What arcade stick do you own?

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
I own serveral Neo-Geo Old style boards, and did build me a picade from www.pimoroni.com.
The picade came with cheap Zippyy stick and Buttons so i did replace em with Seimitsu parts.
Did order me a Neo-Geo x Joyboard for comparsion to the real old style NG ones.

Overall if i need a new arcade stick, i would build me an own with good parts.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
is there a thread with his work? Also would like to see the finger if possible

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
is there a thread with his work? Also would like to see the finger if possible

He cut his finger while working on a stick and after that he stopped building sticks for people. I think he had his own thread over here.

I had one of his sticks but sold it.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Im thinking of picking up a Jasen Custom Arcade Stick Version 3, but I have a question. Does undamned's usb decoder to db15 neo geo play with it nicely?

More specifically, the brooks universal fighting board. I like having my top three buttons be ABC, and 2nd row first button being D due to how it is on my arcade cabinet. This would be used on superguns/Neo Geo AES and was just wondering what peoples experiences with it were.

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
He cut his finger while working on a stick and after that he stopped building sticks for people. I think he had his own thread over here.

I had one of his sticks but sold it.
Ill have to look for a thread when i have time. Like checking out ppls work.

Im thinking of picking up a Jasen Custom Arcade Stick Version 3, but I have a question. Does undamned's usb decoder to db15 neo geo play with it nicely?

More specifically, the brooks universal fighting board. I like having my top three buttons be ABC, and 2nd row first button being D due to how it is on my arcade cabinet. This would be used on superguns/Neo Geo AES and was just wondering what peoples experiences with it were.
I dont own that stick but all my sticks have the UFB in them. my friend made a converter box for the windycity supergun since that supergun has a funky pinout for fighters. The box used the undamn board and it worked fine. So i would assume the db15 enclosure would work out too. My suggestion is to just have him set it up with a standard 6 or 8 button layout and whenever you use the undamn board you can map your buttons no problem. Its very handy actually. Cool thing about the undamned is it capable of reading ps3/ps4/360/xboxone sticks after the latest update. Hope that answers what you were asking. Also, id go ahead and ask jansen if he happens to have any chthulhu MC boards he can throw in there too. Might as well get some legacy compatibility while your at it

Edit- Will aka Gtron has the undamned db15's, you may want to pm him about it playing well with the MVS/AES, i remember him posting that he liked the Undamned better than the brooks neo converter.

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
Yeah he is out of Toodles - Multi-Console Cthulhu. Not sure why he says it might have problems with pc/ps3. Hows the lag on the mc cthulhu, I can't really find any concrete information?. It probably varies a little between consoles I would assume. Is it possible to dual mod with a brooks fighting board?

http://www.jasenscustoms.com/mc-cthulhu
http://www.jasenscustoms.com/panzer-fight-stick-3

the fightstick I plan to pick up is the DIY kit with brooks board pre-soldered, all you gotta do is put it together and provide buttons+stick. Creating artwork later will be fun but I need to brainstorm some ideas. This Akuma picture is something that I would love to incorporate into my custom artwork.

latest

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
So there are 4 cthulhu boards
ps3 only - original by toodles
MC- Also by Toodles (ps3/MC have same shape boards)
PAS MC- This is the one that was being sold by paradise arcade shop. Its being assembled in house. Looks just like the 2 above board wise)
Jansen MC- different board, has dimensions similar to the brooks ufb

So all the one sold by toodles have no issue. Jansens version something happened during creation or assembly not sure, but it causes issues with the ps3 side of the board. IF you are going to combine it with a UFB its not a problem since current and last gen usb will be feeding off the UFB and not the MC.

PAS MC- So i know acouple of guys that are in the loop with the shop owner. And their are reports of the pas having random issues, its not across the board. But alot of stick modders have also told me the same. Not exactly sure what the problem is. I know my pas acts funny sometime when using it on dc, i just have to unplug it and plug it back in and it seems to fix the issue. It could be my cable though idk.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
IMHO that's a lot of money, mind as well get a VLX at that point.

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member

Those do look pretty cool as well DJ and real nice for ease of access. How do the hayabusa joystick/kuro buttons stack up against Sanwa/Seimetsu? From this site they seem to lag a little bit, but it could depend upon which one you have. There are a few models i've looked up, but some of the ones tested here were a little high compared to others.

http://www.teyah.net/sticklag/results.html

In any case, I like the Jasen's one more a little bit more.

