greetings from a new member

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
just wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself. i was actually a member of these boards a few years ago but pretty much lurked and didn't converse with anyone. i was going through some old stuff and found my dreamcast and mark of the wolves and that rekindled my interest in neogeo stuff. i finally have enough income after leaving school to start a collection. i just bought my first mvs...KoF2003 hopefully it was a good buy because i bought it kind of blindly. if you guys have any suggestions about starting a collection or have somethings to sell me drop me a pm or something. i actually don't even have an MVS or AES system...so i should probably look into that, lol.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
welcome to the asylum!!!

remember if we crash exists are forward and to the back. follow the lights ...

fatoy.japa

n00b
Hey all,

Figured I might as well hijack this thread to introduce myself as well!
Recently become an AES owner after a long time lurking here; I'm starting to build up my collection via eBay - everyone has to start somewhere I guess and I hope being new to the scene doesn't count too much against me ;-)

Anyway; welcome to the original poster and I hope to catch you guys soon!

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
welcome to the nut house.

for your pleasure rinse and repeat

fatoy.japa

n00b
A quick addendum

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

While I've got your attention; do you have any recommendations for good AES carts to found a small collection on? ;)
I inherited KOFs 96 - 98 when I bought my console and I'm looking at getting hold of KOF 2002 and / or 2003 at the moment. Restricting myself to one game series probably isn't the most diverse way to approach this however, any ideas?

I mainly bought the neo for the 2d fighters (quite liked the sparse-ness of SVC: Chaos when I played it at a friend's, but that one seems controversial and could have been SF nostalgia I guess) but the price of the best examples is a bit off-putting at this early stage.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

fatoy.japa

n00b
'Two robots enter, one leaves... then later the other robot leaves after being declared the winner.'

'Well, that doesn't sound so bad!'

'Did I mention the crippling, agonising pain? I'm fairly sure I did...'

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Welcome to the jungle we play fun and games (Guns and Roses lyric).

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Hello to both of you.

You with the 03 MVS, get a system damnit, how are you gonna play o3 w/o a system?

You with the AES, get Samurai Shodown II! get Fatal Fury Special and get KOF94 or 95. If you like 2d fighters and don't want to spend 100+ these are the classics. I would also recommend Magician Lord and Ghost Pilots, and a King of the Monsters game if you think your bad enough.

fatoy.japa

n00b
Thanks for the advice Alec, very much appreciated man!
I've heard good things about Samurai Shodown II and Fatal Fury Special from various sources; I'll look at picking those up as soon as I can and I'll definitely look into the others as well.
I take it Garou: MOTW is the dream I should be aspiring to after that though? :glee:

Hope basic finds himself a system soon.

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
Welcome to the wonderful world of the Neo!!!

I hope you brought cheeto's because those are important. Anyway...you should get into AES or MVS there both just as good. If you need any AES or MVS...feel free to PM me. There is alot of good games in the Neo Library...a few recommends from me: Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, Windjammers, Metal Slug 3, Samurai Shodown 4...

I hope you enjoy your stay! :)

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Welcome to the forums, say goodbye to your wallets.

I am surprised no one has said that one already :)

Sllick50

NEST Puppet
dubdubdub said:
Welcome to the forums, say goodbye to your wallets.

I am surprised no one has said that one already :)
I still have my wallet it just dosent have shit in it.....wanna trade my wallet for a shockbox insert dub?

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Sllick50 said:
I still have my wallet it just dosent have shit in it.....wanna trade my wallet for a shockbox insert dub?

lmao :lol:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I threw my wallet out years ago. I would always lose it so now I just put my drivers and my atm in my pocket. cash just goes in pocket, I got tired of carying a wallet around with no cash in it.

Thanks for the advice Alec, very much appreciated man!
I've heard good things about Samurai Shodown II and Fatal Fury Special from various sources; I'll look at picking those up as soon as I can and I'll definitely look into the others as well.
I take it Garou: MOTW is the dream I should be aspiring to after that though?

Hope basic finds himself a system soon.

No problem man. Its hard for me to believe that there are still people in the world who haven't played SSII. I grew up on that game and X-Men COTA.

MOTW is atainable. Are you willing to sell everything you own?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Welcome guys.. enjoy teh dr4ma, as they say..:emb:

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Sllick50 said:

Yeah as long as it's gucci or some high-end shit like that.

Sllick50

NEST Puppet
Its the one that says BAD MOTHER FUCKER on it, you may have to throw in a shockbox.

Handles

n00b
Welcome, from a fellow noob. I am anxiously awaiting my AES from vwlunatic77 right now, and I have a Samurai Spirits II cart waiting for it as well. :buttrock:

Last edited: