Hello from the UK

dj_johnnyg

n00b
Hi All,

Sorry, but I jumped the gun and posted a message on the trading thread before introducing myself.

I'm just about to receive a Neo-Geo 6-slot with a duff Bios, which I'm hoping my Universe Bios chip will fix. If it works, then it's £10 (or $20-ish) well spent.

I am also in the process of getting a Naomi to add to my collection of Arcade PCB's & home Consoles. (Hence my urgency in my first post to try get an I/O board!)

I'll no doubt be pestering you all in the near future if the 6-slot isn't as simple to fix as I hope.

Cheers

John

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Hey bud ...welcome...good price on the 6-slot!...if it turns out to be that ..then your quids-in!!...:buttrock:
Btw....check out the tech forum....its full of all good snippets of info & good technical folk to ask....if you cannot find what you are looking for, then the search box at the top of the forums page is useful too...

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
NEO GOLD said:
Hey bud ...welcome...good price on the 6-slot!...if it turns out to be that ..then your quids-in!!...:buttrock:
Btw....check out the tech forum....its full of all good snippets of info & good technical folk to ask....if you cannot find what you are looking for, then the search box at the top of the forums page is useful too...

Yeah, pretty good price. Also check out the other FAQs for info such as rarity, bootlegs, etc.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Hello from California. Enjoy neo geo.com

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Hi welcome here, not too far from me

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Welcome fellow uk'er

edit: lol just see that i posted in this thread before, guess it must have been moved here

Last edited:
Welcome :)

A few guys in this thread quite close by (didn't think that would be the case when I joined here).

wazik

n00b
Apologies for the bumbage of the thread but I cant start a new one, guessing its cos I have no post count.

I have been meaning to get hold of a neo-geo for a few years, for some reason I own quite a few consoles but never got hold of a neo, now I have some spare cash kicking about its time to dive in and get the console I always wanted.

Anyway. While looking about the interweb I found the site. I wasnt planning on posting due to the fact until today what I knew about the console could have been written on the back of my packet of smokes (played them years ago, wanted one) but I felt I should just to say thanks and well done on a superb site, the information on here is excellent.

After spending a few hours here, I think my first venture will be a CD (eyeing a few up as we speak) due to cheapness of the games but I plan at some point to get hold of an aes.

Again thanks for the great site. :buttrock:

I'll get back to lurking for a bit.

oh...it wouldnt be a first post without a question thats been answered 1000 times already. Am I correct in saying that if I get a jap CD console I cant change the bios to the UNIVERSE (which sounds great) or any other type as its just for aes and mvs so I am stuck with us and jap games playing in japanese but most of the cd games have an English option on em?