Thanks for the tips AJ, I pm'd Jasen to see what is up with that as he currently doesn't have those in stock. Maybe he plans to fix the design flaw with toodles.

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Theres also this guy making some nice metal sticks. He seems to be the guy to go to for custom cps too. Apprantly you can message him a request and he can usually make it for you .
http://allfightsticks.com/

Those do look pretty cool as well DJ and real nice for ease of access. From this site they seem to lag a little bit, which if you use with a converter might push you over the 1 frame+ mark easily but ymmv.

http://www.teyah.net/sticklag/results.html

In any case, I like the Jasen's one more a little bit more.

Thanks for the tips AJ, I pm'd Jasen to see what is up with that as he currently doesn't have those in stock. Maybe he plans to fix the design flaw with toodles.
I believe after jansen sold his last batch hes wasnt going to make any more. But do let us know what he says when you message him

So my package from Japan finally came in. Got some new projects for myself.

vshg.jpg

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
Nice finds, those Virtua Stick High Grades look awesome.

But yeah got back from him

The first batch of MC Cthulhus were defective and I was unable to work it out with Toodles to correct the issue. The final stock will be available with a deep discount when I return from deployment in Fall 2017. Corrected MC Cthulhus are not going to be pursued further.

Kinda sucks but whatever. I have a Hori EX2 I'll probably put one in and mod. The four plastic things that screw the joystick in broke off clean.

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
thats a small joystick, but sounds like you will have to dremel the mounting surface flat where the mounts broke off and you ill have drill holes in cp and use carriage bolts

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I've always wanted one. Got me the Tekken 3 stick, same base, 4 buttons Tekken layout. There's something to be said about playing games with just the right button layout. 8 buttons...lol.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I have a Mad Catz Fightstick SFIV T.E. for PS3. The USB controller in it doesn't work on my Raspberry Pi 3 [Linux] computer, and I read people have problems with these specific sticks on Windows machines as well.

Is there any inexpensive drop-in USB controller board I can replace the stock board with? Hopefully with the same (generic?) connection type so I can just pull off all those Sanwa stick/button jumper wires and put it onto the new board? I can solder as well, but this stick was only $50 so I'm not about to jump through all sorts of hoops when I can pickup a compatible stick for maybe $70 off Craigslist. - I would need to confirm that USB controller works on RetroPie on the Pi 3 as well.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy

That looks good, and cheap! Thanks. It should also be automatically recognized by my Raspberry Pi as a PS3 controller which would be good too (I'll google this exact controller with Retropie some more though).

Are the .110" connector's it uses industry-standard? I.e. they're the same exact ones my Mad Catz uses so it's literally plug and play?

What do I do with the built in PS3 control panel on the top of my stick where you can choose if the stick is the D-Pad or the left or right analog stick; along with setting up turbo? The Zero delay refers to those, but do I literally just plug those specific leads into the existing control panel and it'll work the same way? (as in I can use the slider switch to choose between stick mode, and activate turbo the same way as before?).

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I've always wanted one. Got me the Tekken 3 stick, same base, 4 buttons Tekken layout. There's something to be said about playing games with just the right button layout. 8 buttons...lol.

There are games that uses 8 buttons though...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
There are games that uses 8 buttons though...

Then have one for that as opposed to all of them.

IMHO having the right button layout makes it way more fun and in a strange way it makes it more "intimate" you know, you are playing the game not the hardware or around it.

Take for instance, my Guilty Gear Ascii PS2 stick finally kicked, loved that stick for GG, it's excellent, so now that the PCB is dead (I dunno why, rather sad) I'm gonna set a Brook in there for XRDrev2, it's gonna be awesome, it even has a taunt button, plays great!

guitly_gear_xx_stick_alone_big.jpg

However...I have to admit I've played GG on a 8 button stick and it's very comfy to just lay the 4 buttons on top accordingly and rest your thumb on the 1st button of the bottom row as your 5th button. With that in mind I had alberto make me a 5 button CP for my NAC and EII to reflect this layout. 5 button GG setup with the best possible layout. I dunno why Sammy never opted for a button layout like that instead of the conventional one.