What arcade stick do you own?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I hear you on the saving money part. For me it was a no brainer to just go for it, have it inside a T5A HRAP with a custom 6BCP and done, easy does it. It used to be housing a Six Axis Adapter for PS3 so it was Bluetooth before but I had to go with the brook for versatility. It's the stick I use the most, it really is my best stick ATM.

35661894163_c7ff3f7c5c_k.jpg
[/url]vewlix by STR33TL1GHTS[/IMG]

just picked this one up...put seimitsu buttons in with a 2lb spring...the weight is nice, but i prefer the button layout on the tekken 7 stick

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Vewlix button layout isn't bad but I know what you mean. I love those VLX sticks, I wish they had the Sega button layout like the VSHG.

i was just looking at jasens customs...it looks like he created a sega panel for the vewlix but its not available for purchase...i never played on the vshg, looks nice tho...

i mostly play sfv...the stick is the least of my problems...haha, i shouldn't be making excuses!

Neccros007

n00b
Playing with a Jasens Customs Panzer 2.0 .... it's built like a tank! There's no way I can travel with it. So I take a TE2 when that happens.

Having never seen a Panzer 2.0 in person, whats the differences between the 2.0 and 3.0 if you know...

Neccros007

n00b
i was just looking at jasens customs...it looks like he created a sega panel for the vewlix but its not available for purchase...i never played on the vshg, looks nice tho...

i mostly play sfv...the stick is the least of my problems...haha, i shouldn't be making excuses!

Jasens currently deployed in the military so he has a guy in Alabama handling only his Panzer sales for now. Jasen gets back next month and everything on his site should resume normal sales again.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Due to this crappy weather here in Houston finally had a chance to finish a personal project.

Hori V3
-Sanwa jlf
-2lb Spring
-Seimitsu Keiko Ball Top
-Sanwa Translucent Shaftcover/Dustwasher
-Seimitsu Keiko PS14GN Buttons

AmICjHT.jpg
yafgYDi.jpg

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Looks good, that yellow and black aesthetic is nice!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Edit: Mod looks great!!! Ever since I saw those I felt they were a nice next setp over the DOA5/VF Hori 360 sticks, great 6 button setup.

AJ are you OK? I'm worried man, sent you PMs and Texts.

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Yeah, just woke up. So far we are good. Roads are flooded and some ppl houses I know have flooded. Still have acouple more days of this. Till I'm in the clear.
Thanks for asking man

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Yeah, just woke up. So far we are good. Roads are flooded and some ppl houses I know have flooded. Still have acouple more days of this. Till I'm in the clear.
Thanks for asking man

Stay safe, AJ. Same with all Texans affected by the weather.

Last edited:

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
I have a Qanba Obsidian (PS4/PS3/PC), Hori RAP V3-SA (PS3/PC), Asciiware (PS1/PS2), and a NES Advantage controller (not pictured)...

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Just got this in the mail. Been wanting one of these for awhile now. As soon as I got it, took stick apart, cleaned it and applied some fresh seimitsu grease. I also replaced the stock spring with a 1.5 JLF spring. It feels pretty damn good. The stock buttons are pretty decent. Plan to add seimitsu buttons in the near future. I am like the stick alot, might leave it alone, possibly see if I can find exact replacement switches for it.

namco.jpg

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Yeah, they arefluorescent yellow seimitsu Keikou buttons. Limited run on the Keikou buttons, they have fouorecscent yellow, gren, pink and orange. Pretty cool buttons.

SE_Keikou_PB.png

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Got a Qanba Q2 case in a trade i did with a friend. I didnt know about this case, but it wood, has a nice weight and more than enough space for your wrists while playing. I wanted to put a Sanwa JLW in it, but had to modify the JLW mounting plate. It also needed acouple of spacers to get it mounted at 24mm.

jlw.jpg

jlww.jpg

jlwww.jpg

The current main stick is a HRAP 4 Kai with the PC switch. I eventually ordered an octo-gate for it from focus attack since it was hard to get used to the shorter throw given how long I was playing on Sanwa sticks. I also have the first X360 Mad Catz TE which I mostly end up using when I'm playing local vs with someone else.

fdasta0079

n00b
Man, I wish my HRAP4 had the PC switch. I bought mine two weeks before they started selling the ones with the newer board. Felt like an idiot.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Got a Qanba Q2 case in a trade i did with a friend. I didnt know about this case, but it wood, has a nice weight and more than enough space for your wrists while playing. I wanted to put a Sanwa JLW in it, but had to modify the JLW mounting plate. It also needed acouple of spacers to get it mounted at 24mm.
I love the Q2's and the Q3's for being all wood. The sounds of clicking and button slapping are definitely muffled more than the plastic/metal sticks.

For the mounting plate, did you know about Kowal's universal plates? https://www.focusattack.com/kowal-flat-plate-converter/
I've been using them for my Q3's when changing around the sticks. Makes it a lot easier and cleaner to get any of the major joysticks mounted. Plus you don't need to ruin your stock plate.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
For the mounting plate, did you know about Kowal's universal plates? https://www.focusattack.com/kowal-flat-plate-converter/
I've been using them for my Q3's when changing around the sticks. Makes it a lot easier and cleaner to get any of the major joysticks mounted. Plus you don't need to ruin your stock plate.

I actually have the universal plate by PAS. I tend to just keep the Universal plate to use as a template when i need to modify a mounting plate like i did. Beats spending an extra $10 a pop. Plus even if i wanted to mount it with universal plate the start/select/home buttons actually get in the way of the plate due to the close placement to the stick. But yeah, if not for the buttons it wouldve been a easy mount using that plate.

And your are right about the wood case muffling the sounds of the hardware. I noticed it but didnt realize it until you said it. lol

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
That makes sense. Yeah I can see now the admin buttons are pretty close to the joystick.
What are you planning on putting in there for the controller PCB?

Man, now I'm thinking I should keep an eye out for a Q2!

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I wired up a ps3 chthulhu i had laying around, this isnt one of my main sticks, but it will be used with undamned db15 encoder, PS3 to ps2 adapter, pc, etc. Anything current im using the Omni stick, thats my daily driver for now.

I still need to mod up my personal VSHG. Havent had much time to work on it. but i will probably try to install a LS40 in that sucks this weekend.

fdasta0079

n00b
How do those stack up against the Brook DB15 encoders that were released a while back? I bought two of them, but the settings were a bit limited and fiddly for my taste.