Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KOF : Maximum Impact 2 PS2 shipped.

Quartermaster

Pics part two.

How's the KOF anime?

Production I.G.'s got a pretty decent track record,so I'm not too worried.

B-

Quartermaster

Quote Originally Posted by BIG
    How's the KOF anime?

Production I.G.'s got a pretty decent track record,so I'm not too worried.

B-
    It's okay, I guess. Nothing too special; each episode is only about five minutes long, so you really don't get too much out of it.

I like the Accede episode with Rock Howard, Billy Kane, Lien, and Terry Bogard.

Certified Gamer Chick

Thumbs up

I checked out the costumes page, and most of Billy's outfits are all right (nothing to write home about) I do rather like his Brit biker/matador and noble jockey outfits.

The "Candy Cane" staff has got to go.
    My Nerdy Figure Collection.
    My Photography 'n Art Stash.

Kickass People I've Dealt with: ckchan, c.t.h, insaneben, ookitarepanda, Nesagwa, bokmeow, Lets Gekiga In, Baseley09, Crujones4life, TemJin3000, bleedingrose, dojosky, TokyoSama, AppleiDog, Lovergoat, HentaiSama

WA6TJE

Now that I've actually seen a pic of Terry in Mary's clothes, I have to say that is creepy as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkOfTheMike
    I have 20 years in on fighters and own just about every 2d/3d fighter to hit the market mastering each one as the years go by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnaflux
    What 2P fighting games were out in 1986?
    busted.

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
    Quote Originally Posted by hanafudaX
    How is the AI? Can you crank it up to get a decent challenge, or is it a walkover like the AI on PS2 NBC?
    Can someone get back to me about this please? I don't want to buy the game if the CPU is a walkover.

Bitter Gamer

Karate Champ and Yie Ar Kung Fu

Crazed MVS Addict

You can't blame a 20 year old game for having only fighters in Karate Suits.
    SvC nearly does.

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

The Ash Crimson look for Kula is alright (much preferable to that horrific mishmash of a redesign Falcoon came up with). The Candy alternate is pretty stupid, though.

PSN: summerdrone

WA6TJE

Quote Originally Posted by derboo
    You can't blame a 20 year old game for having only fighters in Karate Suits.
    SvC nearly does.
    number 1: What the hell does SVC have to do with anything? Is anyone talking about SVC here, other than you?

number 2: there were about 34 characters in SVC, and only around maybe 10 of them were wearing "Karate Suits"...so what are you talking about? You need a trip sitter or something.

Kula's Candy

Quote Originally Posted by Korigama
    The Ash Crimson look for Kula is alright (much preferable to that horrific mishmash of a redesign Falcoon came up with). The Candy alternate is pretty stupid, though.
    I think you'd be pleasantly surprised by her Alt G (not pictured there). She gets her long hair back and she wears an all white gown (similar to that one official artwork floating around out there) but with the fur edges of the other variations with little angel wings on the back. It's how her original Alternate SHOULD have looked, IMO. Her H is the same only all black.

Of all 16 outfits that's my favorite one to use besides her default.

Oh and this one, unlike the others, has panty shots
    Last edited by Cain Highwind; 05-03-2006 at 05:54 PM.

Kula's Candy

Can someone get back to me about this please? I don't want to buy the game if the CPU is a walkover.

I'm not the best one to say, but at the default level 3, I found the computer to be pretty smart with a good amount of parries ESPECIALLY Luise on Stage 6 (and they WILL parry your parries, Luise and I traded parries a good 3 or 4 times before she "won", so you really have to stay on your toes). But I also noticed a good usage of combos and sidesteps as well. I'd imagine cranked up a little you'd have a decent challenge at least.

Jivatma is NOT a standard SNK boss. No Infinite bar or anything. He's a completely normal character with a few cheap moves, but once figured out he's a piece of cake as long as you have a good character to play.

Although that's just Arcade mode, the real challenges are in the Mission modes.

Though take it with a grain of salt, I'm just a casual player with "Meh" skill (who usually doesn't go higher than 3 or 4 for fighters)
    Last edited by Cain Highwind; 05-03-2006 at 06:09 PM.

Ermmm....monkey?

