Hardest KOF boss ever

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Igniz was pretty bad. I didn't have too much trouble with Mukai, but Magaki can go straight to hell.

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
I've never fought Magaki since I don't have that game....I've heard alot of complaints. People make it sound that he's worse than Igniz when they say that he throws invisible like projectiles. What else does he do?

_Exiled_

Overtop Pathfinder
He just spams up your space with projectiles and traps so that you basically can't move >_> I figured a way around it though ;)

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
Really? That must suuuck....congrats on beating him then!

Izanagi

n00b
Mukai is no real trouble, Igniz will allways be a woman to me, a sick saddistic evil woman that won't let you do crap because of his "special" clothes. I have not played XI yet so can't say much about Magaki except he looks..... "special" altough I can tell that pink is his favorite crayon, pink it's like red but not quite.

Mirel

n00b
Best boss ever

I think that Krizalid is the best boss ever 'cause he is almost imbattable on normal difficulty! :crying:

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I can beat ff1 and ff2 (not special though)and ss2 all on level 8 no continues, yet i just been playing kof2001 for the last hour and finally gave up trying to beat Igniz even on 1/3 life hes just a total cheap cunt

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
Rugal '94
Goenitz
Rugal 98UM

I see a lot of talk of Mugaki and Igniz being tough, but I tend to disagee. I've not played 01 or 11 in a while so am going from memory. From what I recall beating Igniz was just a matter of being REALLY patient and not being too reckless.

Mugaki on the other hand is only tough from a distance, once you close close to him he crumbles. Getting close to him isn't easy though.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Magaki is pretty bad. I've beaten him by luck a couple times. I just rolled at the right times and kept close.

Besides Magaki, Igniz was pretty hard. But I've read peoples strategies on how to waste him. Anybody know to beat him WITHOUT the 1 character trick... that'd be impressive?

Last edited:

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Magaki I've only beaten straight up once w/ Kim of all people (I'm decent, but no master). I stayed at mid range. For some reason he didn't activate the pink defensive wall & allowed me to get decent combos on him while not going too far inside. Not sure if I got lucky, but it seemed to make sense once I thought it through.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Personally, I hate the boss in XI but I probably just suck! Unrelated, but NGBC's boss is an asshole as well.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
I think that Krizalid is the best boss ever 'cause he is almost imbattable on normal difficulty! :crying:

I always thought Krizaliz was the easiest boss to beat in any kok.

Just run-jump-CD from the max distance above his Typhoon Rage and you're done. :)

Knatty Dreadnok

Crossed Swords Squire
Orochi was disappointing. SNK would have been better of making Orochi Leona & Iori bosses.

I could never beat Mukai on the arcade cab but for some reason I could take him out no problem on the PS2. Was he way easier on the port or is it just me?

Zoel

New Challenger
I can't really say who's the hardest to beat. Cause i kept getting my ass kicked by them. But i sure do enjoy fighting Goenitz.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Igniz and '94-'95 Rugal are all twats. '95 Rugal is slightly less of a twat but a twat none the less.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Personally, I hate the boss in XI but I probably just suck! Unrelated, but NGBC's boss is an asshole as well.

Goodman (the NGBC) boss was actually really disappointing to me, in terms of difficulty. I saw him and his giant flaming purple gorilla and thought "Ohhhhhhh SHIT.. I'm dead...", but I actually beat the crap out of him on normal difficulty.

BTW: I am NOT, by any standards, a NGBC guru.

Last edited: