What arcade stick do you own?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
As in the Hori Kai 150 USD Amazon Stick? Just a Hori made stick with Omron microswitches. I know there's another one, the one in red, maybe that one is different. The one I'm talking about is the Black and Gray art one. It's an OK stick, you can replace the actuator plate for something lese if you prefer, just a little modding, nothing difficult.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Hayabusa is the name of the actual joystick. The buttons are called Kuro buttons. They feel very similar to a square gate JLF.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Anyone out there that has that Analogue Interactive Neo stick, is the joystick an easy swap for a Sanwa if I don't like the Seimitsu? I know certain models swap out no problem, but I'm not sure which baseplate AI uses.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
My Brook Universal board came in yesterday, ordered this thing friday evening and it came really fast, wasnt expecting it. Threw this in one of my T5 sticks and made 2 extra holes for Track pad and L3. Just have acouple of adjustment before i can take it out for a spin tonight lol

Went cheap on the parts, checked out focus attack, but for some reason pink and violet stuff was cheaper on eBay. So I went with that. I think I have right about $120.00 in this since I went pink on eBay. About 65 for the case, $40 in the joystick, ball-top, buttons, wires etc.. and $15.00 I think for the breakout board.

Just a word of advice to future buyers, there has been a string of bootleg sanwas going around on ebay. You can tell they are bootleg when you press them, they dont dont push as far down and have more resistance .
Cool little stick though.

So where does Hayabusa (what Horii is using for the $150 stick), come in comparison to Sanwa and Semitsu?
My friend has had one for about 3 months and ive played on it from time to time. My verdict is...... its loose butthole. Once its broken in it feels too loose, when it was new it felty pretty decent. But i would def take a stock jlf over this.If you dont know me, I dont have much love for the jlf. I love Hori but the hayabusa and the kuro just dont do it for me. Its better than the knock off stuff they were using previously though.

Last edited:

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
One of Jutman22 / Justin's - I'd seen pics of this on the Shumps forum, & by pure chance found it for sale some years later.

It's a DC stick, with a built-in VMU, & heavy as fuck !! There's a YT vid on build...

Last edited:

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
Anyone out there that has that Analogue Interactive Neo stick, is the joystick an easy swap for a Sanwa if I don't like the Seimitsu?

You'd need some washers or spacers to get the Sanwa JLF mounted at the correct height.

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
I have two Hori Fightstick 3s. I used to think they were great.
Then I got a Neo Candy 25 cab, and I put Sanwa OBSF30 buttons and knockoff Seimitsu LS-32 joysticks in it.
The Hori Fightsticks don't feel as great anymore.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Once you get spoiled it's hard to go back. I prefer JLF over seimitsu but that's just a matter of preference, although I consider the JLF to have a better build, the seimitsu LS32 has its qualities.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Even though i prefer seimitsu, i will admit that the jlf has a better quality build. The gate alone is a prime example. Plus the plastic seimitsu uses is softer. opened up my stick and there was fine plastic dust underneath the stick. Despite that, its my go to stick.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I have two Hori Fightstick 3s. I used to think they were great.
Then I got a Neo Candy 25 cab, and I put Sanwa OBSF30 buttons and knockoff Seimitsu LS-32 joysticks in it.
The Hori Fightsticks don't feel as great anymore.
So mod your Horis...

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
So I bought a Razer Atrox, hopefully I will receive it later this week and I'll post impressions and pics.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Once you get spoiled it's hard to go back. I prefer JLF over seimitsu but that's just a matter of preference, although I consider the JLF to have a better build, the seimitsu LS32 has its qualities.

I'm not really that crazy about the stock. Jlf but what's so great is that they are so customizable. I can take a regular jlf and make it my ultimate sick for $6 in parts.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
So mod your Horis...

I agree, if its the FS3 its a tight space to work but ive modded so many of those. Its pretty easy to get the jlf in there. You can either use the shaft off the hori stick or use the the jlf but you will have to grind down the bottom of the shaft where the slot for a screwdriver is until it clears the bottom plate. Grinding down the button hole tabs is the hardest part, which isnt hard. its a pretty straight forward mod. jlf, ls56 and possibly the hayabusa(wasnt around when i was modding these) will fit. too small for ls32 stick....cause is like 2 inches too shallow

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm not really that crazy about the stock. Jlf but what's so great is that they are so customizable. I can take a regular jlf and make it my ultimate sick for $6 in parts.

