What arcade stick do you own?

Boat200

New Challenger
You can find the diagrams/layouts here.
http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/layout.html

As for parts, the only american part seller i know is http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/ They are based in Hawaii. I used to get my parts from Lizardlick but went out of business or ran out of business...Also http://na.suzohapp.com/

These links are super helpful. Thanks. Especially the link for the diagrams/layouts. There's also a shop here in Paris called Neo Legend (http://www.neo-legend.com) which also seems to have a lot of parts. Haven't had the chance to make it over yet, but will soon.

eathis

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Here is the list of the stick I got:
_2 Namco sticks (the grey ones with yellow buttons) for PS2
_2 Hori Real Arcade Pro EX for xbox360

One of my first stick was a Hori Real Arcade Pro 1 full sanwa (I still got it) which I mod with NEOGEO logo colors.

flashbackx

Crossed Swords Squire
Here is the list of the stick I got:
_2 Namco sticks (the grey ones with yellow buttons) for PS2
_2 Hori Real Arcade Pro EX for xbox360

One of my first stick was a Hori Real Arcade Pro 1 full sanwa (I still got it) which I mod with NEOGEO logo colors.

Wow! I've never seen one of those before; that's a nice looking stick!

eathis

Tarma's Gun Polisher
This is a HRAP1 full sanwa, I add the NEOGEO logo and install buttons with the same colors.
Easy to do and I love the result^^

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
IMG_20140820_101057.jpg

Just got my new PS3 Hori VLX Diamond in today! To unseal or to keep sealed . . . that is the question :p Now I just need a 360 VLX Diamond to complete the VLX collection :)

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
No such thing exists. The VLX Diamonds only came out for PS3.

I can't believe I forgot they were PS3 only. I wish I could forget how much of a pain it will be to dual mod compared to a 360 VLX (VLX Kitty is SOOOO simple).

Bust that badboy open, eat some cheetos, roll some cigs on the cp, and play some button mashy fighters/shmups!

Gonna have to bust it out. Minus the CIG rolling. Cheetos are okay though :p

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I can't believe I forgot they were PS3 only. I wish I could forget how much of a pain it will be to dual mod compared to a 360 VLX (VLX Kitty is SOOOO simple).

Easy stuff. I use Mad Catz Fight Pads and Toodles' Imp PCBs for all the PS3 > 360 mods I do.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Easy stuff. I use Mad Catz Fight Pads and Toodles' Imp PCBs for all the PS3 > 360 mods I do.

Do you know of any guides to do it for the PS3 VLX? I know there's a ton of stuff out there for Madcatz TE sticks, but not the VLX. I'll have to snag one of the Mad Catz Fight Pads I found in town. I'm not too great at the whole dual mod thing, but I'm sure I could do it. I just want to make sure everything is super clean inside and that I do it right the first time.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Wiggle that stick like you're getting out of a dizzy. XD

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
To unseal or to keep sealed . . . that is the question

If that’s a serious question, definitely keep it sealed.

Then sell it to someone who will enjoy using it. For reals though, the diamond is an incredible stick, I’m just jelly.

The best console stick would be the Mad Catz TE fightstick. I picked up a SFxT version for my XBOX 360 on sale for about $100 and I have gotten more than enough use out of it. Official Sanwa stick and buttons = the best setup for fighters. I use it on my XBone as well to play Killer Instinct using the CronusMax setup. That way you don't have to spend another $200+ for a new stick for just one fighting game on XBone.

Seriously, just get a TE stick. Nothing else compares on consoles.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member

if you can repost yours, i can repost mine.

O6aea9n.jpg

Haha, damn near close to perfect! The Cammy stick just needs to be about 2" higher up and slightly to the right.

Last edited:

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Question for arcade stick aficionados: Does anyone know if the Virtua Stick HSS-0136 works with a USA region Saturn? Thanks - I didn't want to start a new thread and figured I'd post here...