Hardest KOF boss ever

_Exiled_

Overtop Pathfinder
I used to think it was Magaki, but I still think Igniz takes the cake as toughest KOF boss ever. Who do you guys feel is the cheapest boss in KOF?

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
I forgot his name, but it's one of the bosses in King of Fighters '03 :blow_top:

derboo

Crazed MVS Addict
I can beat Igniz, i can beat Mukai, but i thing i'll never beat Magaki (without maxed out DM gauge)...

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Igniz has a very bad weakness that can be exploited by anybody who can possibly super jump over his head. He's still a boss in which most of his bar, if not all of his bar, can be taken down by a single character. There's only 1 character without the *ups* to do that jump, and that's K9999. He comes with his own baggage, though.

So Igniz is out because there's a fairly easy to execute, utilitarian way to beat him with every character.

I think the Magaki boss from XI is one of the hardest bosses ever. Though technically, Rugal has had a few doozies in there. Like '94. Mukai is pretty tough, too.

What works with Magaki, though, is that you are given more resources to put some real damage on him. The however is that it requires a new level of skill to pull off the best weapons on him. So he's tougher because he actually, in most character's cases, requires a higher level of player skill to pull off new and improved combinations, to beat him.

Other bosses usually die to good pattern matching and a few good damaging move landings whenever they're open. That is, you don't have to know any of the better-skilled combinations, in full. Just a few good damaging segments. So, in that case, it puts Magaki on a higher pedestal than most appearances. As usual, the command throw monsters (*ahem* Ralf, Clark, Goro, Tizoc) lose out in the lack of extra skill they need to beat a boss. One day, KOF will have a boss that gives them as much trouble.....One day.

Last edited:

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Magaki hands down.

Hmm...now lets see the 'Hardest KOF boss ever'......

.........well what I would like to say is that almost all of them are hard........

..........................BUT.......BUT......(wait...wait......listen to me)....its only a matter of time until we find the weakness in the BOSS....and then that BOSS is not hard anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

_Exiled_

Overtop Pathfinder
There's a tactic I use to defeat Magaki whenever I fight him, so he's really not that hard for me anymore. It'd still hafta be Igniz for me :(

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Post the tactic. Not many people are. In fact, there's still no real faq on a steady technique that takes him out.

_Exiled_

Overtop Pathfinder
All I do after I know him down is short jump him with a low attack and just do a combo after(kinda like Kyo's) and for some reason it works everytime for me :S

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Beat Magaki = somehow get semi close to him, then roll through his pink spamballs then pull off your highest damage combo. If you're using a grappler then roll through them and let him have it. Although on higher settings I've had him pull off that special move in the middle of me doing combo. That's as cheap as cheap can get there.

Rugal in KOF95 has always been the boss that erks me the most. His general cheapness + the high damage factor in that game = he'll have me down in a couple of moves.

EDIT :
http://youtube.com/watch?v=i_PJaQscMbk&search=kofxi

That dude owed his ass there.

Last edited:

RPX

n00b
I wan't to say Magaki but SNK is known to make some of the most all powerfull bosses that will hand you your butt on a silver plater.

Rugal got on my last nerve for a moment until I beat him. Then he went Omega and Lifes was just unfair. Than after find a way to strait own him, It was all good They just wouldn't let him die. Which is kind of a good thing because I did like his character.

Then they bought out Goenitz although he was ungodly cheap I eventualy Smashed on him and enjoyed smashing on him like its was a regulat past time.

When Orochi came out I had little problems putting the hurt on him. The Orochi powered team, PMS Leona and Rapist Iori were way worese than Orochi.

And then there Was Igniz. That guy was the chepest most unforgive boss that put Rugal to shame. He had a single moves that would result in like an 80 hit combo and drain you. Then god help you if he cought you with a special. It was over. I was proud when I beat him.

For the moment I have to go with Magaki untill they make another boss that makes you just hate life.

Another ideal way to beat Magaki

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClEj-TCVjak

epic but that guy got the job done

Last edited:

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
Magaki can be a pain in the ass. His attack patterns are not as predictable as the previous KOF bosses. His transparent fireballs deal big damage. Don't ever jump and attack him when he throws out these transparent fireballs or you are screwed. Those transparent fireballs will slow you down, and he is good at mixing up with the pink fireballs. His pink fireballs can be dodged by running and rolling but you have to be very, very careful. Another thing is that he takes less damage and EVEN lesser damage when he is left with 25% health.

As for the hardest KOF boss, I have to say it's a tie between magaki and 95' rugal.

Last edited:

ray_7

Abasuto said:
Beat Magaki = somehow get semi close to him, then roll through his pink spamballs then pull off your highest damage combo. If you're using a grappler then roll through them and let him have it. Although on higher settings I've had him pull off that special move in the middle of me doing combo. That's as cheap as cheap can get there.

Rugal in KOF95 has always been the boss that erks me the most. His general cheapness + the high damage factor in that game = he'll have me down in a couple of moves.

EDIT :
http://youtube.com/watch?v=i_PJaQscMbk&search=kofxi

That dude owed his ass there.

Holy shit that was amazing...

I beat him once using Iori, always jump C into him as he's about to get up again after being knocked down... work wonders...

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
Igniz the boss at the end of KOF 2001 right and if so I beat him when I used to own the game on AES. :)

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
_Exiled_ said:
I also didn't like Mukai and his "auto-guard" cheapness >_>

Seconed. Mukai was just another reminder of why I hate autoguard.

_Exiled_

Overtop Pathfinder
I tried the tactic to beat Igniz that was posted earlier. But it still won't work for me for some reason :(

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
Igniz was quite unholy.....I can beat Mukai though! Specialy with the hero team.

_Exiled_

Overtop Pathfinder
For some reason Mukai is quite fast. Then his auto-guard comes into play. He's really not that cheap though. I can prob beat him the 3rd time around :D