MVS Price Guide Updated

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I've updated neo-geo.com's MVS price guide. It was in desperate need of it. I worked with my brother in Japan to try and establish more accurate price quotes. I'm open to any feedback, if you have your own opinions/ideas. This is far from an exact science, and I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel here. It should be much more accurate than it was before, at any rate.

http://www.neo-geo.com/mvs/mvs.html

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
Wow been a while.

Why not elimanate the two listings for all the games. With so many games having fake labels now no one seems to care if the game is US or JPN. It also makes the list hard to read.

Last edited:

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
w00t I got an original label minty pulstar... who wants it for $400???

Nice job on teh price guide Alec. I dont' agree with all of the prices on there, but I'd say its a pretty fair assessment.

-Bill

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
EvilMike said:
Wow been a while.

Why not elimnate the two listings for all the games. With so many games having fake labels now no one seems to care if the game is US or JPN. It also makes the list hard to read.
I agree with that. However, we decided to use the separate listings in a slightly different capacity this time. We took into consideration the availability of the game in Japan.

white castle said:
You missed Pochi and Nyaa.
Thank you.

ulasamosa

Astra Superstar
I agree with BillD and say that it looks like a decent assesment but I do not agree with ALL the prices.....and did I read somewhere that it is your birthday Alec? if so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!.......and thanks for updating the list!

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
Meh at least it's updated. Seems to me a lot are overpriced in some cases[Matrimelee $150], but who am I to say anything.

Last edited:

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
Yes, this is awesome!

Strikers 1945 Plus and TSS are getting so expensive :crying:

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Ruell said:
Meh at least it's updated. Seems to me a lot are overpriced in some cases[Matrimelee $150], but who am I to say anything.
I agree. We got Matrimelee for way less in Japan, but it still seems to go for a lot over here.

I expect Strikers to come down eventually because it's so common. Samurai Special is getting more expensive.

ulasamosa said:
I agree with BillD and say that it looks like a decent assesment but I do not agree with ALL the prices.....and did I read somewhere that it is your birthday Alec? if so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!.......and thanks for updating the list!
Thanks!

If anyone has a specific gripe about a price/rarity, please say so.

ulasamosa

Astra Superstar
since you are asking for constructive critiscism....here is my 2 cents....

Captain Tomaday US - a little high on the "high" price, I'd top out at $85

Magician Lord US - a little low overall I personally, based on times seen here and on ebay, I would put it at $30-$50

Metal Slug 2 US - a little too high on the "high" end. ebay is flooded by sellers where it can be had original with label/serials intact for $29.99

Prehistoric Isle 2 US - this is where I would have to disagree the most on the "low" end. I would have LOVED to find one for $60...for the 3 months I looked nonstop, I came across 4 copies, be it here or on ebay...they were $118.50, $139, $144, and I finally settled on buying one from a wonderful seller here for $125. That was looking at yahoo and ebay auctions every day for 3 months. I would say the absolutele low at $100.

Sengoku 3 US - I would say again low overall...I would put it in the $70-$90 range....anytime it pops up here there are tons of people willing to bite down at around $80ish.

Windjammers US - low overall...it just doesnt pop up that often to warrant the price be that low...I have NEVER seen it for less then $35, but have seen it go as high as $55-60 on multiple occasions.

well thats pretty much my 2 cents on the ones that I am knoweldgeable on.....I don't know enough about the frequency of availability on some others so I shall leave the comments to the vets on here....again, thats my 2 cents......thanks again for making the list current !

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
billd420 said:
w00t I got an original label minty pulstar... who wants it for $400???

Nice job on teh price guide Alec. I dont' agree with all of the prices on there, but I'd say its a pretty fair assessment.

-Bill

Pulstar is really hard to find nowdays. Before I decided to sell my collection, this was one cart I had been looking for for a long time.

@Neo Alec, yeah SSVS is getting more expensive, I've searched numerous sites, and most are out of stock. Coinopexpress has them but they are selling it for $265 now.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
ulasamosa said:
since you are asking for constructive critiscism....here is my 2 cents....

Captain Tomaday US - a little high on the "high" price, I'd top out at $85

Magician Lord US - a little low overall I personally, based on times seen here and on ebay, I would put it at $30-$50

Metal Slug 2 US - a little too high on the "high" end. ebay is flooded by sellers where it can be had original with label/serials intact for $29.99

Prehistoric Isle 2 US - this is where I would have to disagree the most on the "low" end. I would have LOVED to find one for $60...for the 3 months I looked nonstop, I came across 4 copies, be it here or on ebay...they were $118.50, $139, $144, and I finally settled on buying one from a wonderful seller here for $125. That was looking at yahoo and ebay auctions every day for 3 months. I would say the absolutele low at $100.

Sengoku 3 US - I would say again low overall...I would put it in the $70-$90 range....anytime it pops up here there are tons of people willing to bite down at around $80ish.

Windjammers US - low overall...it just doesnt pop up that often to warrant the price be that low...I have NEVER seen it for less then $35, but have seen it go as high as $55-60 on multiple occasions.

well thats pretty much my 2 cents on the ones that I am knoweldgeable on.....I don't know enough about the frequency of availability on some others so I shall leave the comments to the vets on here....again, thats my 2 cents......thanks again for making the list current !
You're right for sure about the Prehistoric Isle 2. I changed it to 70 for the low. I will consider the others you mentioned. Thanks.

