What arcade stick do you own?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
7 buttons to rule them all. That layout you had commissioned from alberto is a lot more comfy for arcsys games than the default Sammy like you said. It means you never have to switch fingers/thumb off the buttons.

brain activity.jpg

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That's awesome chu chu, I'm happy someone gets me...chatpalsz4LF

Hey, I get the folks doing 7 button CPs...it still not ideal for me and I think it takes away from the look of the cab, like them vewlix cabs with the 7 button Cps...all my cabs have CPs for both set ups, 6 and 4, I even have sticks for all set ups. It's worth going with the extra effort when I get so much more out of it this way but to each their own, no one is wrong or right, it's just matter of preference, I just happen to prefer the best way, lol.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I have a Mad Catz Fightstick SFIV T.E. for PS3. The USB controller in it doesn't work on my Raspberry Pi 3 [Linux] computer, and I read people have problems with these specific sticks on Windows machines as well.

Is there any inexpensive drop-in USB controller board I can replace the stock board with? Hopefully with the same (generic?) connection type so I can just pull off all those Sanwa stick/button jumper wires and put it onto the new board? I can solder as well, but this stick was only $50 so I'm not about to jump through all sorts of hoops when I can pickup a compatible stick for maybe $70 off Craigslist. - I would need to confirm that USB controller works on RetroPie on the Pi 3 as well.

I have a standard SFIV fight stick (the smaller white one) and I can use that plug-and-play on Windows no problem.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I have a standard SFIV fight stick (the smaller white one) and I can use that plug-and-play on Windows no problem.

I think it's specifically the larger TE I have (could be wrong though) – I'm on Mac mostly anyway, and just know it doesn't work on my Raspberry Pi 3 with RetroPie which is where I emulate most MAME from (and use these sticks on).

If anybody knows (if I were to replace the TE's controller with the Zero Delay one), how that works with the turbo/stick selection buttons the Mad Catz TE has, please let me know. That's all that's holding me back from ordering the Zero Delay and attempting to do my first controller swap on one of these fightsticks.

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Would have to look at a diagram for the turbo panel. You might be able to just splice the turbos, etc off that panel with corresponding wires from the ZD board. Or you may have to scrape traces and solder directly to the board. Dont have a chance to look into that right now.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Hey AJ, those etokki sticks, do they share the same problem as the Virtua Stick High Grade as in very little room for your palm on the right hand side? What's the measurement between the bottom of the lowest button and the edge of the CP?

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Send me a message tonight to remind me, ill take measurements for you. I like the space on the Omni stick. But switching back to the hrap, the hrap is like a big body Cadillac with a ton of room everywhere lol.

I havent even played on my VSHG yet, i disassembled the whole thing so i can start working on it. Trying to figure out if i can get a LS40 or LS56 in there. The 56 is alot easier to mount in there. Infact its a drop in using the VF plate, problem is its like 3 mm too short. So i can either go to work on the mounting plates, tear them off and weld some bolt thread. Way too much work. Or get a custom made shaft for it. Hoping i can get one of the guys to make me a shaft this week or next week on their free time.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
So I'm going to post the distances from the 3 kick buttons to the end of the corner of the stick where your wrists rest.

VSHG
2", 2.5", 2.25"

Omni
2.5", 3", 2.75"

So the Omni has .5" more room for you wrist across the board lol

Last edited:

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I've just bought some Sanwa buttons for my Venom arcade stick. I bought 4 of them in the MVS red, yellow, green and blue colours, of course.

I was just wondering what you guys would recommend for positioning them? I've mostly been using the stick for SFV, but I am going to position the coloured buttons for KOF XIV use. Is it best to have the red in the bottom left corner and then the other 3 across the top, or all 4 along the top?

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I've just bought some Sanwa buttons for my Venom arcade stick. I bought 4 of them in the MVS red, yellow, green and blue colours, of course.

I was just wondering what you guys would recommend for positioning them? I've mostly been using the stick for SFV, but I am going to position the coloured buttons for KOF XIV use. Is it best to have the red in the bottom left corner and then the other 3 across the top, or all 4 along the top?

