Power Instinct sound problems

BoyProdigy

Crossed Swords Squire
I just bought a Power Instinct PCB and everything is fine except for there is no sound. Does anyone know any common sound problems with these boards?

And before anyone says it, I've tried the volume knob in both directions, and the dips are set right.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
BoyProdigy said:
I just bought a Power Instinct PCB and everything is fine except for there is no sound. Does anyone know any common sound problems with these boards?

And before anyone says it, I've tried the volume knob in both directions, and the dips are set right.

Is it a boot???

Roughly half the pcb's I've seen of this game are boots.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Are you running it on a mvs set up?

Check that you are getting 12 volts to the audio output IC, is the IC getting hot.

yami

Mr. Big's Thug
Hi, and excuse me if I resurrect this thread, but I have a similar problem with my original Power Instinct board. :scratch:

The board is connected to a Sigma Raijin.
When the audio switch of the supergun is to "MONO", I hear no sound at all.
When I set the switch to "STEREO", I correctly hear sound effects (punches, character voices etc.) but music in background is wrong, like accelerated or corrupted.

But I'm almost sure the board is OK, the seller sent me a video of the board correctly working on a cabinet few days before I purchased it, and I think I can trust him.

Thank you very much!

P.S. It is the USA version.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Do you get at least a hum from the board when powered up? Try touching the pins on the sound amp with your finger, if you don't hear a hum then either the amp is dead, output caps are bad or your cab isn't setup for that board, meaning your cab could be for 4ohm setup and the board is only pushing 8ohms.

yami

Mr. Big's Thug
Thank you for your help.

This is the board:

10692953363_6dd68c406b_c.jpg

The board is connected to a Sigma Raijin supergun.
When the Sigma audio switch is set to "Mono", I hear no sound at all. When it is set to "Stereo", I hear some character sound effects, but music is "corrupted".

What part of the board should I check?

Thank you!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Sometimes the Sigma cable has a short in it where the left channel is shorted to ground. I don't think they test their cables as the last batch might have been bad.