What arcade stick do you own?

Martinov

Geese's Thug
Dubdubdub: Are those red or vermillion Sanwa buttons/balltop in your Neo Geo Stick?

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Martinov said:
Dubdubdub: Are those red or vermillion Sanwa buttons/balltop in your Neo Geo Stick?

24mm red sawna buttons (fit perfectly). I requested a red balltop when ordering from Himura, but it seems to be a shade lighter than red so perhaps it is "vermillion"?

Martinov

Geese's Thug
Yeah, I noticed the balltop was slightly lighter than the buttons. I got a red Sanwa balltop, but it's slightly darker than the red buttons, lol. I'll try and go all vermillion next time, as it looks pretty damn cool on the HRAP2s.

CarlosZ

Mickey's Coach
hey anyone know what an optical 360 blah blah blah joystick feels like? Is it more precise?

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
anybody own a hori stick?

i heard they were alright.

anybody care to expand on it.....

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
Let's see if I can remember all of 'em...

Hori Fighting Stick SS (Saturn)
Hori SoulCalibur 2 Stick (PS2, two)
ASCII DC Stick (Dreamcast)
some PSOne stick, dunno who its by
SNK 'old-style' stick (Neo)
some Genny stick by Sega

and the two built into my Supergun.

-Tech

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
I have a Pelikan arcade stick, but it's been modded with Happ buttons and joystick.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
I have a Hori Fighting Stick II for neo. It's actually a pretty nice stick given it's age and wear.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Are MAS sticks 360? Or do they have defined octagon corners?

Seen here:

27497.jpg

Martinov

Geese's Thug
Not sure how comparable it is, but I have a HRAP1 that no longer has Hori buttons in it. The Sanwa stick inside felt a little eccentric compared to what I was used to, as it has a wide throw and it can be hard feeling out the directions at first (you hear but can't feel the click of the microswitches as the stick hits each direction), but once you get used to it it really is a terrific stick, exceptionally good for 3D fighters and fairly good for 2D fighters too. As for the Hori stock buttons that came with it, they're fairly good, but I prefer looser buttons personally, so I switched them for Sanwas. Most people won't have a problem with them, I expect. The actual case is sturdy, but the mirrored surface of the HRAP1 scratches easily. Maybe better to get the slightly more expensive HRAP2 which has a normal surface.

CarlosZ

Mickey's Coach
Violent Ryo said:
Are MAS sticks 360? Or do they have defined octagon corners?

Seen here:

27497.jpg

I have THAT stick, its awesome but now im wondering how good an optical 360 is... You can upgrade the stick into a 360

Anyone ever tried an optical?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
ive got an MAS stick with an optical 360 stick in it, but i sold my MAS supergun years ago, and the jack ass at MAS wired my controllers up with DB-25 pin connectors. the stick has sat in my display cabinet, unused for nearly 3 years now. pisses me off every time i sit down to play my AES, i want to try out the MAS stick with it so badly. :oh_no:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I have a Namco Fighting Stick (PS2)
Dreamcast Arcade Stick (agetek i guess)
Saturn Stick
X-Arcade Dual with Xbox adapter

I usually just have my Namco Stick on my PC the rest are stored away.

CarlosZ

Mickey's Coach
i heard the Arcade X brand was terrible, something about lag. cuervo, true?

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
here's mine:

X arcade (double)
namco ps1 stick modded by me with sanwa parts and neo cable to fit my supergun
agetec dreamcast stick modded by me with sanwa parts and neo cable
hori tekken5 (the one with sanwa parts) for ps2

waiting for a new one with sanwa parts or a cabinet

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
I have:
ps1 MAS stick
two HRAP2
old style neo stick
new style neo stick
ps2 version of the neo stick

My MAS stick is pretty old, bought it for $50 bucks off of a friend back in 96. Worked fine, until SFA3 came along for the ps1, character would move back and forth on his own (mroe like jitter back and forth). Stick also would not work with any ps2 fighter, or on the pc with a parallel / usb adapter. But it works fine on the dreamcast with an adapter. The laminated overlay started coming off from one side. I have been wanting to sac a ps1 controller to make that thing work with all games and get a plexiglass overlay done. One of these days...

HRAP2's are pretty nice, but buttons are pretty crappy. Since I have 2, I want to do one with sanwa buttons and the other with seimitsu.

Right now my fav is the new style neo stick. Compact, good stick, good buttons. I think it'll remain my fav until I switch out the hori buttons in the hrap2.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Violent Ryo said:
Where did u get the MAS? and got a pic?

Are joysticks on normal quality US cabinets MAS sticks?
You can buy them quicker if you order them through Arcade Shock. They sell a 6-button version to which feels better then the 8-button version.

As for me "PS2 only"
US RAP Tekken stick
RAP 2
Sammy SVC stick for the PS2 "SNK version"
Pelican universal

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Anyone know of a guide to replace the stick and buttons on a HRAP2? Im thinking of getting one sometime next month and want to see if I can figure it out.

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
CarlosZ said:

Those are garbage. I bought one and attempted to mod it and they have these SUPER CHEAP sticks in there. They are nowhere near the same as Sanwa/Seimitsu.

I can definitely vouch for the Pelican Arcade Stick but ONLY FOR THE XBOX. DO NOT USE IT FOR PS2.

The SF2A stick is ok but their PCB lags on the Xbox for some reason(the ones I have played on). I bought another Pelican and used the guts in that one and put them in my SFA stick. Worked out great!

986Picture_112.jpg

986Picture_113.jpg

986Picture_122.jpg

My Pelican Stick
986Picture_105.jpg

986Picture_123.jpg

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
CarlosZ said:
What if you use it for just ps2 and not xbox? :cool:

It was reported that some people had bad ports after using it on their PS2's.

Since I never use my PS2 and only my Xbox I had zero problems. I thought about trying it on my PS1 but decided not to.

It's a great stick and performs flawlessly for Xbox. Very easy to mod too