Out of the ring! I mean scene!

N

Nero6

Hi everyone. I've been out of the arcade scene for quite a while, although I do keep up with emulation. I was looking to get back into it but I had a couple questions.

I see at places like coinopexpress they offer a lot of the games I want (namely fighters), such as the Capcom vs SNK series, SFZ3U, as well as the atomiswave SNK fighters and the Neo-Geo fighters, such as NGBC, KOFXI, and the KOF series on the MVS. Some other games I would like to get would be the naomi Virtua Fighter series. (Hence the thread title)

Now my problem is this. How can I be sure I get the right version for my region? I want to be sure I get the USA english versions of these games (while I understand there are a few exceptions for games that were only made in one region). For example so far I have not seen a KOFXI usa english kit. Now the one on COE says that its a hong kong board. Now is that where it was made? Or the region the game is in? :conf:

-Nero

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
(talking strickly neogeo) the carts are universal but the region of the console makes the game do different stuff.

a simple bios fix will fix it to any region you want. unibios is the best for this fix

Last edited:
N

Nero6

Thank you for explaining how the neo-geo works, your help is greatly appreciated! :D

However I am still concerned about systems such as the Atomiswave and Naomi. How do regions work with these systems? Say I have a USA naomi board, but a japanese naomi game. I imagine this combonation will not work? Or would it?

Thanks again

-Nero

N

Nero6

see, one of the dilemmas I'm having is that I would love to get Virtua Fighter 4: Final Tuned, as well as Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper, for my collection. However from what I understand, these games were both made only in Japan. There's no english variant of these? I know CPS1 and 2 had region switches, is it the same for naomi?

N

Nero6

*bump* anybody know at all? I'm dying to find out if these have english variants. :(