KOF : Maximum Impact 2 PS2 shipped.

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
Couldnt wait, ordered it yesterday.

BTW, this kicks ass!
leona_normal_g.jpg

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
How is the AI? Can you crank it up to get a decent challenge, or is it a walkover like the AI on PS2 NBC?

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
I took some screengrabs yetserday off my capture card, for those who want to see more pics. Most were taken in the free camera mode.

parry22oh.jpg
metalslug11av.jpg

characterselect3xf.jpg
armorralflillykane8pm.jpg

wildwolfbjenet7ik.jpg
bjenethanzo9fd.jpg

lienmaxima9pg.jpg
maib4nc.jpg

billyrichard2cr.jpg
nagaseluise0hg.jpg

BIG

sony fanboy
How's the KOF anime?

Production I.G.'s got a pretty decent track record,so I'm not too worried.

B-

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
BIG said:
How's the KOF anime?

Production I.G.'s got a pretty decent track record,so I'm not too worried.

B-

It's okay, I guess. Nothing too special; each episode is only about five minutes long, so you really don't get too much out of it.

I like the Accede episode with Rock Howard, Billy Kane, Lien, and Terry Bogard.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
I checked out the costumes page, and most of Billy's outfits are all right (nothing to write home about) I do rather like his Brit biker/matador and noble jockey outfits.

The "Candy Cane" staff has got to go. :angry:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Now that I've actually seen a pic of Terry in Mary's clothes, I have to say that is creepy as hell.

MarkOfTheMike said:
I have 20 years in on fighters and own just about every 2d/3d fighter to hit the market mastering each one as the years go by.
Magnaflux said:
What 2P fighting games were out in 1986?
busted.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
hanafudaX said:
How is the AI? Can you crank it up to get a decent challenge, or is it a walkover like the AI on PS2 NBC?

Can someone get back to me about this please? I don't want to buy the game if the CPU is a walkover.

derboo

Crazed MVS Addict
You can't blame a 20 year old game for having only fighters in Karate Suits.
SvC nearly does.

Korigama

Ghost of Captain Kidd
The Ash Crimson look for Kula is alright (much preferable to that horrific mishmash of a redesign Falcoon came up with). The Candy alternate is pretty stupid, though. :spock:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
derboo said:
You can't blame a 20 year old game for having only fighters in Karate Suits.
SvC nearly does.
number 1: What the hell does SVC have to do with anything? Is anyone talking about SVC here, other than you?

number 2: there were about 34 characters in SVC, and only around maybe 10 of them were wearing "Karate Suits"...so what are you talking about? You need a trip sitter or something.

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Korigama said:
The Ash Crimson look for Kula is alright (much preferable to that horrific mishmash of a redesign Falcoon came up with). The Candy alternate is pretty stupid, though. :spock:

I think you'd be pleasantly surprised by her Alt G (not pictured there). She gets her long hair back and she wears an all white gown (similar to that one official artwork floating around out there) but with the fur edges of the other variations with little angel wings on the back. It's how her original Alternate SHOULD have looked, IMO. Her H is the same only all black.

Of all 16 outfits that's my favorite one to use besides her default.

Oh and this one, unlike the others, has panty shots :kekeke:

Last edited:

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
hanafudaX said:
Can someone get back to me about this please? I don't want to buy the game if the CPU is a walkover.

I'm not the best one to say, but at the default level 3, I found the computer to be pretty smart with a good amount of parries ESPECIALLY Luise on Stage 6 (and they WILL parry your parries, Luise and I traded parries a good 3 or 4 times before she "won", so you really have to stay on your toes). But I also noticed a good usage of combos and sidesteps as well. I'd imagine cranked up a little you'd have a decent challenge at least.

Jivatma is NOT a standard SNK boss. No Infinite bar or anything. He's a completely normal character with a few cheap moves, but once figured out he's a piece of cake as long as you have a good character to play.

Although that's just Arcade mode, the real challenges are in the Mission modes.

Though take it with a grain of salt, I'm just a casual player with "Meh" skill (who usually doesn't go higher than 3 or 4 for fighters)

Last edited:

derboo

Crazed MVS Addict
SouthtownKid said:
number 1: What the hell does SVC have to do with anything? Is anyone talking about SVC here, other than you?

number 2: there were about 34 characters in SVC, and only around maybe 10 of them were wearing "Karate Suits"...so what are you talking about? You need a trip sitter or something.

1: I'm basically talking about 20 year old Fighting Games. Someone in this thread said that the fighters in Karate Champ where all the same. As i started my post with "You can't blame a 20 year old game...", this wasn't too hard to combine. No one here was talking about 20-year-old games here in the first place. Then why was nobody bitching when it was mentioned? Because it was related to something someone said earlier. As was my post. So there's absolutely no need to bitch about it.

2: "only around 10" is a funny formulation...

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
Is there a translation to the challenge / mission requirements anywhere? I'd like to get started unlocking things but have no idea what I should be doing. I accidentally did the first few but that's no fun. :)

Alternatively, a completely unlocked save file would work too.

CarlosZ

Mickey's Coach
man this one actually looks cool, as soon as someone receives it put up a report!!

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Murray said:
Is there a translation to the challenge / mission requirements anywhere? I'd like to get started unlocking things but have no idea what I should be doing. I accidentally did the first few but that's no fun. :)

Alternatively, a completely unlocked save file would work too.

www.cyberfanatix.com or www.gamefaqs.com for a guide on the easy missions. Don't think there are any other FAQ's out for it atm.

Kaz

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I got the game Friday... and finished all 200 easy and hard missions by Saturday night. This is either an accomplishment or a cry for help, I'm not sure which. :loco: Anyway, use the gamefaqs FAQ for the easy missions, and if you get stuck too long on a hard mission, post up. I might need time to go back and re-play any given mission though... they are all running together in my head.

Even though the coin missions and parry missions can be a pain, I thought the hardest mission by far was land 3 Geese counters in a row vs Billy Kane without taking a hit. CPU opponents just aren't very... PREDICTABLE!!! ;)