MVS Price Guide Updated

kite

n00b
I can buy a AES conversion für ~200 :annoyed:
Juggs Auction has been pushed and the winner never payed..

Last edited:

daybona

Juz,
400$ for pulstar, lol. At that price I 'll just pay 100 more and get the homecart.

Blazing star is better anyway and much cheaper to boot.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Stellaking said:
Theres a NOS IM trackball kit on the bay now, plus its respective NOS MV-1B for £125 all in... (not long left tho.)
Missing MVS IMaze cart, Jamma harness, cp overlay, marquee, sticker set & side art.

The seller is very highly recommended :kekeke:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&item=110004625210&rd=1&sspagename

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MINT-MV-1B-mo...QQihZ001QQcategoryZ123442QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Unfortunately it doesn't do me much good since I'm really just looking for the cartridge.

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
"The prices quoted are based on a used but working (authentic SNK/Playmore) MVS cartridge with an ORIGINAL English or Japanese label, excluding unlicensed/unnofficial and prototype games, of course"

Kizuna encounter to be found with ORIGINAL english label is very hard.
No way you can get it for $20.

Also:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pulstar-MVS-S...ryZ72503QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Pulstar sold for 42GBP.
makes no sense at all you keep on listing it for $300 maximum,as already been noted.
Please lower it to $70-80 maximum.

Strikers 1945:no way you will get $170 or more for a loose cart,probably the half.

Please update the guide,it is just misleading as some prices you put there seem to refer to complete kits instead of loose carts.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
FTL said:
Not with yaton around. He sold one to me.

FTL said:
Also:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pulstar-MVS-S...ryZ72503QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Pulstar sold for 42GBP.
makes no sense at all you keep on listing it for $300 maximum,as already been noted.
How do you decide what should be the max price? Do you know it can't sell for that much?

FTL said:
Strikers 1945:no way you will get $170 or more for a loose cart,probably the half.

Please update the guide,it is just misleading as some prices you put there seem to refer to complete kits instead of loose carts.
You're probably looking at auctions for the bootleg. I list it as $100-160, so I don't know where you're getting 170 from.

FTL

Staff member
Neo Alec said:
Not with yaton around. He sold one to me.

How do you decide what should be the max price? Do you know it can't sell for that much?

You're probably looking at auctions for the bootleg. I list it as $100-160, so I don't know where you're getting 170 from.

Most of the carts yaton sold were with fake labels.
Normally a kizuna with a legit label goes for more,sure thing.

NO pulstar loose cart sold for $300:now or you provide a valid sale here for that price or you change the high value on that as it is just comical that way.
I already showed you how the auction you were referring to ended for 42gbp and not for $300 or more.

FTL

Staff member
Neo Alec said:

You should base the quotes on real sales,not your speculation.

Have a look at some of the high quotes you listed in the guide,they are just way off for loose carts nowadays.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
FTL said:
"The prices quoted are based on a used but working (authentic SNK/Playmore) MVS cartridge with an ORIGINAL English or Japanese label, excluding unlicensed/unnofficial and prototype games, of course"

Also:

Pulstar sold for 42GBP.

AHAHAHAHHAHA... FTL complaining about the price guide being off.. christ, I'll be laughing about this for hours.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
FTL said:
Most of the carts yaton sold were with fake labels.
Normally a kizuna with a legit label goes for more,sure thing.

NO pulstar loose cart sold for $300:now or you provide a valid sale here for that price or you change the high value on that as it is just comical that way.
I already showed you how the auction you were referring to ended for 42gbp and not for $300 or more.
Since I bought one with a real label, as shown in the auction, I'm hesitant to change the price just yet. I'll watch it for a while. I think people overestimate the value, since the game is apparently rare as a home cart.

I'll update the Pulstar price.

FTL

Staff member
Neoalec,I respect your efforts and your work.
Point is,a guide would be much more useful for complete kits due to their value for collectors...loose carts rarely will have appeal from a collector's point of view...as a result,many loose carts can go dirty cheap most of the times if you look on ebay.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
FTL said:
Neoalec,I respect your efforts and your work.
Point is,a guide would be much more useful for complete kits due to their value for collectors...loose carts rarely will have appeal from a collector's point of view...as a result,many loose carts can go dirty cheap most of the times if you look on ebay.
The original guide was setup for loose carts. I don't understand why people think they can buy all the games as complete kits. These games were originally owned by arcade operators, and most don't keep all of that stuff. The idea of pricing all games as complete kits is completely foreign to me, and I would be unable to do it. Most people would only be able to imagine how much they would cost. In most cases it's related to the loose cart price, plus a premium for the kit (varies depending on the rarity of a complete kit of the particular game).

The whole reason people buy MVS carts is because of the price. Don't be surprised they're becoming so cheap, because that's the whole point.

Buffi

Zero's Secretary
Quiz: King of Fighters (japan) should be less.
It's a typical 500-1000yen game.

edit: And US windjammers should be higher