What arcade stick do you own?

lions3

Igniz's Servent
this seems like a good place to ask.

What's the common size for custom sticks these days? height x width x depth? Are most people doing the 6 button curved layout? Where you putting the start, select, and ps4/xbone buttons? on the top panel or sides? I haven't make one in 4 or 5 years. If you've seen some of my other threads... you know where this is leading :)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I used to build them real big, 10 x 15 which is nice and comfy but the footprint is a beasty. I wouldn't mind building a smally but I'd like at least 4" between the buttons and the stick. I prefer having at least the start button on top, I actually like having both, select/coin/ and start on top of the CP, 6 buttons NAC style and any extras on the panel next to the wiring and stuff, preferably them small buttons 9mm. I'd also like to build a biggin, VLX style, total pimp royal state footprint, lol.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
You talking about this button layout, minus the right 2 buttons? or the 2nd image (supposedly it's the 2nd player layout on the sega cp's)

sega1_s.png

sega2_s.png

EG, if there's another button layout image I can reference please let me know. Post here or PM. thanks man.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Lions, #1 is better, specially if you're gonna do SNK 4 button on a row sometimes...better arch...and yes no last 2 buttons, some folks like it but I hate 8/7 buttons.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Lions, #1 is better, specially if you're gonna do SNK 4 button on a row sometimes...better arch...and yes no last 2 buttons, some folks like it but I hate 8/7 buttons.
I agree.

But I'd always put start/select/home on the back of the stick (so the "side" farthest away from you) to have them out of the way. And I'm not into giant footprints, medium is just right for me. Slanted can be nice, experiment with that to see if you like it (although I imagine it will be hard to do with acryl?).

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I like all sizes. Right now I'd like to use those 9mm LED metal buttons, they're super cool and classy. Could go on top or side, dunno which way I'd like to go yet for some HRAP T5 sticks I'm working on.

s-l400.jpg

lions3

Igniz's Servent
I agree.

But I'd always put start/select/home on the back of the stick (so the "side" farthest away from you) to have them out of the way. And I'm not into giant footprints, medium is just right for me. Slanted can be nice, experiment with that to see if you like it (although I imagine it will be hard to do with acryl?).

Yeah, after the other week playing Fightcade on my current stick I'm seriously thinking those buttons are going on the back. I hit the home button a few times in my mad attempt to not loose. haha.

So what's a medium sized stick? My current one is is overall 17x11.5 inches with a hori style 8 button layout. A pic of it is on one of the previous pages in this thread.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think 11" x 17" is big, just like my 10"x15" cp that's encased in a 3/4" framebox, so over all 15"x17" Tabloid size is a good size stick. 8" x 12" is a nicer mid size and then you can go smaller still but I wouldn't want to. I'd like to go with a 10" x 24" Start button to the right of the 6 action buttons and then a row a mini buttons above the stick for the other stuff, keep it all in the CP and make it super boss looking, like a champ, smack that start button!

lions3

Igniz's Servent
yeah, I dig the viewlix 1player cp. Love that start button position. Just don't think I want an even wider controller. I'll have to start mocking up some designs for something around the 8x12 size.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
This is what im throwing in one of my T5 sticks im working on. Its a LS56, but if you notice the clear plates in the middle i installed tje Kowal short throw mod. Adds 6mm to the stick to shorten the throw. The ls56 is a pretty good stick, I have to see how it performs with this mod. Stiff spring and short throw sounds pretty great. We will see. Ill be ordering a 6 button plexi minus the start/select buttons. I want to go with a mountaindew theme for artwork. Gotta see if anyone can help me with that. Im excited to get this going, but im in the process of doing the hardest part of the t5 mod, getting ALL the adhesive off the cp. Id rather grind down button tabs all day than this shit. lol

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
This is what im throwing in one of my T5 sticks im working on. Its a LS56, but if you notice the clear plates in the middle i installed tje Kowal short throw mod. Adds 6mm to the stick to shorten the throw. The ls56 is a pretty good stick, I have to see how it performs with this mod. Stiff spring and short throw sounds pretty great. We will see. Ill be ordering a 6 button plexi minus the start/select buttons. I want to go with a mountaindew theme for artwork. Gotta see if anyone can help me with that. Im excited to get this going, but im in the process of doing the hardest part of the t5 mod, getting ALL the adhesive off the cp. Id rather grind down button tabs all day than this shit. lol

Just buy a 6 button panel for it and print the art on vinyl from GameOnGraphix. If you pm me an idea of what youre looking for art wise, I can help you out.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Just buy a 6 button panel for it and print the art on vinyl from GameOnGraphix. If you pm me an idea of what youre looking for art wise, I can help you out.

I like using arts plexi's due to the fact i can always change color scheme and artwork if I ever want to. Which doesnt happen often cause im lazy af. lol
I really havent thought about exactly what i want. But I def want the green KN buttons to pop. I also want to have MountainDewFKR added on there somewhere in a cool font in MD green. Other than that im pretty open, not trying to have some piece of crazy art, just something that is me.

something simple like this with some creative adjustments would probably work.

maxresdefault.jpg

this is the pdf template for the t5
http://tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/downloads/Art Hobbies HRAP1 and T5 Template.psd

i would like to delete the turbo panel, keep the last 6 buttons, delete the start/select buttons and delete the 2 middle screw holes

If anyone is able to help me id really appreciate it.
thanks

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I like using arts plexi's due to the fact i can always change color scheme and artwork if I ever want to. Which doesnt happen often cause im lazy af. lol
I really havent thought about exactly what i want. But I def want the green KN buttons to pop. I also want to have MountainDewFKR added on there somewhere in a cool font in MD green. Other than that im pretty open, not trying to have some piece of crazy art, just something that is me.

something simple like this with some creative adjustments would probably work.

View attachment 35013

this is the pdf template for the t5
http://tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/downloads/Art Hobbies HRAP1 and T5 Template.psd

i would like to delete the turbo panel, keep the last 6 buttons, delete the start/select buttons and delete the 2 middle screw holes

If anyone is able to help me id really appreciate it.
thanks

I'll whip something up this afternoon when it's slow. I'll let you know.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

AMP is not cutting anymore...:(, at least I got me 3 CPs for my T5 sticks, 2 6 buttons and 1 4 buttons, legit!

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
sample-800x486.jpg

Did that up quick. Still gotta work on the shading and such. I don't like the logo dead center, it cuts off too much under the dust washer and buttons. I replaced the brick with something better looking. If you want to tweak the position of anything let me know. I can work on it more tomorrow.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Believe me, if he was still cutting panels id have a 6 button noir made with a quickness. I actually talked to the Angel, the guy from AMP. Said hes pretty much dead in the water for now as far as producing anything at the moment. Hope his situation changes hes a cool guy that does great work.

edit- Deception- It looks cool, not sure how it will look if you move the logo down just alittle. But i see what you mean about the dustcover covering it up. Ill let you do your thing when you have time.
thanks

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh that's way and above the call of duty, hell yeah!

Edit:...and a sweet leaf...gotta have that too son! SRK represent!

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh man...revelations here...I wanna have a legend etched on the plexi...SUP SON.