What arcade stick do you own?

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Looking to get my first arcade stick in the coming weeks. What do you all recommend? This would be for PS4.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
Looking to get my first arcade stick in the coming weeks. What do you all recommend? This would be for PS4.

Lots of options out there, and you should start working backwards through this thread. Personally, I love my Jasen's Customs Panzer Fight Stick 3, and Windy Gaming's (cdamn here on the forum) Project: Fierce on Kickstarter looks great too:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?270653-I-made-a-new-thing-(new-fightstick-coming-out
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2023118355/project-fierce?ref=nav_search

J-P

NEST Puppet
All-in-all I'm very happy with this set-up, and I can now connect these sticks to PSX, PS2, Saturn, Gamecube, OG Xbox, TurboGrafx, NES, SNES, Xbone, X360, PS4, PS3, Wii U and PC. :buttrock:

Holy crapola. I've been living under a fucking rock with my stick hoarding habits. I have a Quanba QRAF Q4. Which i'm going to have to have a go modding...

I also have neo sticks x 2, saturn Virtua (HSS-036) x 2, a weird Hori Arcade VF' for the saturn and some bean sticks... These could all live happily in a cupboard after doing this and save a wodge of space.

Gonna hunt me down some Brooks and parts.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I owned an analogue interactive wooden NEO膝EO stick, but I sold it on eBay because I thought it was overpriced and kind of.... shit

Now I just own those cute "bean" controllers for my AES

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I owned an analogue interactive wooden NEOè†￾EO stick, but I sold it on eBay because I thought it was overpriced and kind of.... shit

Now I just own those cute "bean" controllers for my AES

The inside probably looked like this, although to a lesser extent. Chris is still training under Drakon as his protege afterall.

1199px-Drakonmod1.jpg

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
what the hell am i looking at?!? i keep thinking its a snes mini but i just cant tell....is it a top loader?

honestly that thing looks horrific and awesome at the same time.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
dlCpitH.jpgZmu9o5d.jpgjcMoGew.jpg

First arcade sticks I've ever owned. Both Mad Catz. One is a Street Fighter X Tekken Fightstick Pro, the other is a SFIV Tournament Edition - both for PS3.

The original owner did SFIV competitions all over the place and before he sold them he put brand new parts in: joysticks are Sanwa JLF, and the buttons are Sanwa OBSF. I have no clue if those are good but they're working very well for me.

...now if I could only get the SFIV one working on my Raspberry Pi 3 (seems to be a bitch...had it working for a couple hours then never again which is strange...works fine on my PS3 of course...).

Last edited:

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I'm thinking of finally giving Street Fighter V a go, but I can't play Street Fighter with the standard pad. Any advice on a good, but not expensive, stick for the PS4? I've been looking around, but the only ones I seem to find stock of here in the UK are the Mad Catz Alpha and the official Sony stick.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I'm thinking of finally giving Street Fighter V a go, but I can't play Street Fighter with the standard pad. Any advice on a good, but not expensive, stick for the PS4? I've been looking around, but the only ones I seem to find stock of here in the UK are the Mad Catz Alpha and the official Sony stick.

I've been reading threads on other sites about people buying Venom arcade sticks for PS4 and modding them. Seems like they can be modded fairly easily. They only sell them in the UK to begin with, but they look like they sell for $75-$100 on ebay at least, the company's website has a list of UK retailers, if you're interested and don't want to go that route.

Here are some posts about modding them
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/195434/venom-arcade-stick-ps4-ps3

I have a viewlix for ps4, but I was thinking of customizing one for a two player stick and one for a friend as well.

Last edited:

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member

Don't bother. The game's trash.
Mundane Fighter V where everyone does the same shit and there's no real creativity in playing a character. Plus ambiguous opportunities (unless you've studied frame data), and no real defensive style play. Capcom touted accessibility and honest fighting when they announced V, but the game has turned into 50/50 mixup city and same same combo boredom. SF4 is stil more fun and accessible.

If you want a fun new fighter, play the new Tekken 7. It's a blast. I started playing it yesterday and it's been a hellava lot of fun. Much more than SFV right from the get-go.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
These are my sticks i own, i think i have couple others in storage somewhere.
20150926_173359_zps7drsjgvw.JPG

My VLX
20160220_183550_zps8bollu7j.jpg

This is my main stick i currently use when going to gatherings.
20170302_205057_zpsspiwrksl.jpg

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
So is it safe to say that getting a Hori RAP 4 is a good, solid first fightstick?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
So is it safe to say that getting a Hori RAP 4 is a good, solid first fightstick?

The cheaper version of the HRAP4 im not too impress with, if you just want one stick upgrade to the VLX. The VLX is the closest thing to playing on an arcade cab. Its heavy though, so if you plan to go to gatherings & tournaments keep that in mind.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Nice sticks chump, I like the 6 button setups. 8 buttons are for the weak.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I've been reading threads on other sites about people buying Venom arcade sticks for PS4 and modding them. Seems like they can be modded fairly easily. They only sell them in the UK to begin with, but they look like they sell for $75-$100 on ebay at least, the company's website has a list of UK retailers, if you're interested and don't want to go that route.

Here are some posts about modding them
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/195434/venom-arcade-stick-ps4-ps3

I have a viewlix for ps4, but I was thinking of customizing one for a two player stick and one for a friend as well.

Thanks, I was actually looking at this one. I'm not much of a modder, but I might read up on how it performs out of the box.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Newest addition is finally complete. Just got back from Vegas and my plexi was waiting for me. Big shout out to EJM (srk) for the custom sexy black plexi. I'm loving this stick alot. Next on the list is Virtua Stick High Grade and acouple OG Namco Sticks.

Etokki Omni Joystick (Korean Edition)
-Brook UFB
-MC Cthulhu
-Black EMJ 6 Button Plexi With Etching
-Seimitsu LS-32-01
-EX Gear Balltop
-Sanwa Oversized Dustwasher
-Kowal Octogate (eww, right?)
-Seimitsu PS-14-KN Buttons
-Seimitsu PS-14-DN Buttons