What arcade stick do you own?

Paik4Life

Armored Scrum Object
Finally have pics of the mods I've been working on. As I said, there is no artwork on any of them...I suck at Photoshop so that will take me a while. I'm also waiting on some parts to put into my Agetecs which is why they are not done. Waiting on yellow parts to go in the red case and blue parts to go into the black case. The two sticks at the end are two custom sticks that I made a long time ago but just sat around until now.

When I'm completely done, I will have side-by-side pics of the stock stick and my completed mod to show all the improvements I've made.

~Paik

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
2 Agetec DC sticks
1 hrap2
1 Tekken 5 Hori
1 hrap1
2 DOA4 sticks (more than likely ill mod the sticks)
2 Neo Geo sticks 2
1 SF Anniversary stick (w/ modded stick)

Will eventually get:
MAS stick for DC/PS2/USB
XArcade (same as mas)

and if somebody can hook me up the SVC Stick. And that should be the end of my collection unless somebody tells me more info on the Virtua Stick. That and the VF5 for PS3 looks sexy...

Paik4Life

Armored Scrum Object
Finally got around to taking pics of ALMOST of all my stick collection:

Yes, there is actually another Virtua Stick Pro in the box for a total of 4. : )

All my ASCII sticks. All have the optical sticks in it.

I say almost because there are at least 5 sticks not pictured including my personal custom stick.

~Paik

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Here, I made them myself from scratch, mommy says I'm spshul!
MVSStickUniversal2copy.jpg

SovietJoystick3.jpg

CPSStickUniversal1.jpg

MVSCP1.jpg

I like old fashion american style parts, HAPPS is my favorite by far.

I have a few other regular sticks, that most people have posted alraedy, but nothing beats making your own.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
The Virtua Stick for PS3 coming out next month, does that compare to the DC Agetec controller's or how's it better or different, other than being on a separate platform?

Paik4Life

Armored Scrum Object
I haven't heard of any official word on what parts it has, but I would guess that at the VERY best it would have a JLF in it, but I'm not even expecting that much. I'm getting one just to see what it's like so I'll let you know when I receive it.

~Paik

califoreigner

Dodgeball Yakuza
i've got an old neo stick, an ss
virtua stick and dc agetec. an
hss0130 on its way from Paik.
plus an hss0136 w/ a wireless
logitech pcb from my man BIG.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
hey paik do you know by any chance where i could get a ASCII stick? for a good price?

let me know, thanx

BTW, recently i bought the Namco stick for PSX, and the Virtua Stick for Xbox. My nephew thinks the namco stick is made out of ice, cause it's freaking cold...

Im thinking of getting the Dual X arcade stick 4 DC next as well as the Virtua Stick and HRAP, Ill see what's up by Thursday.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
2 Neo Geo AES 330 Max Sticks
1 Neo Geo Pro Stick
1 Dreamcast Agetec stick
1 SF 15th Anniversary stick
1 Saturn Virtua Stick
1 Saturn Ascii Stick
1 NES Advantage (the one that started it all! ! !)
Soon to own a Neo Geo Mas Stick

Paik4Life

Armored Scrum Object
jeff bogard said:
hey paik do you know by any chance where i could get a ASCII stick? for a good price?

let me know, thanx

BTW, recently i bought the Namco stick for PSX, and the Virtua Stick for Xbox. My nephew thinks the namco stick is made out of ice, cause it's freaking cold...

Im thinking of getting the Dual X arcade stick 4 DC next as well as the Virtua Stick and HRAP, Ill see what's up by Thursday.

I don't know what you mean by "good" price. And it depends on which one you're looking for and for what console. Even if you buy from Yahoo Japan you're going to end up spending probably close to $70 to $100 with all the fees and shipping for an optical one. I doubt you can find it locally or online. People sometimes throw them up on eBay so you can check there.

Also I have a some Virtua Sticks for Saturn (the original). If you are interested just hit me up.

~Paik

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
although i like the saturn, i really dig the fighters on DC/PS2.

Thanx for recommending me that Virtua Stick on Xbox. Ill let you know what's up when it gets home later this week.

as for the ASCII pads, they seem to be a little hard to come by, Im looking for those on PS2 the SVC Chaos and Guilty Gear ones.... or those designed that way, i don't know if ascii released more without artwork and shit, you know?

Paik4Life

Armored Scrum Object
jeff bogard said:
although i like the saturn, i really dig the fighters on DC/PS2.