I'm fine with the stock parts, I do prefer the octagonal gate, that's about all I need. For that "tuffer" return to center spring I rather go to a Super IL HAPP, that's my favorite, you can't stop me on Magical Drop 3 on that thing, monstrous! Anyway, the way I see it there are plenty of sticks I love for different reasons but my two favs, JLF and Super. I do have a soft spot for JLW, square gate is awesome with the thicker shaft, oval gate for the thin shaft, it works great, too bad sanwa doesn't make them anymore, same for the IL Super since it's a HAPP design.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
I havent used it yet, just got it today.

GKWNjzavBo7dLb9Afv1nMQEbmaplwLxrapEhpn2otR_YA-5ozLfu05hn0v9UDFzZspbn53OuvfU2E0cr6aIDm4YFa1cwh-dPT3b040OJ7owfiTSh6H-Yoyoomy2flRXqPyypQ1g7FG80D-VHwavABm49WovfvhaHX-RLUpTaXVpVxd2nqXXPlU2n4eiTi2Nk9h8g4bM6r_WtspD7WlahQoUqFOutc6eUFXIwRsVhHESzBHI0q7eujP4WQWwlGO1YA_LvMj5vA7SCVk1_huLiOe4TsSgxgsIB5Xzi781MLuzq-xU72WJ5atoXnwVf5LY8MlYkviOG2gdt6bnGzY2dhJsER6fQfT9VMBCTwDunrqy33z1GwylC0femb3awEp4KmkrOiGOdHc3UkD1bebQhlMWbTVrLSdwnjaMay-_byDp0ecB_Krz6Lsn0uQmtaD-nkxQi157SmtZ7ihtpsjYbrsiwUQ4bcw3FSaiDZwa2l3q1GOwAbu_7pzMBumAu4G3R-qY5hg6iQWIcu6McMcIThBjUbQBVN5gvcH0BbrR4JfRDv2ok9LT8SRr8gKuUQBbkv9EbeQ=w1034-h775-no

rgtgLD-Bn8LXcPXr79pwsx1AdM4Q7BnRac7eGu0FbbHHo-Jm1KYYKGf7BlKZn0csWTayJPNCnQwaL4m2BmJ3VvlNxt-f9WGFFpRO5qnE0NPytSlWExRfbCXIfwXTf-CcmDB74reMDuVKY78LER6E3JxwtO4dnc7T1B3qx9e7hfuPvGgUDTtPXaRxGFx2LrFyMr11Gg0x_-4WtHye5nQ8JqNlukP7o9stcY0tEvjfi6tuMQEuFsALtWoy_YPgQ0xtRC37LL2O7MyyWFstkVCX0SB4C3TyBgxKxvjTmivCEsa3KJZoC0m_j8vkoLTF_yc2Jq4CanO4bJ5nn4FGISa9G1LVpGjhYFoINWsmttJ561CUfxrc6AbYRNpnSA6wz3HlF3TlRCHtF19ATYs-dEax8f9yTrlPrpx0GiTBDXQLU_xXKnTeu4am9ZUrDVaP1EL9nC6SuJSAYBzYG4qvj6WVam5lPKsKuWq3fx2om5-fhAUFlTeuNEGgp-j9ep9Li-5PZ3jtVR4OdyMppy57fvyu6BYvd-ir3JbJ4Jc16m2Saks-M4kOOFFWULNP_crC1VCFcy1_OA=w582-h775-no

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Looks like a good stick, I've never use them nor seen them in person.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Cool looking stick. Never used one either but i know ppl were talking shit about razor after what happend at the Last evo grandfinals for USF4. Ppl were blaming razor even though they said it wasnt the sticks fault.
Not talking bad about your stick or anything, its just what comes to mind when i see the stick.

Last edited:

erock

n00b
I loved the Sega Virtua Stick High Grade (JFL stock) but I just got a Hori Rap4 (swapped in JFL & sanwa buttons) for PC/Ps4 and it feels great.