What arcade stick do you own?

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Thanks everyone! The graphic doesn't pop as much as I'd like it too, so I may adjust it and print it again on GIMP, or I'm thinking of getting a vinyl print of it done.

AJ: I may do a stick for Gusmoney as well and I'll probably order the transparent buttons for his stick because he requested that too, I kind of prefer the solid colors myself (I actually made the last two buttons on the end black after I posted this), but you're right it will definitely show the text more.

Just my 2 cents: Move the PP logo below the buttons and pick a different Neo Geo (horizontal) logo to use. Nice work regardless.

Also, the transparent Sanwa buttons have a different feel to them than the solids. They feel cheaper. I'm not a fan personally.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Also, the transparent Sanwa buttons have a different feel to them than the solids. They feel cheaper. I'm not a fan personally.

Is that so? I dont use Sanwa so I wasnt aware of that. But if im going clear i go seimitsu ps14kns, feel and look good

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
hss-0130_girl.jpg

I'm rocking the SEGA HSS-0130 "SEGA Virtua Stick Pro". She's a big beauty, and it was the inspiration to finally pick up a candy cabinet, but I do still use the SEGA stick on my second setup and with MAME via Mayflash USB converter.

One of these days I am going to buy a 1-player panel from 'alberto1225' for this so I can have a huge fight and shmup stick. One thing I'm always looking for are high quality scans of move-strips to go in this stick, and my cabinet. I usually wind-up making my own because there is not a great resource out there yet.

I do also have 2x Analogue Interactive Walnut sticks which I like quite a bit. The reason I like them is not only because they are quality sticks, but they looks lie a fine piece of furniture, which even non-gamers can appreciate.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I've heard horrible things about those analogue sticks, wood splitting and what have you.

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
I've heard horrible things about those analogue sticks, wood splitting and what have you.

I've had mine since 2012, and with heavy play with kids and adults have not seen any defects of the sort you mention. I feel bad for folks with broken sticks, but mine are pretty sweet.

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
But you get hot glue inside of it. Totally worth it.

You should see the inside of my NAC. It's pretty gross, but the gameplay is just fine. The good news is that I only ever see the outside.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Guys have any cool creative ideas to display/store your arcade sticks? Maybe a wallmount way?

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
So what's the deal with the new HORI Real Arcade Pro N Hayabusa arcade stick? I thought Play Asia had a run of them, and they seem to be up for August 15 pre-order on Amazon? Any better than the available-now HORI Real Arcade Pro.V Kai?

I have 3x of the Mad Katz Fightstick Pro's (Xbox 360 and PS3 versions I got from Craigslist for cheap), so I would like to try another model similar to those (and even though $150 is pushing it for the Hori's...but if it's better...might be worth to try one out).

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I like the stick but that start button cover is a dumb design. Also too bad it's 8 buttons, I love that Gold and black CPO.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Guys have any cool creative ideas to display/store your arcade sticks? Maybe a wallmount way?

Not the prettiest, but I've been using this small shelf I found at a thrift store:

48e1bd16bc825c4f7f64d6ae5baf1fdf.jpg

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I like the stick but that start button cover is a dumb design. Also too bad it's 8 buttons, I love that Gold and black CPO.

Yeah, im not a fan of the button cutout, just put a damn tournament lock on there instead of that. I have to be used to 8 buttons sticks, its the standard.

Good news, my VSHG should be coming from Japan in acouple of weeks. Cant fkn wait!

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
good if you dont have cats or kids

And any dust in the air whatsoever. I seriously can't look at things displayed like this. I know I wouldn't be using all of those sticks, just my favourite one, and the rest would have to be dusted regularly. Or I would have to get an industrial air purifier.

Speaking of arcade sticks, here's mine:

ArcadeStickMordenAS1_14.jpg

It's built in an unorthodox way, to say the least, but it was my first attempt ever, and I pretty much figured everything out as I went along. The only thing I used a template for was the button layout.

I did do a write-up of my work. Unfortunately, it's not in english, but Google Translate does a surprisingly good job of translating it, even though some sentences say the exact opposite of what I originally wrote. Here's a short video of it in action.

I do own other sticks, but since I built this one, I've been using it a lot. It turned out better than expected, even though it can't compare to some of the "homemade" sticks I've seen online.

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA, modded with a breakout connector I built to connect to various pad hack boxes im building :glee:

Playing with a Jasens Customs Panzer 2.0 .... it's built like a tank! There's no way I can travel with it. So I take a TE2 when that happens.