What arcade stick do you own?

KOFcollector

Stakes Winner
What do you guys think of these sticks?

http://rosecoloredgaming.com/joi-stix.html

The guy charges close to $300 for the full featured ones, I've been eyeing that SNES and Victor Saturn one for quite some time now but Jesus that price tag....

The sticks looks pretty cool, I'm not sure what to say about the price, it looks little expensive for a single joystick, the design is really good with the touch of controllers in the top, not mentioned that many of them are out of stock...

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
The sticks looks pretty cool, I'm not sure what to say about the price, it looks little expensive for a single joystick, the design is really good with the touch of controllers in the top, not mentioned that many of them are out of stock...

Oh yeah, this guy that runs the place does nothing but limited runs of the stuff everyone wants. I think it's kind of lame how quick his stuff sells out, but what do I know?

I currently own a few sticks-

Hori HRAP V5 (PS3/PS4) Bone stock except for a 4lb tension spring
Hori Fighting Edge (PS3) Sanwa silent buttons, Crown 303 lever with a myongshin fanta rubber grommet and lighter microswitches
Hori V3-SA (PS3)- Kowal actuator, 4lb tension spring, and silent Sanwa buttons.
Hori VLX Kuro- Sanwa buttons, stock Hori Hayabusa lever with a 4lb tension spring.
Mad Catz SE (PS3)- my first stick after not playing fighting games for 10 years. Stock and unused.
Dreamcast MAS stick - Happ Optical stick, seimitsu buttons. This thing was my boo from 99 to about 05 when I stopped playing FG's.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Heres my sweet Tournament Edition stick and some of the fighting games I Like to use it on, don't get me wrong its pretty killer on shmups also.

IMG_6268.jpg

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
When I'm not playing on my cab, I'm using a Tatsunoko vs. Capcom stick for 6-button fighters with as well as play some Neo at work without using a Neo Geo X.

I plan on swapping out the buttons with silenced Sanwas, replace the stock stick with a Seimitsu LS-38 and drop in a Mayflash Wii Classic Controller Adapter For PC to get a USB connection and stop having to pair it via bluetooth and draining a set of AAs every few days.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
I currently own a SSF4 TE 360 stick but thinking about selling it for a Hrap 4. I want a stick that is capable of playing on the ps4 incase I want to travel to gatherings this year for street fighter.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
For Wii/WiiU
Horii Fighting Stick Wii, works not only for VC titles, but also for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on WiiU
And the Gamecube Controller Adapter for Smashies.

XBox 360:
I do have the SF IV Arcade Stick which... is not as good as the other one I have
The Tekken 6 Arcade Stick.

Randomsense

New Challenger
The only current fighting stick I own is the MK Tournament Edition. I do like it but I really need to get a standard 6 button one of these days.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Neo Geo: MAS Arcade Stick
Xbox: Street Fighter 15th Anniversary Stick, modded with iL parts
Dreamcast: Stock Arcade Stick that's dying to be modded

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Here's my set I built earlier this year. OKW enclosures, Seimitsu (LS-40's) & buttons.

BodyHammeR

I quoted Rot., He Went in DRY!
Neo Geo: The Original
PS/PS2: Hori RAP (used on Dreamcast as well, using ems total control thing)
Xbox/NGC/PC: X-Arcade 2P (have not used it in ages, so it currently resides at one of my mates, where it's actually used)

Frenetic

New Challenger
SFIV Fight Stick
2x Sigma 9000TB
Hori Real Arcade Pro 2
Hori Real Arcade Pro 2 - SA (Coming soon!)

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Here's my set I built earlier this year. OKW enclosures, Seimitsu (LS-40's) & buttons.

that is sweet man.if i could be bothered to learn how to make an arcade stick,i would probably have about twenty of then sitting on my shelves lol.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Just finished a stick for my supergun that Xian Xi built me recently (AWESOME piece of hardware btw). Foe Hammer enclosure, seimitsu clear buttons, Sanwa stick, etc. I've got an early day, but I'll try and post some pics tomorrow.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Finally got some pictures of my stick. This was my first custom stick, and I think it came out pretty good. Foe Hammer built the enclosure, and I did all of the artwork/wiring.

DPCameron

n00b
Pretty good? That's amazing!

I've only recently thought about doing something like this, but in my mind it looks more cardboardy, with a lot more sticky tape.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Pretty good? That's amazing!

I've only recently thought about doing something like this, but in my mind it looks more cardboardy, with a lot more sticky tape.

Thanks for the compliment! I'm still getting used to the stick, as it feels a little different than the sticks/buttons I have in my Egret. Its still a Sanwa stick, but I went with an oversized actuator which I would highly recommend, especially for shooters. I even tried a heavier spring but didn't like it and went back to the stock spring. The seimitsu buttons I like, but I think I prefer the Sanwas. I wish there was a way to use Sanwa microswitches with the Seimitsus.

Reaperman

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I finished up a decent neo controller for the 2nd player today. The first stick I've ever completely rewired. It started life as a cheapo 'Redoctane' ps1 unit, which only had 4 action buttons for some weird reason. (labeled guard, a, b, and kick)

Because chucking an anime girl on it wouldn't have made me look enough like a hipster douche, I went for Lando-beer.

It's still a little rough around the edges, thanks mostly to the poorly designed case, but putting any more effort into the thing wouldn't really pay off.

before/after's of insides, and outsides

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I love it! Sounds like it was a Soul Blade stick in it's former life.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Nothing fancy, but this is my custom stick:

7E1QdJK.jpg

It's a Qanba Q1 PS3 arcade stick that I gutted the joystick/buttons/wiring from, leaving just the start button and top mini-button pcb stock.
I installed a Seimitsu LS-56 joystick with Seimitsu LS 58 SE Flat Mounting Plate P=40 and an Octagonal Plate. I prefer Seimitsu push buttons as I play a lot of puzzle games and shmups, so I used 8 of those. In order to get the Seimitsu buttons to fit, I had to sand the outside of each button some using a dermel. Everything is wired to a DB25 plug, which I hook to a Cthulhu or PS360 or directly to my supergun.