Thanx for recommending me that Virtua Stick on Xbox. Ill let you know what's up when it gets home later this week.

as for the ASCII pads, they seem to be a little hard to come by, Im looking for those on PS2 the SVC Chaos and Guilty Gear ones.... or those designed that way, i don't know if ascii released more without artwork and shit, you know?

The SVC ones don't have optical so they will be cheaper. Neither does the GG ones if I recall correctly. The only ones I really know that don't have artwork are the CVS ones for DC. They had the SNK and Capcom versions that were blue/white and yellow/black. I guess you could say the ASCII Stick 3 also doesn't have artwork since it's all black. Those did have optical sticks and thus are more expensive.

~Paik

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Paik4Life said:
The SVC ones don't have optical so they will be cheaper. Neither does the GG ones if I recall correctly. The only ones I really know that don't have artwork are the CVS ones for DC. They had the SNK and Capcom versions that were blue/white and yellow/black. I guess you could say the ASCII Stick 3 also doesn't have artwork since it's all black. Those did have optical sticks and thus are more expensive.

~Paik

do you know where i could buy them online? i've never seen the ones for DC.

thanx bro..

Paik4Life

Armored Scrum Object
I've only seen optical versions on Yahoo Japan every once in a while and non-optical versions sometimes come up on eBay but very very rarely. If you really are serious about getting one, try Yahoo Japan for a while.

As you know, I have like 4 optical versions. I'm not looking to sell any of them but if you're really desperate for one and are willing to spend the money, I might be willing to sell one of mine.

~Paik

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I'm not that desperate right now.

But for some reason, i have a hard time looking for the SVC and guilty gear's for PS2 on ebay.

I haven't tried yahoo auctions japan, and now that i don't have my own connection and I'm using Windows XP, it really doesn't help out either.

Paik4Life

Armored Scrum Object
jeff bogard said:
I'm not that desperate right now.

But for some reason, i have a hard time looking for the SVC and guilty gear's for PS2 on ebay.

I haven't tried yahoo auctions japan, and now that i don't have my own connection and I'm using Windows XP, it really doesn't help out either.

Well there's good reason why you're having a hard time. I don't even know if any of these ASCII sticks were released stateside and even if they were, they were probably in small quantities. I've only seen the GG one on Yahoo Japan once ever. Those that actually know of these sticks probably went through a good deal of work to get them and so they're not readily going to throw them up on eBay.

~Paik

Formation Z

Amusaka's Lacky
I'm gonna have to kick my friend's ass for bugging me to let him borrow my Tekken 5 stick for a tournament. He lost it.

If I could I'd make a homemade PC Engine joystick for SF2CE just for the heck of it

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
electricgave, nice work on that capcom mod, for what system is it?

Tekken 5's aren't that hard to find. If you really want one back, ask people around here, some might be able to hook you up for 1 they bought for 30 bucks or so.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
jeff bogard said:
electricgave, nice work on that capcom mod, for what system is it?

Tekken 5's aren't that hard to find. If you really want one back, ask people around here, some might be able to hook you up for 1 they bought for 30 bucks or so.
Thanks for your praise, the stick is universal is made from scratch, I use a pin cable wich connects to any adaptor I make for whatever console I want. So far I have Saturn, DC, PS1/2, XBOX, Gamecube, PC USB, and of course the Neo.

If anybody is interested I'll post pics of the adaptors and everything in general.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
good stuff man, yeah, show some pics of the connectors, that'd be nice, you knwo...

how much do the sticks weigh?

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
I own a shitty Pelican arcade stick I got from work. It handles horribly and the buttons are too rough. Where can I get GOOD arcade sticks? I want to master Tekken, Virtua Fighter, and MvC2 on the sticks again!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
jeff bogard said:
good stuff man, yeah, show some pics of the connectors, that'd be nice, you knwo...

how much do the sticks weigh?
The sticks weight around 10 lbs give or take a little. I've been doing this for a while so when I started this project I couldn't find much of the DB15 Pins, so I opted for 25 Pin connectors, plus it gave me more flexibility as far as inputs go.

This are just 3 adaptors, I have more, but I think this ones came out nice enough to show.

This is going to be picture heavy so be warned, also if someone wants me to move this to another thread just let me know.

I threw the pics of the pad, because it uses the same adaptors, so what the hell right?