit clearer if anyone is interested in them. Later.

Last edited: