Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: N-G.com beatmania players thread

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
    Was once known as Aaron D. Oh... You didn't know me then either?

N-G.com beatmania players thread

Just a place to discuss beatmania. Share recent triumphs , experiences, advice, etc. here.

I passed my first 7 on 7 Key yesterday! Monkey Dance! :chimp:
    State of Yo

flaming petrosexual

I gave up on IIDX a couple of months ago...

... and I miss it from time to time...

Petrosexual + Type-Zero + Nanoagenda
    .the beautiful journey

Edo Express Delivery Guy

Well, I'm almost on level 5 songs.

That's about as much of an acomplishment as I'm going to get so far.
    Oh Snap.

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

I gave up a few months ago too. I don't regret buying it though.

Elite - Want me to bring the US version to the gathering so we can play some 2 player?

Pre-Order now to avoid disappointment.

Kyo's Flame
    Sunnyvale, CA http://www.twitch.tv/danadamkof

:-/ I sorta made a thread like this before.

I'd play my US version more often if my younger brother would stop hogging the computer the PS2 is hooked up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron D
    Just a place to discuss beatmania. Share recent triumphs , experiences, advice, etc. here.

I passed my first 7 on 7 Key yesterday! Monkey Dance! :chimp:
    Congrats man, that was my 2nd 7* in the arcade. My first was Last Message.
    When you understand why you dismiss all other gods, you'll understand why I dismiss yours

Quote Originally Posted by qube
    Congrats man, that was my 2nd 7* in the arcade. My first was Last Message.
    Thanks dude. I was pretty excited. That part at the end is kinda tough. I was getting like 30% on it, but I just somehow made myself do it, and by the end of the night I wouldn't dip below 90% throughout the whole song... I'm still pretty excited about it. :chimp:
    State of Yo

Shock Trooper

stupid RED

can't pass Gigadelic, Fake Time, Go Berzerk, or Scorpion Fire

still haven't played through all the Anothers. I have a bad habit of losing interest by the time I get to those now.

BBH's Waste of Bandwidth
    - now with The Super Spy!

Quote Originally Posted by BBH
    stupid RED

can't pass Gigadelic, Fake Time, Go Berzerk, or Scorpion Fire

still haven't played through all the Anothers. I have a bad habit of losing interest by the time I get to those now.
    I haven't played since the second week it came out. I lose interest in IIDX games really quickly now. Maybe when this semester is over I'll play again...maybe not though

At least I broke 500 AAAs before I stopped. Last one I collected was Horizon [7]. That's koll, as Horizon is most probably the best IIDX song ever made...yes BBH, even better than Dune
    When you understand why you dismiss all other gods, you'll understand why I dismiss yours

Can you guys pass Max 300 on 7 Key? That song is out of control...
    State of Yo

whinny little kid
    why r teens so angry
    needs sectz

My latest accomplishments are probably, passing xepher 7k, and coming soo close to fc'ing kecak 7k combo was around 650, and then I missed one. although I was cheater scratching (shift key).
    Quote Originally Posted by GregN
    By this time, I had to piss really bad, my dad was close, but I wouldn't be able to get to a gas station to piss for awhile. What the fuck do I do? I talk to my Dad and said - Why not just go on the side of the road?" "Too risky. I told him. I risk indecent exposure." "Do you have an empty can or bottle." "Yea, I said - an empty coke bottle." "Just use that." Good idea, I thought. I got in the back seat, pissed in the bottle and dumped it on the side of the road.

Kyo's Flame

I guess this is the new beatmania thread. Now that my brother is taking driving lessons, I have time to get on the computer the PS2's hooked up to and play some beatmania, yaay!

I'm starting to wonder if my capture card is throwing off my timing. When I play any other type of game I don't notice any sort of lag, but certain parts of songs in beatmania are making me think that this slight lag is holding me back. Especially when you have stuff like this (Love is Dreaminess, Beginner):

It's all in a row but I'm not getting very many perfects. I can do something as easy as that in DDR and get all perfects, but when I play DDR I play it with Stepmania or in an arcade where there is no lag. This is the worst though (In My Eyes, Beginner):

When there's no sound at all, I get really bad accuracy, since I can't mentally sync the bars to any sort of music.

I guess I'll have to learn to play with the lag. Still, when I see that I have a lot of Greats and Goods (more than Perfects) on an easy song, it's obvious that I'm being thrown off. I know this because when I play DDR on a keyboard or with the beatmania controller I usually get AA's. Like this one:
    (this was with the beatmania controller)

The other big problem I have is that I seem to be getting overwhelmed with tons of stuff on the screen. For example, the first part of Colors (beginner) seems to have too much stuff for me to keep up with, regardless of what HS setting I use (or not using it at all). I guess I just gotta keep practicing a whole lot. I did manage to pass V (beginner) a while ago, if y'all will remember from the old thread, but after trying it about 20 times in a row (no joke).

Basically, I need to work on getting more perfects, and train myself to get better at when there's a huge amount of stuff going on.

On a positive note, I did finally pass this son of a bitch:

That leaves only a few Beginner songs that I haven't passed at all.

The beginning of In My Eyes is a bitch to time on all difficulties. From Beginner to Another. You just have to learn the song and then go by that. It's not to a bass beat or cymbal or anything like that. It's a synth line in the background. Sightreading it doesn't help either.

I love that song, but I hate the early notes, much like Attitude

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan

I'm just getting into the game one Light 7 and I'm only capable of doing songs on lv. 4. If I actually owned the game and was able to get more practice, I could probably move up to higher levels on light 7. I finally passed Mobo Moga on lv. 5 and i'm thinking I got lucky somehow... Oh well.

Shock Trooper

Can you guys pass Max 300 on 7 Key? That song is out of control...
    sure, the second half of the song is easy (or at least a lot easier than the first half)

BBH's Waste of Bandwidth

Kyo's Flame

The video for Love is Dreaminess= What the fuck?!

Speaking of What the fuck?!, http://mybabymama.ytmnd.com DDR Solo (both mixes) have some weird songs

sure, the second half of the song is easy (or at least a lot easier than the first half)
    Kiss my butt. The second half is easy, but I can't come out of the speedup with enough to pass. I need to start playing again so I can try it on RED w/ .5 HS. I'm pretty sure I can pass it if I start playing again.

I hate Max 300. I do love Ryry's vid of it though.

whinny little kid
    why r teens so angry
    needs sectz

you know what i wish i had a bms file of?

strong woman, strong woman, strong woman, strong woman

i love that song.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregN
    By this time, I had to piss really bad, my dad was close, but I wouldn't be able to get to a gas station to piss for awhile. What the fuck do I do? I talk to my Dad and said - Why not just go on the side of the road?" "Too risky. I told him. I risk indecent exposure." "Do you have an empty can or bottle." "Yea, I said - an empty coke bottle." "Just use that." Good idea, I thought. I got in the back seat, pissed in the bottle and dumped it on the side of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Igniz v2
    you know what i wish i had a bms file of?

strong woman, strong woman, strong woman, strong woman

i love that song.
    Or you could just support Konami, and help ensure future releases, by actually buying the games instead of stealing them all

Strong Woman is availible in legit form you know.

Shock Trooper

Kiss my butt.
    sorry

I hate Max 300. I do love Ryry's vid of it though.
    Ryan is insane. Have you seen his new Soliton Beam video?

Or you could just support Konami, and help ensure future releases, by actually buying the games instead of stealing them all

Strong Woman is availible in legit form you know.
    WURD.

BBH's Waste of Bandwidth

Beard of Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by DanAdamKOF
    The video for Love is Dreaminess= What the fuck?!

Speaking of What the fuck?!, http://mybabymama.ytmnd.com DDR Solo (both mixes) have some weird songs
    I hope the new DDR is full of nothing but cheesy rap songs like this.

Ryan is insane. Have you seen his new Soliton Beam video?
    No

Link? I'll look around right now for it.

Man... I'd love to see you and Qube play. You guys sound like you own beatmania...
    State of Yo

Man... I'd love to see you and Qube play. You guys sound like you own beatmania...
    BBH owns me for free

I can only compete on songs that are below 90 bpm apparently, and not overly note heavy.

BBH >>>>> qube at IIDX
    BBH > qube at songs below 90 bpm
    qube > BBH at Strong Woman + Dune

That pretty much sums it up.

EDIT: I decided to play for a few minutes tonight...I suck bad. My only "accomplishment" was AAAing Rok Da World [7] lol
    Last edited by qube; 06-15-2006 at 12:32 AM.

B. Jenet's Firstmate

I stopped playing Beatmania IIDX after 9th style. Now Im playing the MMO game only called DJ Maxx.................Has some good songs and you can battle people. Up to 6 at a time which is tight. Has good music. DJ Max I believe brought out a portable for PSP which is what im going to get once I find me another psp since I sold mine a while back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mVbM...earch=dj%20max <----this is one of my favorite songs on the game. The only problem is its easier for PSP than PC............on the PC is freaking insane.
    Last edited by Greatkiller; 06-15-2006 at 02:06 PM.
    Reference:
    B.I.GPSYCHE, Jennety, Jakks51, Raphash, Harry Hazard, NEOryu, outsider, $hockwave, Mike, NEOFREAK9189, CurtWRX, The Chief, BAOBOY, X-Neo, TeRrACiDe, gmw, Solidus Snake, Neo-Jorge, 2point0, neo-geo 2, rarehero

Thread Information