Trieu

New Challenger
--

Overall, great job on the guide. Impressively, most are accurate. It's a difficult task and keeping up with market rates is very tough.

Some of the prices though are more suitable for complete MVS Kits. For loose carts, some should be lower. Here are some suggestions:

Rule #5:

5. The prices quoted are based on a used but working (authentic SNK/Playmore) MVS cartridge with an ORIGINAL English or Japanese label.

Diggerman and Super Bubble Pop shouldn't be in there. Those mislead the new members thinking that it's something official (even if you put "unofficial" next to it).

Bang Bead 250 350

Ghostlop: Shouldn't be in there at all, unless you're going to list the TWO prototypes that exists on the market (with one that sold for $3500.00). The range you're listing is for boots, hence not original and shouldn't be on the list to confuse noobs to the MVS market. The same reasoning why Poker Kingdom/Bingo Island shouldn't be listed, because only 1 copy is in circulation to the public.

Irritating Maze 200 300

Matrimelee 60 130 Your price is more in the range for a complete kit.

Twinkle Star Sprites 80 160

V-Liner 200 325

Viewpoint 80 150

The rest of the guide seems to be on target with market prices. You can always find them more or less, but that's what the range is for.

Good stuff though, keep it up.

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
As mentioned in the chatroom, upwards of $400 for MVS Pulstar seems excessive.

kite

n00b
I find 400 itself excessive o_0... Way to overpriced if you ask me.. Same with Bang Bead.. nowadays its just not worth the price anymore.. Theres a guy in a german neo-geo forum wich sits on his Bang Bead for ages and can´t get it sold for 200 Euros because no one wants to pay that much anymore.. I´ve seen 1 Bang Bead going for 60 and 2 Flip Shots going für 40 on ebay not long ago...

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
Typo for sure about Pulstar.
Loose cart can be worth $50 or so.

A full kit will sell for $150-250.

Direct and recent experience.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Re: Pulstar:

Keep in mind, the high price is only based on what there is precedent for, not necessarily what you should pay, or sell for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pulstar-MVS-Sho...ryZ72503QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Trieu said:
Overall, great job on the guide. Impressively, most are accurate. It's a difficult task and keeping up with market rates is very tough.

Some of the prices though are more suitable for complete MVS Kits. For loose carts, some should be lower. Here are some suggestions:

Rule #5:

5. The prices quoted are based on a used but working (authentic SNK/Playmore) MVS cartridge with an ORIGINAL English or Japanese label.

Diggerman and Super Bubble Pop shouldn't be in there. Those mislead the new members thinking that it's something official (even if you put "unofficial" next to it).

Bang Bead 250 350

Ghostlop: Shouldn't be in there at all, unless you're going to list the TWO prototypes that exists on the market (with one that sold for $3500.00). The range you're listing is for boots, hence not original and shouldn't be on the list to confuse noobs to the MVS market. The same reasoning why Poker Kingdom/Bingo Island shouldn't be listed, because only 1 copy is in circulation to the public.

Irritating Maze 200 300

Matrimelee 60 130 Your price is more in the range for a complete kit.

Twinkle Star Sprites 80 160

V-Liner 200 325

Viewpoint 80 150

The rest of the guide seems to be on target with market prices. You can always find them more or less, but that's what the range is for.

Good stuff though, keep it up.
I have to respectfully disagree with all above. The Matrimelee price has already been tweeked. If you can get me an Irritating Maze cart for a different price, tell me all about it.

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
Complete timewaster on Jugg's Pulstar sale tho and shouldn't really be reflected.
But like the man said... Not trying to re-invent the wheel, nice job.

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
Stellaking said:
Complete timewaster on Jugg's Pulstar sale tho and shouldn't really be reflected.

Seconded.
Neoalec:it is pretty clear about Pulstar.
Listing it as $400 is really comical.

aria

Former Moderator
Glad to see the mainpage was updated to reflect the change.

Welcome aboard. Unfortunately, since you're a price guide manager... you're gonna get raped by the members, but it comes with the territory ;)

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'm in agreement with everyone in regards to Pulstar.

I think you put one too many zeroes on the suggested price.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Stellaking said:
It was actually based on another auction that I can't search anymore. However, for the sake of being prudent, I will reduce the high price to around $300, I think. I would never pay that much for it. I bought one with a fake label (proably a relabeled Japanese one) years ago for around $30 or $40.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
Glad to see I wasn't the only one that saw the "High" price for Pulstar in the guide, and thought it needed to be changed. :) Quoting eBay isn't always the best method due to non-paying bidders, n00bs who pay too much, and people who bid on their own auctions.

Last edited:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Neo Alec said:
It was actually based on another auction that I can't search anymore. However, for the sake of being prudent, I will reduce the high price to around $300, I think. I would never pay that much for it. I bought one with a fake label (proably a relabeled Japanese one) years ago for around $30 or $40.

So you're saying yourself that it should be around $40.

I have never seen a Pulstar go for more than $45 or so on MVS, fake label or not.