What arcade stick do you own?

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
We had both at the last gathering when we had a Karnovs Revenge tourney. Dont waste your money on the Brook adapter. I love brook but the Undamned db15 is so much easier to use and way more versatile since you can use it on superguns and what not.

We were playing Karnovs so if you want a standard 2 x 2 setup you have to do all this weird stuff to get it configured. Undamned just hold the 3 punch buttons when plugging it in, hold until light flashes then hit the buttons you want to config.
For example
Karnovs/Neo Game you would hit in this order what buttons you want to be A, B, C, D

for a capcom fighter you will hit the buttons in this order LP,MP,HP,LK,MK,HK

Both dont hold your setting when you unplug, so anytime somebody wanted to use their stick with the brook took forever to configure. Then we just picked the stick everyone could agree to and made that the stick that is used on player 2 side with brook adapter. It was a headache. I luckily I had brought my undamned, ordered another one so that will never happen again

Last edited:

fdasta0079

n00b
Damn, that sounds way easier. I remember sitting there for a half-hour punching in weird button combos on two sticks just to play Last Blade with a decent config. And it would default the settings after a reset!

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Exactly, using undamned and a new player/stick average time to config is 5 seconds lol

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I used to own an analogue interactive joystick till I realized it was an overpriced piece hunk of wood.... hunk of HYPE... sold it on eBay... now I just have two “bean” AES sticks...

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Finally finished a personal mod ive been holding off on due to life. Did a custom ls40 install on this bad boy. I had to mod the ls40 shaft and a jlf extender to get proper mounting height. Also had to drill original mounting plate and secure stick with longs screws. That was the hardest part of this mod. The second being that there isnt much space inside these sticks to work with.
For those that may not know, Sanwa JLF is the only stick that mounts up correctly in this case, it was made for the jlf. Ive installed a LS56 for Razo and now a LS40 for myself.

Sega Virtua Stick High Grade
-LS40 joystick
-Custom shaft/extender MOD
-LS38 spring
-Kori Smoke Balltop
-PS14G / PS14DNK buttons
-Dyed top buttons
-Brooks UFB/MC Chuthlu Boards
-Neutrik Jacks

vshg1.jpg
vshg2.jpg
vshg 2.2.jpg
vshg5.jpg
vshg4.jpg
vshg3.jpg
shaft.jpg

neomeo

New Challenger
I have the special Edition Madcatz Street Fighter x Tekken developed by Daigo one. I think Razer makes good sticks. I feel right now it's all about Qanba. I do like the Hori Vewlix, amazing amazing. Still I am a pad player. I am glad that pad players are not frowned upon these days.

-SD-

Camel Slug
I finally got around to installing the new buttons, blanks and balltop I’ve had sat here into my HRAP4 Kai... This is my main stick I use for PS3, Supergun and Neo•Geo via a Brook adapter.

trKN00E.jpg

Shiny, isn’t it....

Last edited:

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
collapse tags for images not an option?
yeah, not strictly arcade in the sense the joystick wa RIPPED out of a dashboard.
just a dreamcast joystick and a logic3 arcade stick for psx.
buttons nowhere near as smooth as the dc tombstone joystick. :D
plus an old 3button w/rapid buttons saitek for megadrive/amiga/atariST.

RoboArmy

n00b
This has been my #1 lately, before getting the Neo Geo:

3uq3Upk.jpg

Not looking to win EVO, I just prefer the American style.

Since the Neo Geo is so new to me, I've just been sticking to the stock AES stick, I have to say I like it a lot.

J-P

NEST Puppet
Haven't seen a MAS for a long time - and I haven't used a bat-top arcade stick in aeons; would be nice to try though, I might mod one up in the near future.

I just rebuilt / re-wired this thing with some Sanwa OBSF24's - horrible wiring job though, will use quick-disconnects next time.
rewire.jpg

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Can't post a pic but I recently built a rotary stick out of a Sigma TB9000. I raised the whole enclosure up about 2 1/4" to clear the large rotary sensor on the bottom. Made the raised enclosure panels out of 1/8" thick aluminum, added a male DB-15 for the rotary kick harness. Used stainless steel M3 button hex head bolts all around. Turned out really nice wish I could post some pics of it, goddamn photobucket p.o.s.

Last edited:

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Haven't seen a MAS for a long time - and I haven't used a bat-top arcade stick in aeons; would be nice to try though, I might mod one up in the near future.

I just rebuilt / re-wired this thing with some Sanwa OBSF24's - horrible wiring job though, will use quick-disconnects next time.
View attachment 49521

Hnnnnnng that thing is so pretty though!!

I regret selling my analogue interactive AES stick. Oh well, it was an overpriced piece of crap anyway

Macab0ne

n00b
MAS stick is awesome! I had one...almost 20 years ago. Should have hung on to it, they are the closest you can get to playing on actual arcade cabinet. Just don't drop it on your foot.

Beckett

n00b

View attachment 49521

Nice, they look like Seimitsu buttons. How are the OBSF24's?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
just a bunch of old style sticks. Never use the control pad anymore. Not since the early 2000s.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I have a customised Hori that I out fitted with a Sanwa JLF with octo gate and some Seimitsu buttons.

J-P

NEST Puppet
Beckett - I tried Seimitsu's but they seemed to only press when you got them dead-center and were a bit fudgy if you caught the edge, so I sent em back. No problem with the OBSF24's - they're nice and responsive. I added the GOTW octogate from Jamma Nation X on one stick to try it out... I think I have to get used to it though... I'm so used to square-gates after all these years, feels very odd.

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
What I like best about Seimitsus is that you can hover over them and not activate them. I like to rest my index finger on A, middle on B, ring on C ,and thumb on D.

Also square gate 4 lyfe

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I like that sf2 stick...Im thinking of converting my Anniversary stick to universal pcb. I love american style sticks

-SD-

Camel Slug
Does anyone have any experience with either a Hitbox or Mixbox controller? I’m thinking I’d probably get on better with the Mixbox... thoughts please.

TAQ1tvA.jpg