What arcade stick do you own?

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Are you talking about the sanwa RG series? I haven't tried them due to costing more and I'm happy with the seimitsu buttons. I have heard they are good. But not as many suppliers carry them. I order all my stuff from focus for the most part.

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
The only really good stick I own is the Dreamcast arcade stick, and boy, it is amazing.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
For a first party stick, it's really good.

As a joystick it's.. not great.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Still decent enough but yeah, upgrade the parts and let the good times roll, I like that base a lot. 6 Buttons, Legit.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Yeah, it was a good stick, really easy to mod and getting a ls32 in one of those wasn't bad at all. Hardest thing was to get a plexis back when I modded afew of those

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I just ordered an enclosure from them about a week and a half ago. Getting antsy as all my parts are here, and I am currently controller-less. How long did it take to get yours?

My order took 16 calendar days to arrive because it's a custom neo geo configuration. Art had gave me that time of 10-14 days + 1 day extra for custom button layout, which I think it's reasonable.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I thought about getting one, but im a Seimitsu man for life , and last time i checked art was only catering to the Coca Cola of sticks the JLF

His standard case fits a LS 40 with a RE plate from focus attack because it's what I am using now, I am not sure about the rest of the seimitsu joysticks

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
86 bucks just for the case, which includes custom color plexi and laser etching. He didn't charge extra for the custom neo button layout, which is a pleasant surprise.

That's a good deal, how do you like the weight of the case? I should have asked earlier.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
His standard case fits a LS 40 with a RE plate from focus attack because it's what I am using now, I am not sure about the rest of the seimitsu joysticks

Really? Must've changed it since the last time. Do you know what height your stick is sitting at? From cp to top of joystick shaft before the ball threading?
If it fits ls40 it should fit ls32/38. Same bodies

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Hey AJ, thanks for the heads up, just got a couple of brooks underway, dumb ass that I am was so eager I forgot to order a couple of short USB A/B cables, lol...I'll get the rest of the goodies later or might siwng by Needham Electronics, they have all that stuff handy.

Just upgraded my Tekken 5 six axis Bluetooth backwards compatible stick to a little gift sent to me by one of my pals at shmups...

View attachment 34141View attachment 34142View attachment 34143View attachment 34144

View attachment 34146View attachment 34147

Pardon the horrible quality of the iphone photos...lol.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Thanks man. What was free was just the Black Plexi, it's the same T5 stick from the other pics.

I'll just leave the order as is, I already spent 250 or so, got me a couple of JLFs and some button plugs as well for other sticks that need to be dealth with, lol. 8 Buttons are for noobs/scrubs.

I was thinking of just jumping cables to the screw terminal of the PS360+, Opt2not did it this way and he said it worked great. Some Rj45 mounts and I'm all set. I'm gonna look else where to see what they have for them. I've seen some really cool ones, if not I'll come back to focus attack and make another order.

Edit: As you noticed I did use a long USB A/B cable on the six axis adapter and I can do that again, I just like the clean look of the shorter cables.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Finally got my new stick together.... kinda. Small setback. But it's functional. I went with one of those tek-innovation cases. It feels a bit flemsy, but I play light anyway, so I should be good. Went cheap on the parts, checked out focus attack, but for some reason pink and violet stuff was cheaper on eBay. So I went with that. I think I have right about $120.00 in this since I went pink on eBay. About 65 for the case, $40 in the joystick, ball-top, buttons, wires etc.. and $15.00 I think for the breakout board.

Definitely kept things simple and cheap as possible. And have yet to get my art work in there. I am thinking of going with a samurai shodown 3 insert style art with the cherry blossoms to match the buttons. I went with an 8 button setup for flexibility, in case I get into street fighter, or guilty gear again.

There's a small issue though, the wire hole is like 3mm wide, can't fit shit through there, a ear-pick barely fits. If I try and cut this plexi, i'm sure I will break it, cause i'm a dumb ass with this shit. I may try and take it to the hardware store tomorrow and see what they can do.

It's definitely going to take some getting use to. Used happs stuff for so long. I love the buttons, but miss my teardrop medium stick. I like the extra tension, and larger area to grab onto.

Here are some pics thus far, and a pic of the balltop that will be mine if it ever comes back in stock!

003_1.jpg

002_1.jpg

001_1.jpg

https://www.focusattack.com/bi-color-balltop-violet-blue/

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Looks cool...when you said the TEK case was flimsy and it was 65 (which I think it's a decent price if it's built well) my first thought was; Could have gotten a Tekken 5 stick...you would have been happier with the end result.

Edit: I suggest get a small file and make the hole bigger if you are scared of power tools or just make the hole bigger with a high speed drill. You could also just drill a bigger new hole so you're not afraid of cracking the plexi. Maybe you ought to get one of them Neo extensions, the black wire is thinner it prolly could work without drilling or making the hole much bigger?

Last edited:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I paid a shitload for a Custom Beast's Fury FoeHammer stick and they never came through. Never got a stick or a refund. :(

I don't blame FoeHammer, the stick was a commision through the Beasts Fury team.

Mine would have looked totally different Color and artwise, but apparently came through for some people.

Last edited:

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
So where does Hayabusa (what Horii is using for the $150 stick), come in comparison to Sanwa and Semitsu?