I was thinking of making an mvs style stick with a Venom (I wish they'd sell these in the US) after I do Gusmoney's stick. I would just do 4 across, I even color coded the two end buttons on mine for SF anything else gets too confusing for me. My plan is to do four mvs colors across the top and all blacks below.

Also I'm thinking about using a bat top on the mvs stick

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Heres a stick i had sitting in my closet for awhile, put it up for sale. Its the only madcatz joystick ive ever owned. There was actually a limited run on these. Cool thing is there is a kit sold that will combine 2 of them to make one big CP.

vs2.jpgvs1.jpg

vs combo.jpg

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I was thinking of making an mvs style stick with a Venom (I wish they'd sell these in the US) after I do Gusmoney's stick. I would just do 4 across, I even color coded the two end buttons on mine for SF anything else gets too confusing for me. My plan is to do four mvs colors across the top and all blacks below.

Also I'm thinking about using a bat top on the mvs stick

I'm thinking of going with the other option, so the 4 buttons are in a curved shape. I'll put some pics up when it is done and I can always change it if I find it uncomfortable.

Does anyone know where I can find some nice high quality artwork for Fatal Fury or KOF? I am taking the stick apart anyway, so I might as well put some nice art work in there while it's apart.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
lol, the stick case doesnt really show fingerprints, the plexi will show if you are a greasy person lol

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I've been considering getting a PS4. I'll need a stick for it, but god damn, everything from Hori and Mad Catz is butt ugly these days. I wish Hori still made the classic HRAP sticks. Stupid question: Would it be possible to create a wired PS4 stick with some sort of PCB and an empty PS3 HRAP case?

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Would it be possible to create a wired PS4 stick with some sort of PCB and an empty PS3 HRAP case?

You could use one of Brook's Fight Boards to do it. It would be PS3, PS4 and PC compatible. Or, you could get something like the CronusMax Plus converter to connect pretty much any controller to any console, including Xbox One controllers on PS4 and vice versa. If your stick is PS3 compatible, with CronusMax you should be able to use it with PS4, Xbox 360, One, PC and Wii U [in selected games].

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I definitely need to fond a better printer, but I am pretty happy with how this turned out. It will do for now.

20170804_191334_1.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
8 butons are for the weak.

Fake, yes you can install a PCB in any stick, HRAP 1, 2 and 3 is still the best case ever. So anyway, the Brook Universal Fighting board works with; PC, X360, XBOne, PS3, PS4, WiiU and Switch.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
I definitely need to find a better printer, but I am pretty happy with how this turned out. It will do for now.

I'm digging the placement of the stick over Andy's face. Somehow, it reminds me of this:

84484bd109214d5247d8d41cb5a39c76.jpg

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Thanks guys. I already have an HRAP for 360 and a 360 chun li stick so I'd love one of the adapters but won't those cause lag?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Seriously, get away from those converters and get a Brook Universal Fighting Board. About the same price and very little work.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Seriously, get away from those converters and get a Brook Universal Fighting Board. About the same price and very little work.

I'll be the first one to admit that CronusMax Plus operation is far from user friendly, but at the same time, considering what it does, I can't see them solving this differently. Custom mapping for all controllers and games, plus memory slots on the stick itself make it a good converter once you have it set up for what you want to use it with. As for lag, I've seen people using it on PS4, with PS4 controllers, for wired connection, to eliminate "Bluetooth lag". If you don't feel like taking your stick apart and soldering, I'd give this a shot. A versatile converter goes a long way.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
^No soldering required on the Brook, just sayin'.

@ Fake, lmk if you need some help, we can get together and get it done!

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
^No soldering required on the Brook, just sayin'.

Depends on the board. Universal and Audio have screw terminals, but the cheapest one doesn't. Sure, it doesn't support Xbox One and 360, but it's around $35 while Universal is $90. Audio doesn't support Microsoft consoles either, and it's $65. That's a $30 premium for screw terminals, basically. But hey, I too prefer a plug and play controller instead of converters. When I was building my stick, I didn't go for the Brook board because I already had a PS interface and converters I needed. Plus, the only board one should get is the universal one, and that adds a lot to the cost.