Crazed MVS Addict

Quote Originally Posted by SouthtownKid
    number 1: What the hell does SVC have to do with anything? Is anyone talking about SVC here, other than you?

number 2: there were about 34 characters in SVC, and only around maybe 10 of them were wearing "Karate Suits"...so what are you talking about? You need a trip sitter or something.

1: I'm basically talking about 20 year old Fighting Games. Someone in this thread said that the fighters in Karate Champ where all the same. As i started my post with "You can't blame a 20 year old game...", this wasn't too hard to combine. No one here was talking about 20-year-old games here in the first place. Then why was nobody bitching when it was mentioned? Because it was related to something someone said earlier. As was my post. So there's absolutely no need to bitch about it.

2: "only around 10" is a funny formulation...

Akari's Big Brother

Is there a translation to the challenge / mission requirements anywhere? I'd like to get started unlocking things but have no idea what I should be doing. I accidentally did the first few but that's no fun.

Alternatively, a completely unlocked save file would work too.

SouthTown StreetSweeper

man this one actually looks cool, as soon as someone receives it put up a report!!
    "Here is your lesson for today,
    ya better listen up real fucking good!
    My cloud always has a silver lining,
    and I love everything that I see.
    My world is wonderful and no one could ever hurt me.
    You hate yourself, yes you do,
    and that's why right now I hate you. "
    -Today's Lesson

Looking for arcade pcb's, cps, cps2's (8/23/06)

NeoGeoForLife.com

Quote Originally Posted by Murray
    Is there a translation to the challenge / mission requirements anywhere? I'd like to get started unlocking things but have no idea what I should be doing. I accidentally did the first few but that's no fun.

Alternatively, a completely unlocked save file would work too.
    www.cyberfanatix.com or www.gamefaqs.com for a guide on the easy missions. Don't think there are any other FAQ's out for it atm.

Kaz

I got the game Friday... and finished all 200 easy and hard missions by Saturday night. This is either an accomplishment or a cry for help, I'm not sure which. Anyway, use the gamefaqs FAQ for the easy missions, and if you get stuck too long on a hard mission, post up. I might need time to go back and re-play any given mission though... they are all running together in my head.

Even though the coin missions and parry missions can be a pain, I thought the hardest mission by far was land 3 Geese counters in a row vs Billy Kane without taking a hit. CPU opponents just aren't very... PREDICTABLE!!!
    PS4 network id neojedi.
    Team Samurai: Bandeiras, Nakoruru, Leona

Tesse's Maintainence Man

Kyo's Flame
    Sunnyvale, CA http://www.twitch.tv/danadamkof

About those combo videos that were posted from that japanese site, for being such huge filesizes, they're of low resolution and run length.

MI2 looks awesome, nuff said.

No Longer Yung
    No Longer Raoul

Santa Clara, San Jose & San Francisco, California

Wow those screen grabs look very nice, I'm now eargerly waiting for the US release more and more

Now that's just wicked

My Gameplay videos
    Yakuza: A Way Of Life( A Guerrilla Spetsnaz Studios game )
    JPN name = Yukinaga Kunomasu
    Quote Originally Posted by SPINMASTER X View Post
    I love STK. I'm going to be just like him when I grow up.

Akari's Big Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuya_UK
    www.cyberfanatix.com or www.gamefaqs.com for a guide on the easy missions. Don't think there are any other FAQ's out for it atm.
    Thanks. I'll have a look at those. I'd looked on gamefaqs right before I posted and nothing was up yet.

NeoGeoForLife.com

Quote Originally Posted by Murray
    Thanks. I'll have a look at those. I'd looked on gamefaqs right before I posted and nothing was up yet.
    No probs - it's actually listed on gamefaqs under the US name of "King of Fighters 2006", which might be why you didn't find it.

Kaz

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
    This title reached No 11 in the JPN game sales chart for the week.

No firm figures yet, but it is safe to say it sold between 30,000 and 36,000 copies. Pretty good going all things considered.

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

This title reached No 11 in the JPN game sales chart for the week.

No firm figures yet, but it is safe to say it sold between 30,000 and 36,000 copies. Pretty good going all things considered.

That's no surprise as the first MI sold well in Japan as well, surprising many people, but also realizing mainstream fans were waiting for this, but then again KOF 2003 PS2 sold good as well..

So SNK, KOF does have some pull in Japan.

They should take profit of this and go all out on next 2D KOF.[/fanboywish]

Thread Information