The Comic Book Thread

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
While not completely Flash centric Morrison's JLA run had some good Flash stuff

On a side note how do folks feel about the turning single issues into hardcovers process, I ask because I came across a guy who calls it sacrilege when before I ran into that guy most I knew found it ok to get a way to have their fav run that wasn't collected( like Priest's complete Black Panther run ) in collected hardcover

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I hear good things about JLA but in general don't like Grant Morrison (especially his Batman run). I'll look into it.

And as far conversions go, I say do it. Do whatever you want to do with your own property, and tell anyone who tries to stop you to fuck off. I reject the notion that you have to preserve things in their original state just because of someone else's value judgment of it. That goes for comics, converted game carts, whatever.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
While not completely Flash centric Morrison's JLA run had some good Flash stuff

On a side note how do folks feel about the turning single issues into hardcovers process, I ask because I came across a guy who calls it sacrilege when before I ran into that guy most I knew found it ok to get a way to have their fav run that wasn't collected( like Priest's complete Black Panther run ) in collected hardcover

Well, I've seen plenty of golden age comics pop up on ebay that had their covers missing. The seller(or whoever they got it from) had new covers printed to attach to these comics. People over on the comic price guide forums were outraged by it.
The way I see it, if it's missing the cover anyway what harm is it going to do?
I wouldn't mind buying one... but for sure would not be willing to pay anywhere near as much as one that does have the original cover in tact.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Anyone reading Lazarus? Been the only series I've been keeping up with the individual issues as of late... I totally have been digging it. Ruka/Lark can't crank these out fast enough!

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
I hear good things about JLA but in general don't like Grant Morrison (especially his Batman run). I'll look into it.

And as far conversions go, I say do it. Do whatever you want to do with your own property, and tell anyone who tries to stop you to fuck off. I reject the notion that you have to preserve things in their original state just because of someone else's value judgment of it. That goes for comics, converted game carts, whatever.

I want to do it it when I have a complete run of a couple of my fav series that never got a collected edition or in the case of Body Bags I want a hardcover edition

Well, I've seen plenty of golden age comics pop up on ebay that had their covers missing. The seller(or whoever they got it from) had new covers printed to attach to these comics. People over on the comic price guide forums were outraged by it.
The way I see it, if it's missing the cover anyway what harm is it going to do?
I wouldn't mind buying one... but for sure would not be willing to pay anywhere near as much as one that does have the original cover in tact.

Didn't know people made new covers for single issues, sounds cool but yeah I ain't paying a crazy price for one

Anyone reading Lazarus? Been the only series I've been keeping up with the individual issues as of late... I totally have been digging it. Ruka/Lark can't crank these out fast enough!

Myself and Mikhail are, a serious text convo happens between us with each new issue

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Myself and Mikhail are, a serious text convo happens between us with each new issue

Ahhh, that's right. I keep forgetting you're that Trey. ;) I was with him at the Image Expo for that McFarlane / BKV meet & greet signing session.

Hope you can make it out to Berkeley next month. Should be pretty cool.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Ahhh, that's right. I keep forgetting you're that Trey. ;) I was with him at the Image Expo for that McFarlane / BKV meet & greet signing session.

Hope you can make it out to Berkeley next month. Should be pretty cool.

I am trying, if I gotta tell the job to piss off then yeah I will politely tell them to piss off

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
So what's this about Spider-Man's ex(dead) girlfriend Gwen Stacy appearing(starring) in a brand new comic 'Spider-Gwen' ?

What did they do? Dig up her body, use some kind of voodoo magic & have a radioactive spider bite her?!... õ_Ô

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
So what's this about Spider-Man's ex(dead) girlfriend Gwen Stacy appearing(starring) in a brand new comic 'Spider-Gwen' ?

What did they do? Dig up her body, use some kind of voodoo magic & have a radioactive spider bite her?!... õ_Ô

Alternate reality where she got bit and it was Peter who had the tragic death, this all spin out of a year long Spider-Man event called Spider-Verse

She was one of the most popular characters introduced so she got her own series

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Alternate reality where she got bit and it was Peter who had the tragic death, this all spin out of a year long Spider-Man event called Spider-Verse

She was one of the most popular characters introduced so she got her own series

I wish I could jump into an alternate universe and have super powers :(

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Looks like a collection of Satoshi Kon's short stories will be released in May as Dream Fossil.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
ZOPhtnM.jpg

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I am trying, if I gotta tell the job to piss off then yeah I will politely tell them to piss off

As mentioned, good meeting up and hangin' out this last weekend Trey. The Rucka/Lark signing was a blast... the art show after was pretty sweet too. I'm sure Mikhail must've said something to you about his badass sketches he got. ;)

See ya at Big Wow next month!

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
As mentioned, good meeting up and hangin' out this last weekend Trey. The Rucka/Lark signing was a blast... the art show after was pretty sweet too. I'm sure Mikhail must've said something to you about his badass sketches he got. ;)

See ya at Big Wow next month!

Of course he did, Mikhail is like a big tyme art dealer now

He got a artist to come outta nowhere and drop off some art for him, we might need to fear him

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Of course he did, Mikhail is like a big tyme art dealer now

He got a artist to come outta nowhere and drop off some art for him, we might need to fear him

Haha, you are not joking. He's got Justin doing a couple favors for him at the ECCC up in Seattle this weekend too. Our Comrade is pretty well connected to say the least.

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
I don't know if you guys are familiar with Half Price Books? It is an awesome place with great CB goodies. I have about 4 of them around town and I find myself hunting for good deals every now and then. They recently sent me a 50% coupon and while looking around at what they had to offer, I came across the complete Quantum and Woody Classic Omnibus Hardcover; which I have been wanting to get ever since it came out.

To make a long story short, it is normally $100, and HPB had it for $50 naturally. With my 50% coupon it came down to $25 plus tax, suffice to say, it was a glorious day and I enjoyed the heck out of it!

Any Q&W fans out here? I never read the entire collection in the 90s, so it is the collection to get if you are a fan. Oh, and the new Q&W Must Die is also worth a read.

The series is the reason why I am a big Valiant fan. Oh, and can't wait to see the Valiant Cinematic Universe get started.

Last edited: