N-G.com beatmania players thread

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
I'd stay away from 8th simply due to the craptastic Expert/Dan course scoring. That little issue kept me from ever playing either mode on 8th (And they really are fun and challenging modes to check your progress, especially with the Dan courses).

Get 7th (It also has an additional Master's Mode, which is a nice twist/something new; and no, you don't have to be a master to enjoy it)! :buttrock:

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Gotenks326 said:
I'd stay away from 8th simply due to the craptastic Expert/Dan course scoring. That little issue kept me from ever playing either mode on 8th (And they really are fun and challenging modes to check your progress, especially with the Dan courses).

Get 7th (It also has an additional Master's Mode, which is a nice twist/something new; and no, you don't have to be a master to enjoy it)! :buttrock:

Oh, hahaha, I don't think I've ever even played an expert course on that. It has Murmur Twins! :drool:

Ajax

15 Year Member
DanAdamKOF said:
BTW, Bad Boy Bass L7 has such a bullshit ending!

I'll agree to that.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
I fucking love Bad Boy Bass. It was the second 7* I ever AA'ed in the arcade. What a great song.

The ending is my favorite part!

Ajax

15 Year Member
qube said:
I fucking love Bad Boy Bass. It was the second 7* I ever AA'ed in the arcade. What a great song.

The ending is my favorite part!

I like it all right. It just took me a long time to get that ending down.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
TV2006070910564900.jpg

TV2006070910511500.jpg

TV2006070910071200.jpg
Without randoms!

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
I haven't touched the US version since I started importing the JP Styles. I just got 9th Style for super cheap last week and been playing it a lot. I love Karma and Jaeger Final Attack! I just got Happy Sky downloaded on my PC, but my USB adapter sucks with the BM controller. It has too much lag. Anyone have any luck with no laggy adapters for PC?

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Kaioh said:
I haven't touched the US version since I started importing the JP Styles. I just got 9th Style for super cheap last week and been playing it a lot. I love Karma and Jaeger Final Attack! I just got Happy Sky downloaded on my PC, but my USB adapter sucks with the BM controller. It has too much lag. Anyone have any luck with no laggy adapters for PC?
I use a "Super Dual Box Pro" with my DDR mats and my beatmania controller with stepmania, and if there's any lag I don't notice it. My scores in stepmania and the arcade are about the same (slightly higher in the arcade) for what it's worth.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I tried colors on beginner and still can't pass, wtf.

Anyway,
TV2006070912162300.jpg
The phone rang and distracted me. I hope the call wasn't important (we don't have Caller ID, just realized that).

TV2006070911551200.jpg
Timing?????????

TV2006070911363200.jpg
Good random, but oww I suck.

TV2006070911321800.jpg
Neat song

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Nice scores Adam. Glad to see you're off beginner DJ KOLL ;)

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
qube said:
Nice scores Adam. Glad to see you're off beginner DJ KOLL ;)
I had this same problem in DDR of staying in beginner for too long. I was lingering for so long in beginner in IIDX (HAPPY NOW, GOTENKS?!) because I haven't passed a few songs (Colors, era, and Snow). Stupid reason I know. In DDR I stayed in beginner for so long because I wanted to work on getting my timing down better (but I was able to move my feet well enough to have gone into Light and some Standard much earlier than I could have).

If leslie ever joins VJA he'll be disappointed that I took his name.

Well, he can be dj ATENHA.

Ajax

15 Year Member
All right, all right. Hold it right there...

How do you play beatmania on your PC? What program do you use? That would be excellent...

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Aaron D said:
All right, all right. Hold it right there...

How do you play beatmania on your PC? What program do you use? That would be excellent...

It's not the same, emulators suck. Stick with the real deal Aaron :cool:

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
qube said:
It's not the same, emulators suck. Stick with the real deal Aaron :cool:

Emulators like MAME aren't too good for BM. You don't have to use emulator for Happy Sky. In case you didn't know, you can run current styles HDD on your PC because they use Windows XP in the arcade.

Last edited:

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Kaioh said:
Emulators like MAME aren't too good for BM. You don't have to use emulator for Happy Sky. In case you didn't know, you can run current styles HDD on your PC because they use Windows XP in the arcade.

Yeah, since 9th Style.

I don't play emus of IIDX though, scores don't count for VJ Army, and I support legit releases only. That way, hopefully, Konami will continue to put them out :)

Ajax

15 Year Member
qube said:
Yeah, since 9th Style.

I don't play emus of IIDX though, scores don't count for VJ Army, and I support legit releases only. That way, hopefully, Konami will continue to put them out :)

Good call.

I don't have a JP PS2 yet, though. If I want a fix, I have to go to my buddy's house. Emulation never takes the place of anything for me. It would just be excellent to play some IIDX that didn't suck. :lolz:

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
Why not just get a fliptop? Or getting only the SwapMagic discs and leaving your PS2 open to swap discs? There's no need to get an expensive JP PS2 and don't let that stop you from importing some IIDX styles.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
DanAdamKOF said:
How long are those sales going to last?
Limited time offer - Grab it now while stocks last!
When stock runs out, it should go back to the normal price. I'd hit it ASAP. And convince your brother that modding your PS2 would be worthwile as he'll be able to play backups (And you'll be able to play imports).

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Those are damn good prices for those games at play-asia. Too bad I already bought both of them. :( I'm still trying to find a cheap 7th and 10th style to buy. I wonder if we'll see a Happy Sky PS2 port before the end of the year...

Ajax

15 Year Member
Gotenks326 said:
Why not just get a fliptop? Or getting only the SwapMagic discs and leaving your PS2 open to swap discs? There's no need to get an expensive JP PS2 and don't let that stop you from importing some IIDX styles.

Let me rephrase, I don't even have a PS2 at all right now. ;)

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Gotenks326 said:
When stock runs out, it should go back to the normal price. I'd hit it ASAP. And convince your brother that modding your PS2 would be worthwile as he'll be able to play backups (And you'll be able to play imports).
I'd like to get it modded, but he won't make use of it being modded at all (and he actually said the other day that he doesn't play his PS2 a lot so he might sell it to me).

And I'm sort of trying to avoid paying like $80 for two games before I know I have enough to spend on it. I gotta build my PC for college first.

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
DanAdamKOF said:
I'd like to get it modded, but he won't make use of it being modded at all (and he actually said the other day that he doesn't play his PS2 a lot so he might sell it to me).

And I'm sort of trying to avoid paying like $80 for two games before I know I have enough to spend on it. I gotta build my PC for college first.
Who says you have to buy both games at the same time? You could just buy one and then get the next one later down the road. Each new style lasts qutie a while until you get completely bored and need another new one.