What arcade stick do you own?

chromesphere

New Challenger
As posted in my collection thread, i have finished my neo geo controller last weekend. Although im ridiculously critical when it comes to DIY (everything has to be PERFECT or im not happy :( ) I've been using it this week and i must say, it plays really well. The joystick is a JLW (pulled from my previous controller) which i may swap out to a JLF down the track and the buttons are sanwas OBSF's.

Attachments

• 20180817_225436.jpg
    20180817_225436.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 20180817_225524.jpg
    20180817_225524.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 20180818_163421.jpg
    20180818_163421.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 121

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Looks nice but the button spacing seems a little long for the mvs one (horizontally). I also would've put the buttons up more for more area to rest your palm imo.

That 8 button one with your avatar has the perfect amount of space for your palm to rest.

chromesphere

New Challenger
Its a little give and take. The wireless controller is large and heavy. I wanted to make something more compact so unfortunately that comes with losing the ability to rest your palm. I could have swapped the buttons around, but then you have select and start underneath your hand, which i figured would have been more annoying then having the buttons lower. That was my logic. The only other option i can think of off hand is having start and select on the back of the controller, out of the way. It would be pretty tight but with 24mm sanwa buttons "possible".

Edit: I agree, buttons could be a little closer.

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Has anyone tried a stick from AllFightSticks? The simple chassis is exactly what I'm looking for BUT I want a transparent overlay (to see the guts of the stick). The FAQ says you need to have both the top plate and the acrylic installed because the acrylic is super thin and designed only for artwork. Do you guys think someone else could laser cut acrylic (preferably colored / transparent) to fit this?

https://allfightsticks.com/product/145-body-black-textured-3-2-neutrik-3-ambi

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Has anyone tried a stick from AllFightSticks? The simple chassis is exactly what I'm looking for BUT I want a transparent overlay (to see the guts of the stick). The FAQ says you need to have both the top plate and the acrylic installed because the acrylic is super thin and designed only for artwork. Do you guys think someone else could laser cut acrylic (preferably colored / transparent) to fit this?

https://allfightsticks.com/product/145-body-black-textured-3-2-neutrik-3-ambi

Im sure you could have a thick plexi made. But you will not be able to see alot of the inside due to the mounting area cut out and button cutouts.
He has option for clear bottom plexi so you can see the inside/wiring.
I own a AFS case. They are nice and heavy which is a good thing for me. ive installed a jlf, jlw and ls32 in it.
If you are a ls32/38 user which i am, there is a slight issue. Without the plexi just the CP the ls32 sits a hair under 23mm. Standard mount height is 23-24 mm.
So with the addition of a plexi you will be sitting at something like 21-22 mm which is too short.
I ended up throwing a JLW in mine since i plan to use a plexi in the near future.

Last edited:

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
TE2+ w/ BrookUFB + magenta stick.

Nice. How is the Magenta Stick?

I've been looking at ways to consolidate my stick collection and this looks like the best solution I've seen. Anyone tried the Brooks Retro Board yet?

I ordered it and got it installed. So easy! I have only used it with my PS2 because I was packing to move. I have a cable for Dreamcast to try out too.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
What is the consensus in 2019 on the best performing out of the box (no mods/adapters required) fight stick these days for PS4? After searching the net a bit it seems like the Madcatz TE2 has the least amount of input lag

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Put together this Chadbox. Not sure if I like 24mm attack buttons. Pretty fun to use.

wHSEINg.jpg

ELkzXmS.jpg

Uses this special connector vs a more traditional usb. Supposed to be Avian grade so it can withstand a lot insertions.

0XJD0Ez.jpg

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Lookin Good! I may go a custom build route, but I have never done it. I want to get something to put one of those Akishop boards into for PS4

NexusX

Astra Superstar
TE2+ w/ BrookUFB + magenta stick.

How did you get it to work?

The Magenta Stick only works with common ground sticks. The stock TE2 and the Brook UFB do not use common ground.
It even warns about TE2 compatibility when listing the features.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Wise fwom your gwave

I got a Mayflash f500 v2. What a piece of shit. I noticed the instructions said you have to plug in a wireless controller for the stick to work, but I thought that meant just for wireless usage. I plugged the thing directly into my 360 and it doesn't work. I'm debating returning it.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I have an HRAP VX SA. I used it quite a bit many years ago. I still like it a lot.

Recently got the stick that came out alongside the Astro City Mini, and it's dope. It's the same stick as the Virtua Stick High Grade (minus the PS3 exclusive buttons). I'm going to put a Brook board of some kind in it.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I've got a Hori Tekken 5 10th anniversary stick which I've modified for Neo Geo DB15. In that, I'm running a Sanwa JLF joystick (fit the stock mounting bracket) and Seimitsu PS-14 screw in buttons. I also recently got a Sigma 9000TB stick in which I'll be installing a brand new old model Seimitsu LS-32 joystick and new Seimitsu PS-14 snap in buttons.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I have an HRAP VX SA. I used it quite a bit many years ago. I still like it a lot.

Recently got the stick that came out alongside the Astro City Mini, and it's dope. It's the same stick as the Virtua Stick High Grade (minus the PS3 exclusive buttons). I'm going to put a Brook board of some kind in it.

The VSHG is one of the best sticks I ever played on along with the Sigma 9000tb. I really could care less about the Astro City Mini but did want to get ahold of that stick at regular price but I missed the boat. It's a shame they didn't include the extra buttons.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
The VSHG is one of the best sticks I ever played on along with the Sigma 9000tb. I really could care less about the Astro City Mini but did want to get ahold of that stick at regular price but I missed the boat. It's a shame they didn't include the extra buttons.

They come back on Amazon once in a while.

I decided I'm going to keep the Mayflash since it will work on the Switch and hopefully will work on a PS5. I'll have to get one of my 360 sticks from my parents house. I built a Seimitsu stick in like '08 or so. Gonna have to lube up the stick or just get a new LS-32.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
They come back on Amazon once in a while.

I decided I'm going to keep the Mayflash since it will work on the Switch and hopefully will work on a PS5. I'll have to get one of my 360 sticks from my parents house. I built a Seimitsu stick in like '08 or so. Gonna have to lube up the stick or just get a new LS-32.
You know if you buy a magic boots for the 360 you don’t need to connect the controller right?

https://www.amazon.com/Gam3Gear-May...eywords=magic+boots+360&qid=1611980249&sr=8-6

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member

Yeah, it’s a bummer that it basically requires hacking up the case to make it viable for anything other than the AC Mini.

Looks like they are in stock right now though!

https://www.amazon.co.jp/セガ-アストロシティミニ/dp/B08H2LH8WK?th=1&psc=1