KOF : Maximum Impact 2 PS2 shipped.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
A bulk of the other MI 2 threads were wack.

So let's start over, since the game is released, we can stop speculating on what/who/how, it's the time for impressions.

Don't have the game yet, but I have a feeling it will be more playable than the first game, have LOTS to unlock and the bonus stages will not be as much fun as we would like, but still good.

Looking forward to all the crazy secret characters tho.

It's shipping now.

Limited edition looks hot!

Last edited:

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Picking this up tommorrow. :D

Won't get to play it till at least mid next week. :crying:

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
Secret char. easier to see them. The only cool char. is Mr. Karate and Classic Kyo. The other look fucking ugly. Especially Jivatma. SNK really needs to hire some skilled artist , Falcoon's designs are only going down hill.

Lilly vs. Jivatma
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8053/upload200000141624ji.jpg

Mr. Karate vs. Hanzo
http://img280.imageshack.us/img280/1076/upload200000141644qd.jpg

Classic Kyo vs. Armor Ralf
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/2108/upload200000141687xz.jpg

Kula vs. Fio pic.
http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/2843/upload200000141657vr.jpg

Last edited:

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
MUSOLINI said:
Secret char. easier to see them. The only cool char. is Mr. Karate and Classic Kyo. The other look fucking ugly. Especially Jivatma. SNK really needs to hire some skilled artist , Falcoon's designs are only going down hill.

Lilly vs. Jivatma
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8053/upload200000141624ji.jpg

Mr. Karate vs. Hanzo
http://img280.imageshack.us/img280/1076/upload200000141644qd.jpg

Classic Kyo vs. Armor Ralf
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/2108/upload200000141687xz.jpg

Kula vs. Fio pic.
http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/2843/upload200000141657vr.jpg

Lilly Kane and Fio are fucking hot.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
MarkOfTheMike said:
I want to work for Play-Asia :)

Comes from being an avid importer. :D

Can't wait to see the alternate of the secret characters.

Mr. Karate looks insane in his life-bar portrait.... O.O

derboo

Crazed MVS Addict
Fio with her guns seems to be terribly misplaced, they should have given her an hand-to-hand-combat style.

Armor Ralf seems pretty unneccesary to me, but he reminds me of Bowser...

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
ZOMG!!!

HATTORI HANZO!?!??!?!?!?!

*busts a big ass nut*

I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY THIS ON THURSDAY!!!!!!

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Hanzo, Mr Karate and Fio all look great definately getting the LTD!

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Anyone know when this is hitting stateside?

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Fygee said:
Anyone know when this is hitting stateside?

Soon I hope.

I really want to try my hand at Lily now. Then I can become the master of BOTH Kane siblings.

sammaz

Quiz Detective
i got it tonight ony had a chance to play a few rounds but its extremely dark and there are no options to adjust brightness...kinda sux i had 3 matches where the carachters looked like black sillouhettes the entire battle...this game should be called "King of Shadows" Minimal Lighting II:kekeke:

MarkOfTheMike

Banned
I got this game today and must say its pretty impressive.

I like how the combos link it feels more solid the MI Mania X

The graphics and backgrounds are also top notch as well as a cool interface and great sound. The opening video leaves something to be desired though.

Probally the most SOLID ORIGINAL game by Snk Playmore yet :)

Big ups to Falcoon!!!!!

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Wow. It really looks like they went wild with this release. It's almost like it's turning more into the spirit of Neo Geo Battle Colleseum instead of just an attempt at a 3D KOF (the way KOF is treated now).

I was going to get this game, anyway; but it looks like I have more to look forward to, than I expected.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
Played this last night; without being able to play against some people online, I have no idea if they have improved the engine and gotten rid of the problems with the ground abuse if you miss a roll, but against the CPU, it certainly seemed like they did. Love the new parry system; it's basically the same as The Last Blade's. You hit hard punch and light kick together (or just L2) to parry. That combined with the rolling and sidestepping gives you a lot of defensive options. Controls and combos feel tighter now; MI2 feels more 2D than the the original game did.

Went through the story mode twice and got Kim Kaphwan (he has one of Dongwan's moves now) and Richard Meier (looking much younger than he should!), as well as a few more outfits for Mai and Terry. It looks like Terry lost the MOTW look; his new alternate is actually based on Blue Mary's look from Real Bout Special/2; with the same style of boots, star emblem pants, and the 8-ball jacket. Looks pretty cool. Andy may not be in the game, but Mai of course mentions him all the time, and now she has his flaming kick SDM, too!

The game's visuals appear to have been completely redone. It looks a bit more cartoony now; some characters have exagerrated hand sizes (Ralf!) and such; the look of the game reminds me a bit of Kingdom Hearts for some reason. MI2 is no Tekken 5 or Soul Calibur 3 when it comes to graphics, but the game does look pretty nice overall. The stages I've seen so far are much more colorful and less static than the previous game's bland stages.

MI2 seems like an awesome title so far. I'm really enjoying it...can't wait to play some more after work today. :D

sammaz said:
i got it tonight ony had a chance to play a few rounds but its extremely dark and there are no options to adjust brightness...kinda sux i had 3 matches where the carachters looked like black sillouhettes the entire battle...this game should be called "King of Shadows" Minimal Lighting II:kekeke:

Something is wrong with your TV, it's not the game. ;) MI2 is very bright and colorful.

MarkOfTheMike

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
Played this last night; without being able to play against some people online, I have no idea if they have improved the engine and gotten rid of the problems with the ground abuse if you miss a roll, but against the CPU, it certainly seemed like they did. Love the new parry system; it's basically the same as The Last Blade's. You hit hard punch and light kick together (or just L2) to parry. That combined with the rolling and sidestepping gives you a lot of defensive options. Controls and combos feel tighter now; MI2 feels more 2D than the the original game did.

Went through the story mode twice and got Kim Kaphwan (he has one of Dongwan's moves now) and Richard Meier (looking much younger than he should!), as well as a few more outfits for Mai and Terry. It looks like Terry lost the MOTW look; his new alternate is actually based on Blue Mary's look from Real Bout Special/2; with the same style of boots, star emblem pants, and the 8-ball jacket. Looks pretty cool. Andy may not be in the game, but Mai of course mentions him all the time, and now she has his flaming kick SDM, too!

The game's visuals appear to have been completely redone. It looks a bit more cartoony now; some characters have exagerrated hand sizes (Ralf!) and such; the look of the game reminds me a bit of Kingdom Hearts for some reason. MI2 is no Tekken 5 or Soul Calibur 3 when it comes to graphics, but the game does look pretty nice overall. The stages I've seen so far are much more colorful and less static than the previous game's bland stages.

MI2 seems like an awesome title so far. I'm really enjoying it...can't wait to play some more after work today. :D

Something is wrong with your TV, it's not the game. ;) MI2 is very bright and colorful.

I think he is playing on a arcade cabinet

Currently I am playing on a Sega Astro City with a Nanao monitor and it is beautiful.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Alternative costumes look fucking awesome! Espeicially Iori!

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Did anyone else notice the Last Blade Setsuna!Iori in that thread? :buttrock: