What arcade stick do you own?

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
given that im interested in buying a couple of arcade sticks? which ones out there do you recommend?

i might be buying some for xbox/ps2/ and pc (heck may even for my DC)

i bought the SF anniversary, but wasn't too pleased. then i heard about the happs style. and i have heard nothing about x arcade.....

any info, i'd appreciate it....

btw, i also found this one

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2353801

and play asia has several....

Last edited:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
dude, if you don't like the SF aniversary stick, but like happ sticks and buttons, why don't you just put happ stuff in you SF ani?

As far as Joys, I have these:
2 Fucked up Ultimate styles in my Big Red cab (need replacement)
2 Mas system sticks set up for DC, I want to add PS compatablility to them
1 Hori Fighting Stick SS for Sega Saturn

Thats it, used to have more, but no longer.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
got any pics?

yeah, im not that satisified, but i might get another one since i only have 1 for vs play...

and then maybe eventually changing the stick with a happs stick or a better stick...

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
ok, heres a link 4 u.
http://www.arcadestickmonk.com/SFACmod.html

now I've never done one of these mods, infact I've never even touched a SF anni stick. But it looks easy enough. I would imagine its as good as a mas stick. Plus it works for ps and xbox right? its what I would do if I didn't like the stick. If you break something though, don't blame me ok.

I would also recommend getting a Hori Fighting Stick PS, its just like a Hori Fighting Stick SS except with an uglier color scheme and is for PS1. There was 1 that a member was selling for 15 shipped, I wish I had bought it. At the moment, I like playing my Hori more than my MAS sticks. Strange....

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
well i dont have the st stick but i know the mod is really easy to do(So i say go for it). i have a couple of sticks, i got the DC Agetec arcade stick it was pretty good but it even better when you put in a sanwa stick and button in it. also have the doa4 stick its really good( mostly use it for mame and stuff cause i dont have a x360 lol) but if your good at modding sticks it even better when you put in sanwa parts.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
A Neo Geo stick 2 for PS2.
Great stick for the price I reckon, plus it's got a cool Neo Geo box.

CarlosZ

Mickey's Coach
Dood i had a thread earlier just like this one, the SF anniversary doesn't compare to a MAS stick. I have both, got the SF first (that thing sucks ass for KOF's), MAS is amazing.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I have the Hori Tekken 5 stick that came bundled with that game last year. It's pretty nice, I guess. Nice enough for me anyway.

CarlosZ

Mickey's Coach
yea it looks pretty nice, its hori, can't stray too far off with a hori.

Martinov

Geese's Thug
* 1 Agetec
* Another Agetec (to be modded with Sanwa/Seimitsus and a PS1 PCB)
* HRAP1 modded with Sanwas

I'll be using the HRAP and modded Agetec as a universal controller for PC//DC/PS2/XBox and hopefully, in the future, the PS3/Wii too.

I don't favour the button layout or sticks of American cabs, personally. Doesn't seem comfortable to me. People's opinions seem to differ a helluva lot on this subject though. Try before you buy where possible and give them a thorough test run!

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
CarlosZ said:
Dood i had a thread earlier just like this one, the SF anniversary doesn't compare to a MAS stick. I have both, got the SF first (that thing sucks ass for KOF's), MAS is amazing.

Where did u get the MAS? and got a pic?

Are joysticks on normal quality US cabinets MAS sticks?

CarlosZ

Mickey's Coach
the MAS is as good or better then its american counterparts. At least I think so.

Edit: I don't have a camera this moment :oh_no: But when I do ill post em up so you can see.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
link?

any, ill be talking to that guy, nice sticks (i hope they're happs or MAS)....

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
CarlosZ said:
the MAS is as good or better then its american counterparts. At least I think so.

Edit: I don't have a camera this moment :oh_no: But when I do ill post em up so you can see.

There is no American counterpart for a Mas Stick. A Mas sick is an American stick, Californian to be specific. They are made in Long Beach.

for you guys who want a link...

www.massystems.com Theres a phone number, just call them and place an order.
\

Ok, I've just checked out their website for the first time in a couple years, they are now making sticks for the new systems. The Gamecube one looks disgusting!

Gamecube-2.jpg

who the hell would buy that?

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Yeah those look like ass.

anybody here ever tried the x arcade sticks?

i might buy one of those from mas, later on...

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
xarcade=butt
I've only played them w/ DOA3 on demo at Fry's it was cool for something at fry's. but x arcade is not real arcade stuff

swap your street fighters out and up with the happs

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Sanwa sticks all the way

Sanwa modified Agetec for Dreamcast:
135191339_24f6676685.jpg

Sanwa modified AES for NeoGeo:
120978034_af1c38bbfc.jpg

Sanwa modified Xbox for NeoGeo:
163349260_9a65227815.jpg