Haha awesome!

Here's that link https://instagram.com/p/1hZDNAIQ2T/

Today I got some prints by Toshiro Maeda himself
37E175DB-0C90-4654-8DDE-7823146B5FBC_zps0gmuhotp.jpg

CE268495-41DA-4B4F-917E-AB5F80E7A793_zpsfdskpacy.jpg

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I'm reading and enjoying the hell outta Marvel's Secret Wars a whole lot, granted I've also been reading Hickman's entire three year long( FUCK THAT'S LONG ) Avengers run

Not reading Convergence since the only DC book I read is FBP and that's a Vertgo title, might check out Convergence: Batman & Robin since Denys Cowan is doing the art for it

Aaaaannnnddddddd I like the Jem comic and Archie vs. Predator has no right to be as fun as it is

Last edited:

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
So I went to Image Expo

Chatted with Justin Greenwood and Anthony Johnston over Erik Larsen pages at the Cartoon Museum

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Anyone reading Secret Wars right now?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Sort of. Turns out I missed quite of alot of stuff...when did Cyclops became Phoenix?

I wonder where they're going with the Ultimate universe after this.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Anyone reading Secret Wars right now?

I am, I'm enjoying it

Sort of. Turns out I missed quite of alot of stuff...when did Cyclops became Phoenix?

I wonder where they're going with the Ultimate universe after this.

Originally during AvX and this time towards the end of Secret Wars #1

After this the Ultimate Universe is going bye bye, Bendis is doing that story in Ultimate End as Miles new solo is him in the main universe when it starts in October

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Secret Wars has been really good. All the offshoots have been pretty rad. Really enjoying Old Man Logan and Zombies Vs. Ultron.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Going to miss the Ultimate universe.
What I won't miss is shitty writers forcing all this edgy shit grimdark into it.

Guess I'll wait for Secret Wars paperbacks, US comics (especially unlocalized) are a bitch to get here.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Going to miss the Ultimate universe.
What I won't miss is shitty writers forcing all this edgy shit grimdark into it.

Guess I'll wait for Secret Wars paperbacks, US comics (especially unlocalized) are a bitch to get here.

That sucks. I never really thought about that before. I just assumed they were released everywhere. BTW some funny shit happens between Doom and Pheonix (Cyclops) in the new Secret Wars issue.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
I have been picking up Secret Wars but I haven't followed anything Marvel in a LONG time. The whole Cyclops/Phoenix thing I wasn't aware of as well as some of the characters (I'm assuming the guy with the silver helmet is the Ultimate Reed Richards?). :emb:

What I haven't done is pick up any of the sub-series books, just the main Secret Wars book itself. After having my fill of Convergence over at DC, I wasn't ready to go headfirst into another bunch of books that most likely won't impact the main series. :annoyed:

Speaking of DC, I'm WAY far behind on a bunch of New52 series I've been buying. I think my backlog of unreads is up to two long boxes now. :emb: The only things that get read as soon as I get them are books like the Mignola Dark Horse stuff such as Baltimore and Frankenstein Underground (though I'm behind on BPRD), Astro City from Vertigo, Justice League (the Johns written one, not United or the new JLA), and some Valiant stuff like Ivar, Timewalker.

Inter-Company Crossovers were some of my first and favorite comics growing up and I'm trade waiting on some such as Batman '66/Green Hornet and Ghostbusters/TMNT. I imagine at some point I'll snag the trade for Archie Meets the Predator (it has a so bad it's good feel to it). I just discovered today that there's an Archie vs. Sharknado One-Shot. :loco:

Edit: Derp...apparently the TPB for GB/TMNT came out a few months ago. Time to go get my LCS to order it for me.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Ultimate Reed Richards is now a villain and calls himself "The Maker" and basically created some sort of villainous Future Foundation. Earth-1610 crashed into 616 if you missed that previous to the whole Secret Wars arc.

You might like how Secret Wars #4 played out

Oh yes I did. :keke:

Edit: Actually the crash happend in SW#1 but there has been quite some buildup before that. That's what I meant.

I wonder if they're going to pull their own version of New 52 after Secret Wars.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Ugh my backlog of comics is getting bigger and bigger. I haven't read more than I've bought in many, many weeks and I don't even buy that many comics. I gotta get on that. I haven't even read the Wally Convergeance story yet and I was hyped as fuck when I bought it.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Ultimate Reed Richards is now a villain and calls himself "The Maker" and basically created some sort of villainous Future Foundation. Earth-1610 crashed into 616 if you missed that previous to the whole Secret Wars arc.

Oh yes I did. :keke:

Edit: Actually the crash happend in SW#1 but there has been quite some buildup before that. That's what I meant.

I wonder if they're going to pull their own version of New 52 after Secret Wars.

Yeah I got that vibe and it's not like they can't look at the nu52 and see what not to do, I don't know if you or anyone else here has seen the titles Marvel has coming out in October. Combined with the Image stuff coming out that same month it's going to be crazy and pricey

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I haven't read anything from that series. I'm a huge whore for multiverse/parallel/alternative history though.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
I really enjoyed Multiversity especially the Hero Socity issue, fuck why couldn't that have been a ongoing series

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Going through some Batman TPB stuff...Gotham by Gaslight, The Long Halloween and Hush. All good stuff.

Also my hardcover TPB of Spider-Verse arrived today.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Going through some Batman TPB stuff...Gotham by Gaslight, The Long Halloween and Hush. All good stuff.

Also my hardcover TPB of Spider-Verse arrived today.

It's weird about Loeb where you can document when he seemingly loved telling great to good stories and then stopped giving a shit

Please do tell your thoughts on Spider-Verse when you finish it

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Was at D23( Disney's own convention ) and I can cross off getting Jim Cummings aka Darkwing Duck/Montery Jack off my list
D37BE20E-2282-4BB1-9C7D-0151C1BA7C94_zpsoul4ugce.jpg

As a huge DW fan I was hyped to meet him, also got the DW Omnibus signed by Aaron Sparrow and James Silvani
A33117D6-5C78-4C5E-B82D-D127E42FCACB_zpseaw9hi9r.jpg

AEAA7F45-2C3F-436A-BF24-65289BA7412A_zpss9wrmpol.jpg

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Mark Waid and Dean Haspiel's work on The Fox for Dark Circle Comics (Archie's superhero imprint) is excellent.

Which isn't surprising, because Mark Waid is amazing.