What arcade stick do you own?

CarlosZ

Mickey's Coach
those are nice, next time he has one available, im just gonna offer him $160 lol

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
As for the Street Fighter Anniversary stick, I use it on PS2 and Xbox, and it has never worked consistently on either one. In some cases I can't get two fireballs to come out in a row, and I know I'm making the correct motion. This seems consitent with the reviews, as Gamespot gave it a 7 out of 10 complaining of the joystick being "sticky", while IGN gave it a 9 out of 10. And still another website commented that stick was "stiff", and to not expect to be able to pull off a fast double quarter circle motion or 360 motion. So judging from the mixed reaction the build quality wasn't very consistent with these, and I would say spend you money elsewhere unless your want to give it a mod.

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
I'm using a Pelican Real Arcade stick (v2) that's been basically gutted and modded with a Happ Competition stick and Competition (convex) buttons.

The stick was damn near useless before I did that and the stock buttons felt hollow and cheap.

However, I generally prefer my old-style AES stick to the rebuilt one.

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
I have the 360 MAS and its a solid stick, yep its a bit odd at first as there is no "click" and you spend more time watching the input rather than the screen.

I did read on site about one with poor build quailty, best to order from Vinh...
Both the ones I picked up were fine.

That turbo feature cuts the work regards Pulstar & etc
But it should have been lit... Forget its on half the time.

Those Byrdo sticks tho... :drool_2:

CarlosZ

Mickey's Coach
caleb1883 said:
As for the Street Fighter Anniversary stick, I use it on PS2 and Xbox, and it has never worked consistently on either one. In some cases I can't get two fireballs to come out in a row, and I know I'm making the correct motion. This seems consitent with the reviews, as Gamespot gave it a 7 out of 10 complaining of the joystick being "sticky", while IGN gave it a 9 out of 10. And still another website commented that stick was "stiff", and to not expect to be able to pull off a fast double quarter circle motion or 360 motion. So judging from the mixed reaction the build quality wasn't very consistent with these, and I would say spend you money elsewhere unless your want to give it a mod.

No man, SFAC stick is terrible, you can mod it though :)

I had a SFAC stick and I never really liked it, it was ok for third strike but gay for kof and hyper street fighter

J. Max

judas,
I've got far too many arcade sticks...

-HRAP2 modded with Sanwa buttons (I like the square gate)

-Himuragames custom wireless Sanwa stick/buttons (Made from a Nubytech wireless stick. This thing is awesome. Works with PC/PS2/Xbox.)

-MAS Neo Geo Stick

-Slikstik Custom for PC (based on their "classic model". All Happs components.)

-2 C&H Happs sticks for SNES (I got them for $5/piece!)

-Blaze Twin Shock, which I'm modding with Sanwa parts.

If you get a custom stick, get it made with PS2 connectors. You can get adaptors from Tototek that will let them work with just about any system that way...

JammaGuy

Previously I-d-o-s-k-8
A homeade desktop - s0-say big red stick, that is for you mv1

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
Yes, I've decided the Street Fighter stick officially sucks. At first I thought it was because I've only recently gotten back into playing 2d fighters, and thought I was a little sloppy on the moves. But now that I'm back in, playing with MAS Happ competition sticks on my MVS, I know the stick blows. I can repeadetly and consitently pull off moves with the HAPP stick, but not with the Street Fighter stick. Comaparing the two last night, the Street Fighter stick is not only bad, its REALLY BAD. Please advise and stay away from the Street Fighter Anniversary stick.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I just got a Tekken 5 Hori stick today, and I have to say that it is a very cool stick. Its much bigger and heavier than I thought it would be when I bought it. I also should say that its very smooth.

A question though, I was looking at the HRAP2 stick's pictures online, and I noticed that they look a lot like the Tekken 5 stick - the tekken characters. Are these the same sticks just dressed differently?

Also, how easy would it be to mod with Sanwa stick/buttons? Would it be worth the effort, it already plays really well; just short of perfect I'd say.

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
I read somewhere that the Tekken stick is the same as the HRAP. Also, has anyone purchased, or had any insight on these custom byrdo sticks? www.Byrdo.org. Check them out, they look amazing.

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
caleb1883 said:
I read somewhere that the Tekken stick is the same as the HRAP.

They're similar but not quite the same as the HRAP2. The US Tekken stick doesn't have a Sanwa stick, but I believe the JPN Tekken stick does.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
galfordo said:
They're similar but not quite the same as the HRAP2. The US Tekken stick doesn't have a Sanwa stick, but I believe the JPN Tekken stick does.
Thank you, that means it should be very easy to swap.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager

zapatistab

alec said:
Wait, you painted the buttons? How does the paint hold up?

I used a coat of clear, but I noticed one button recently has chipped paint. It's small, but enough to notice. So I wouldn't say it's full proof. I will probably take a sharpie to cover it up. It's that small.

The start and select buttons were also painted, and because they don't receive the same abuse, I am sure the paint will last forever.

J. Max

judas,
alec said:
Thank you, that means it should be very easy to swap.

The Tekken sticks don't have quick disconnects...

And Byrdo Sticks are teh sechs!

BTW, you can get the Street Fighter Anniversary Sticks with Genuine Happs components, but he's out of stock at the moment. Much better with real parts.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
i need to get myselfe a good ps2 stick like the rap2 or some custom shit. for the neo i got the oldstyle stick and the hori stick, dont remember if its the 1 or 2.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
J. Max said:
The Tekken sticks don't have quick disconnects...
Oh well, its pretty cool as it is already. Still haven't opened it yet, but I think I'll do it now just to check it out.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Whoa now, they must have really not wanted me to be fiddling around back here. I opened the metal back and I see nothing but black plastic. Tekken stick stays as it is.

TWE

Zero's Secretary
I just ordered a Hori Fighting Stick Neo (original, not II) for the Neo-geo (actually, to use with my supergun). Anyone used one of these? It looked pretty good, here's a pic:

hori_boxed.jpg

zapatistab

TWE said:
I just ordered a Hori Fighting Stick Neo (original, not II) for the Neo-geo (actually, to use with my supergun). Anyone used one of these? It looked pretty good, here's a pic:

hori_boxed.jpg

Persoanlly I think it's the best over the counter stick for the NEO GEO. Unless you prefer american parts then a MAS NEO Stick is good.