CPS2 Kit Boxes (and other PCBs)

toodles

Zero's Secretary
dubdubdub said:
Ok I compiled a list of what is needed and what steps to take to make your own CPS2 kitboxes, as well as links to download templates for every region board. Next up is making the templates for every game, which might take me a few weeks. At least some of you can get started this way!

http://www.southtown-homebrew.com/CPS2/

Good luck!
Big big BIG thank you for doing this!

Edit: Any chance of a label template to mark Phoenix'ed boards?

Last edited:

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
toodles said:
Big big BIG thank you for doing this!

Edit: Any chance of a label template to mark Phoenix'ed boards?

If someone can give me an EPS version of the Phoenix logo I can implement that sure.

I just ordered a shipment of boxes to make some for a few members here. If anyone is interested in getting some from me, I am charging a couple $ above cost for my time. I think a fair price is $7 for each box w/label of choice, without foam.

Everyone has a fabric store nearby and can get some easily. As of late, I have just been keeping my B boards right in the boxes, skipping the foam altogether.

I only have about 10 of these boxes so if anyone wants some PM me with your game list (i.e. Progear: Storm of Progia, Green Board) and I will prepare proofs and get them going. Shipping is extra as well.

Here are some boxes I made for members today. I am using a better stock than before (the gray prints finer), and hand gluing the labels on now with rubber cement. It holds much longer and better imo.

newboxes.jpg

Last edited:

Spectre

Banned
Good work sir! Down with the ghey assraping foam!

Now who has cps2 b board label scans hmmm?

Spectre

Banned
Well, heres my take on dubdubdub's lovely labels. I'm sizing em to 28cm so I can print onto A4. Waiting for my boxes to arrive, will take some photos when they're done if anyone gives a crap.

cps2labels28cm_t.gif

Click for a bigger pic! :D

Have also done some work on reproductions of the b board labels, which I might slap on the top left corner of the box... haven't decided yet.

Spectre

Banned
Some sticker work, can't decide whether to do black and white original b board sticker reproductions (I can only find a few scans so am having to patch together some) or go with coloured customs. Dub I hope you see this stuff and get inspired to pick up the torch again as you're a much bigger photoshop ninja than me and imo it would be awesome to see this project through to completion for all cps2 games :)

cps2stickers_t.gif

Click for a bigger pic!

cps2stickers2_t.gif

Click for a bigger pic!

cps2stickers3_t.gif

Click for a bigger pic!

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I like the B board replacement labels, good job Spectre.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Why would someone put a PCB thats ... in a plastic box.. in a cardboard box?

CPS2 and MVS are probably the arcade formats which require the *least* protection.

:scratch::lolz:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
My only problem with stacking CPS2 games is that I can't see what they are so I have to kind of flip through them until I find the game I want, even though all my games are in alphabetical order it still manages to give me a hard time to find the game I want right away, so for the sake of the labels I actually would like to do this.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That Marvel SH needs to be accurate man! You should be using the JOE MAD art for the console port 'cause that's what's in the cabs, or at least use some art that doesn't have the THing in it. Good work on some of the other stuff. Try to keep the art akin with the concept art of the game, trust me man, it's way better that way.

Grizz9567

Crossed Swords Squire
Send me the art that should be used:buttrock:

That Marvel SH needs to be accurate man! You should be using the JOE MAD art for the console port 'cause that's what's in the cabs, or at least use some art that doesn't have the THing in it. Good work on some of the other stuff. Try to keep the art akin with the concept art of the game, trust me man, it's way better that way.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That looks really awsome, I love Cap he's one of my favrite heroes, but still I think you need to stick with the concept art of the actual game. I could scan the manual for you but I'm a lazy bum.

Grizz9567

Crossed Swords Squire
come on u lazy bum!
lmao

That looks really awsome, I love Cap he's one of my favrite heroes, but still I think you need to stick with the concept art of the actual game. I could scan the manual for you but I'm a lazy bum.