CPS2 Kit Boxes (and other PCBs)

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Now that I am starting to collect CPS2 games and other arcade PCB's, I don't want to be "that guy" that happhazzardly stacks bare boards on dirty shelves. The same kind of anal retentiveness used when caring for MVS carts should carry over.

Using the boxes I ship many of you inserts in, I created a CPS2 (cardboard) shockbox.

The insides are lined with 1" foam and fit a CPS2 board snug. The extra box for Mr. Driller 2 is way oversized for the board, but I would rather have uniformity in my display than some uneven box.

If I can figure out a way to make these without so much manual labor I am going to start offering them on Southtown for other CPS2 collectors.

158745718_c298e46a05_o.jpg

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
You are indeed a Genious Could we possibly have the Outlays please :chimp: :chimp: :chimp:

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
Yeah I will get a nice PSD template together and throw it up this weekend!

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
158745718_c298e46a05_oceilingcat.jpg

Lol i'll be buying some off you the only reason i asked was because so i could make my own but i'll still get them printed by you if you do the service:chimp:

J69

Hardened Shock Trooper
:loco:
oh my god

I need those for my SSFII and SFZ3!

Sell me 2 dude. We gotta be able to replicate the casing sticker on the front of the boxes too, somehow!?

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
OMG how did ceiling cat get in my house!?

Damnit, he really did watch me masturbate....

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
His like Santa he sees u when you sleep he sees you when you wake and he sees you when you masterbate. Anywhom man deffo buying from you.

On a Note I'll be trying to find some nice Pictures for if anyone would want Front pics for them:drool:. Like it could have its own Format like fighters also and stuff on the side we can make this into an amazing Thing people

pda

n00b
Great stuff man!It looks neat

I'll be looking after this thread since i'm raising an Arcade PCB collection too and would like having good looking outer boxes for my stuff.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I want some too, are they big enough to fit the marquees in too.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Why not start making some sweet box art for the front? Perhaps something that can be printed via Southtown then glued at home? (probably a thinner stock of paper to make it easier).

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Messing around:
PLAY2.jpg

simulation:
mockup.jpg

:kekeke:

Last edited:

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Thats cool try and resize it and it see whats its like it looks good and

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
Wow never thought to do graphics like that. Only problem is, I would need 13" x 19" sticker stock - or alot of glue.

I will have to measure I am not even sure if 13"x19" with full bleeds would fit this box cover, these things are huge!

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
13"x19" will be enough for bleeds, the front of the box measures 12" x 18" (3" thick).

Do you have high res version of that scan? I can make a prototype tomorrow when I have access to the large printer.

Also, I think I can buy these boxes in white instead of kraft....

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
dubdubdub said:
13"x19" will be enough for bleeds, the front of the box measures 12" x 18" (3" thick).

Do you have high res version of that scan? I can make a prototype tomorrow when I have access to the large printer.

Also, I think I can buy these boxes in white instead of kraft....

lol damn that IS huge!

here is a link to the art i used for that. The logo I took from a flyer.
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7858AD3904557830

flyer
http://www.arcadeflyers.com/?page=thumbs&id=1655

Last edited:

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
Nice I will make a print tomorrow and see what can be done.

If I could have a finished print of 15" x 18" that would rule, I could wrap the cover over the spine and prevent that seam.

If that isn't an option, I will simply print the spine separate like 4" (1" overlap" and adhere it first.

I know this is a little far fetched, but I wonder if there would be enough demand for CPS2 boxes to make something like the shock with plastic injection... :conf:

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
I'd rather a generic CPS-2 box, with a scan of the label from the B board and perhaps the name of the game myself, instead of a huge shock box style insert. I believe Bill D has the labels available in colour.

How about a box for an A board too? I could really do with one of those. There is a scan of an original one somewhere. I'll try to find it.

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
If you don't want to stupidly huge art for the front, you could always size the front at 8x11 horizontally, and place it it the middle of the front, like this:

Code:
 ||        ||
 |----------|
 |          |
 |__________|
(note: not to scale!)

(ph33r the l33t ascii-art skillz)